Kona Islander Inn Hawaii Resort Management Scam Ripoff

I booked a "Condo" through a firm called HWaii Resort Management and someone named Jim Metcalf. He listed his cell phone on the rental website which I thought was strange to book reservations through. My wife and I are big Kona fans and although the Internet reviews were scary I liked the pictures and price. This was the BIGGEST FREAKING DUMP in all of Hawaii. Worse than a hostel or a Super 8! Filthy dirty totally unprofessional front desk staff that looked like they were homeless and acted like ghetto surf rats. No concept of customer service. Do yourself a favor and RUN from ever staying at the run down islander Inn. You would be happier camping. Ended up moving to Courtyard down the street. Only $65 more per night and TEN times better!!!

ISLANDER INN IS A *** PLACE TO STAY...BAD SERVICE, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT...LOCAL NEWSPAPER SAYS %69 FOR 2 OR MORE NIGHTS & THEY CHARGED US $79 FOR 4 DAYS...HAD TO CHANGE ROOMS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT CAUSE DOOR BROKE & GET THIS...2 SET OF TOWELS FOR 4 PEOPLE FOR 4 DAYS OR PAY $20...I GO WALMART MORE CHEAP...PLUS THEY SCREWED UP ALL OUR ROOMS...ASKED FOR 2 BEDS IN EACH & GOT 1....WTH....NO CLASS...***...NEVA STAY THERE AGAIN & TOLD EVERYBODY I KNOW WAT A DUMP IT WAS....DISGUSTING...

I HAVE ACOMPLAINT AGAINST THE KAILUA KONA ISLANDER INN FOR ON THE HOUSKEEPING HAD HIRED A FEMALE WHO IS KNOWN TO BE A BIG THIEF I HAD NOTIFIRD THE FRONT DESK THE PERSON I SPOKE TO. HER NAME IS ANNA, I TRYED TO TELL THEM DAT THIS PERSON HAS A PRBLEM DUE TO SHE HAS STOLEN FROM MY FAMILY .

ALL I GOT WAS A NEGATIVELY RESPONSE I WOULD BE MORE GRATEFULL IF THIS MATTER WILL BE LOOK INTO THE STAFF MEMMBER HANG UP ON ME. N SAID I WAS BEING A CHILD PEASE E MAIL ME FOR FURTHURE INFO....

Thanks for the warning about Hawaii Resort Managment and the dump that is the kona islander inn. Stayed here last year.

Hoping they got better. Obviously not.

I am an owner of a condo at the Kona Islander Inn and my unit is not a dump. The major problem is that people who have a problem with the rental units that are "dumps" do not go back to the desk and demand a room that is clean and updated.

These units are owned individually and some people rent dumps to visitors and many of us do not rent dumps. :sigh

I also had the extreme misfortune of booking this run down dump online. The worst experience ever in HI.

The place is horrible. Filthy run down rooms. We looked at three all terrible and they refused any refund before check in. Beware of this Hawaii Resort Management outfit.

If this is an indication of their properties be very afraid. The place should be condemned. Nice grounds but you can't sleep outside.

And if you do the homeless criminal element out the front gate will keep you up. NOT the Hawaii experience anyone would want no matter the price...

View more comments (4)
ID
Elk Grove, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article