Wasted and Hostile attitude

Straight to the point: We had a reservation, we were there on time to order, we were with the kids and family, we were ready with our order within their set deadline of 10:30PM and above all we were all hungry. Instead of all the good things like a good restaurant offers to its customers, what I gathered that evening at Kumar’s was lack of genuine hospitality and a big heart for their customers. These events are usually when any restaurant owner would really get to show his soul to his guests and Kumar’s simply showed they are another mediocre restaurant. Of course, I wouldn't let my family dine-in at the *** place with the *** attitude. Storytelling: I had a reservation for 6 of us with 2 little kids at 10:15PM on Friday night. Drove more than 30 miles and got there and was attended to, by the guy in front, precisely at 10:23PM. We were asked to wait for the table and at the same time, the guy at the front mentioned about the reduced/limited menu after 10:30PM and so we started surfing through the regular menu to order some food before 10:30PM while we wait for our table. What fun, we actually decided what to order in less than 2 minutes. At 10:25PM, the guy at the front asked us to he cannot take the order and would first need to check with the boss inside. We said, sure please go ahead and check, no worries. Guy came back at 10:29PM and to my surprise we were told that we cannot order from the regular menu anymore. I requested the guy to let me have a quick chat with his boss. A lady, supposedly the front guy's boss, came after a few minutes and told us the same thing that they cannot honor to take our order. She said that it was indeed her boss who says we cannot order (yes, displaying tiers of bosses to customers in a service business like restaurant where people come to have a good time and to eat). I then requested to see her boss as I really wanted to look into the big boss's eyes for the great hospitality we received. He did not come out as he might be either too busy to care for his customers or feeling guilty or lack of courage to face or not sure what in the world. Well, we left the restaurant with our families and kids. ************************************************************* UPDATED on 2/22/16: Kumar's blaming and accusing me as a customer for something I have no clue about, interesting read: ***************************************************************** Kumar's response: I know you came back again the next day and enjoyed the dinner at Kumars. Would you like to change your review based on that? Thanks ************************************************** Vin's Response: Dear Kumar, I never came back at Kumar's. Probably my friends were there at your place. Well, I am even more disturbed by the fact that: First, I wasn't even there. Now, let's assume that I did stop by and move on to the second point: Second, most importantly, you are contacting me to change the reviews only after your assumption that I came back. You never contacted me after my unsatisfied reviews. If I wouldn't have stopped by again then you wouldn't have cared at all for my reviews and simply ignored it! I thought it is supposed to work the other way and an invite to me should be coming from your end. So, I really do not have any positive reasons to update my review but actually do have a few more negatives. Not sure what would be your take on this. Regards, Vin ************************************************** Kumar's Response: Oh no. I believe that came out wrong. Usually I contact everyone who had a bad experience to talk about what happened and try to give an explanation. I was gonna do that with you as well, but my staff member said you actually came by the next day and they made sure they went over the normal to get you an amazing service. That's why I asked my question that way. And I never ask anyone to change the review. It's people's personal opinion on things and I shouldn't convince them to change it. Only thing I can do is provide a better service next time and win them over. So please don't get me wrong. Now back to your visit, I'm sorry that it was a bad experience for you. But I would like to explain that, our full menu stops at 10p. It says clearly on our website and also when you make the reservation. That night, since yours was 10:15p, the guys were actually being nice to go check if they can make anything for you. But then you became a little annoyed I believe. Anyways, not going over and over about it, I would like to make it up to you in case you're interested in giving us another shot. If you don't want to, I completely understand. Have a good day! *************************************************** Vin's Response: So, you are saying all your staff lied to me several times (over the phone as well as personally) that day about full menu being offered until 10:30. Over the phone, they confirmed to serve full menu if I had a reservation at 10:15 and so I had made the reservation accordingly. Guy at the front had actually handed over menus to me so that we can choose from the full menu and later took it back from me after checking with his bosses. Even those bosses did admit 10:30 as your set time for full menu. And now, you call it being nice...sure! On top, you are so courteous to tell me to check your website. And, you think you do not want to go over and over it!! Kudos. Please note, I was never annoyed and had simply walked out of the restaurant along with my family and kids. I think you have accounted for many incorrect pieces of information rather than sincerely looking into the matter. I now realized that I actually wasted my efforts and time to try to help you guys improve. It's worse than being mediocre. You too have a good day at business. *************************************************** Kumar's Response: You weren't annoyed? "Call your boss, I'm gonna kick his ***" - are the words from your mouth. Trust me, I'm being nice to you. If anyone else said that to me, I wouldn't even be talking to them like I did to you. Nice language for someone who came to eat dinner with kids. Keep it up! And I'm done here. Thanks for "trying" to make us better. I will take care of that myself. *************************************************** Vin's Response: Are you out of your mind Mr. Kumar? You are accusing me of something so grave which I even have no clue about. I'll be filing a consumer complaint against you today. Get your staff face to face with me in the court and let them verify if I was anything else other than being nice all the times even until now. Do you have cctv, take some time and check it out today? You and your staff even identified a different person altogether thinking that I stopped by again at your restaurant and though I mentioned about it to you, you still keep trying to identify me as someone else. This is where you have failed drastically. You have crossed your limits. This time, I am going to take some actions. I'll let you take care of it 'yourselves' now. *************************************************** Kumar's Response: The group that came again the next day may not be you, but it's someone from the same group who was with you. But I'm talking to you directly because the review came from this account. If you were there or not the next day doesn't matter, because whatever happened there that day was with you. I am talking based on what my staff told me. And that's exactly the words they heard. It's not just one person. Three people have heard it. So yes, I believe them. And if you want to file a complaint, go ahead and I have the employees verify it themselves. *************************************************** Vin's Response: Since you have accused me of something, it is my responsibility to come out of it and I am all in for it. I made the reservation I was the one who was an unsatisfied customer I never said anything bad or even slightly remotely bad I wrote the review I wrote the review from my own account I clarified your misunderstandings in email above I retried and reclarified several times your misunderstandings you proved your worth, let me prove mine now.
ID
Plano, Texas
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article