SCAM ALERT! LA Weight Loss

ATTENTION !!!! SCAM ALERT !!! After paying a full program for a year in July 2014, in late November, without warning, they just closed operations in Costa Rica and we were left without explanation or refunds. They did not leave any phone number, just an email in which they assured me they would call me, and that there would be a follow up for me, and that they would be in touch. It was all a fraud! Which is a shame, because the program works! I lost 43 lbs in 4 months ... Still, I am outraged and demand the return of my money!
San Jos, San Jose
Pros
  • Program really works
Cons
  • Lack of commitmment
  • Irresponsibility
Reason of review
Scam. I payed for a full program and they closed opperations without returning the money
Preferred solution
Full refund

Ripped off

I used LA weight loss bought products from them 48 boxes of protein bars . i go to my visit one day and they were gone. I never got reimbursed for the money i spent. Now they are open again. I am pissed off that they would be allowed to open again without so much as a letter of apology to former customers. I would say to people that want a program to help you lose weight to look for a more trust worthy place. If you buy products get them up front or buy them daily. don fall for lies

I lost weight on LA Weightloss a few years before they closed. They ripped me off back then...they had a deal where you received a quarter of your money back if you reached your goal.

I reached it. Then if you kept it off for 6 months, you got another quarter of your money back. They mysteriously lost my paperwork (my WHOLE FOLDER that should never leave that store) three months after I made it to my goal.

Hmmmmm....There was no proof of me having reached the goal.....scammers...but they did help me lose weight. I had bought a whole bunch of bars and then sold them off to someome I knew was on the program.

Los Angeles Wieght Loss program

View more comments (1)
Midlothian, Virginia

Rude people at la weight loss co.

here in san antonio texas waiting for someone to reimburse my daughter 389.00 of her hard earned money for canceling her program the same day she enrolled. why has it taken so long to issue her a check, it didn't take more then an hour before her money was taken out of her bank account!!!!! major rip off here. all we want is her money back , why can't anyone help us? do we need to get legal help? has anyone out there experienced the same treatment? we have'nt heard anything positive from anyone there. help us

I transferred LA Weightloss centers in 2004 -- from Austin to Hawaii. The Austin staff assurred me the good ordered from them would be delivered to Hawaii.

They never were. So, I never paid the bill. GE Care Credit then increased my interest rate to 40%.

By the time the company charged off the report to my credit reprot, the amount was over $4,000. Get a lawyer and take care of it ASAP before they ruin your daughter's credit.

San Antonio, Texas
Loss

Refuses to reimburse fee due to cancellation of program

my daughter cancelled her program the same day she enrolled, she paid 389.00 dollars of her hard earned money. she regretted joining, she made a big mistake. her bills are her first priority, and had to think twice about spending this much money. now no one seems interested in helping her get her money back. i called and asked for the corp. number and was spoken to very rudely. there is no way these people want to reimburse her. is this the way everyone is treated? is there anyone out there that can help us? l.a.weighloss co.

:( I joined years ago did great.LOVED IT!! I had surgey so Iwas laid up for quite a few months so with out excerise and ofcourse not eating right I gained half the weight back so I join again.

Then I had surgery out again more months so I just took a leave when I went to my (mind you I had anappointment.

THe Company just packed and left without notifying me.I paid them over 200.00 this was in Dover DE. I emailed the companyt NEVER a response...

San Antonio, Texas
Loss

Helped me get quick rapid results

LA weightloss really works. When I follow the plan, I lose up to 3 pounds a week. There is a catch. If I go off the plan, I then gain back the weight very quickly. It's almost scary how quickly the weight goes back on if you cheat. SO JUST DO NOT CHEAT! And there are plenty of alternatives to the bars for way cheaper at your local drug store. I have been following the LA weightloss plan for two years now to maintain my goal weight of 130 lbs and it is the easiest meal plan I have ever followed and the easiest way to lose and maintain weight ever!
#193486

I lost 26 lbs in 11 wekks ... yes 11 weeks on LA Weightloss back in 2005..

GUESS WHAT ... 5 YEARS later ... I am STILL the same even at 40 years old now!!! Cant beat that.

LA teaches you how to eat right, maintain where you want to be, yet get you back on track fast if you slip up. So all the whiners that complain that they gained it all back... falls back on you.

You have all teh tools --- USE THEM and stick to it! I did.

ID
#120959 Review #120959 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Barrie, Ontario

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article