Do Not GO to *** Sung Karate School Lacey Twp. NJ

I enrolled my 15 year old daughter into class for her birthday. Her second class was Thurs February 24, 2011. Class starts at 7pm and we got home at 650pm which left no time for myself or my boyfriend to change from work. As her class is winding down, the students for the adult class begin to arrive and gather in the managers office conversing with the receptionist, which is the owners daughter in law and my daughters instructers wife. They began to stare at my boyfriend and made unnecessary comments,(He is a police officer and was in uniform) such as trying to determine where the twon he worked in, etc. They then began to state that he was out of his juristiction and began to poke fun, meanwhile the receptionist is in the office while this is all happening. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if I could speak with her outside. I asked if she runs the school, I was told yes. I told her I felt it was rude and innappropriate for her to allow that not only in her school but in her presence in her office. She told me there was nothing she could do. I asked for the owners contact information/ I was told she did not have it and that she would get it from her husband, which I find that hard to believe being he is, in fact her father in law. We walked back in, she went into the office and proceeded to tell the men that I had asked her to talk. At this time, one of the men proceeded to state that he would, and I quote, "punch me in my face". I waited after class so she could ask her husband for her father in laws contact information. I was told to call the following day after 430pm. I have several problems with the events that took place. Karate is supposed to teach respect, self confidence, and disipline. I do not feel this is the kind of example that men should be setting. I do not feel that anyone should be made to feel uncomfortable while trying to watch their child in class. I am beyond disappointed not only in the events but the way my complaint was handled. Owner called about a week later, stated he was going to "investigate" then he would get back to me. I have still not recieved a call back and it is one month later. Thye are rude, unprofessionional

Sounds overly sensitive about innocent jokes. My husband is a police sgt., & all of our kids have gone to school here for over 8 years without incident.

Many other students are also either law enforcement officers or family of law enforcement officers. Not sure why such a level of offense was taken.

I'm not related to the school. I have seen the students at Lacey and from what I can tell, they are taught respect for others. All the schools focus on it and it's why they are considered the leaders in the field in the art of Martial arts in Ocean County.

Is your daughter still going by any chance?

View more comments (1)
ID
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article