Komodo and Bali Tours Rip Off and Terrible Service

Myhusband and I booked through Komodotours and Peter Paka in late 2013. First I noticed that Peter was slow responding to my email correspondence repeatedly leaving questions unanswered. . I requested a 12 day tour to Lombok, the Gilis, Flores Rinca and Komodo with boat charter 2 nights. I specified ensuite accommodation and airconditioning where possible. He informed me first that there were no boats between Lombok and Flores and we had to fly back to Denpasar to get to Flores. He took a month to send quotes and a picture of the boat. I then asked for an itinerary and after about 40 requests he sent me a fragmented emails with pieces of itinerary .This constantly changed. He asked for money by bank transfer He by now apparently has no credit card facilities I was getting a bit worried about this man so asked for his IATA number. He emailed he was not a member but quoted 3 other Travel Associations he belonged to. After this I decided to send sufficient money for airfares and told him I would pay the balance on arrival in Bali. I did this on 23rd December. He said he would check on 9th January how much had arrived , and then book There was no rational explanation for the delay. it took 6-7 requests before he emailed me one e-ticket of the four.. From then on I had about 40 emails to and from him with queries only partly answered, Then he said we could boat from Lombok to Flores [after saying not] He then gave me some more fragments of an itinerary with changes and said we could not boat between islands and must fly. I repeatedly asked for the remaining e-tickets. He sent the Maumere - Denpasar ticket for my husband [not me] and in the wrong Christian name. I asked repeatedly and over weeks got my own ticket. At the every end , around 8th February, I asked that he give us the full itinerary. When he did was a jumble with repeated dates and itineraries, and days missing and included Sambawa, which we had not requested. Well he did meet us at the airport [ for more money]. We paid him the balance of $A2284 and he receipted this and gave us our contact for Lombok.. We arrived in Lombok and Jun , the guide met us and we commenced our itinerary after Jun had amended it. Hewasa good man and tried hard to please us.After 3 days Jun began telling us that Peter had not sent the money for our trip. He was constantly ringing Peter and being promised it was coming later that day or tomorrow. It was never there, Eventually he found Peter's phone was cut off [he later discovered he was barred]. He then rang a friend in Bali to call and Peter had moved. He then rang a debt collector who found Peter and got half the money due and promises of more . When we first arrived he had told us he had only an hour's notice that we were coming [after 4 months]. Peter had not made any bookings for us.He also told us that his localboss had told him that if he accepted the contract it was on his own head as Peter was known not to pay. We were continualy stressed by our guide's anxieties, and when he could not contact Peter, he went white and broke out in a sweat. Eventually, during our travel in Lombok, Peter sent the e-tickets across to Flores. Both the guide and I had sent several emails or phone calls daily asking. Peter had said he would meet us in Denpasar whenwe went through en route to Flores, but did not turn up. I rang him and he said he had sent someone else. They did not arrive,however he gave me the contact in Labuan Bajo,- Donatus. We arrived in Labuan Bajo and Don met us. He took us straight to a small boat which was not the boat in Peter's photos. The cabin I had had no floor space at all, and in my 70s I had to step up on a water container improvising for a step, and crawl onto the bed which filled the whole cabin. There were no curtains to the window and crew walking by . Our guide on the boat, Beni, did everything possible to help. He said it was a backpacker's boat [cheap]. It had no refrigeration or shower,nor milk for our tea and coffee.,so we were worried about food poisoning, as the ice ran out overnight.It was however, quite clean as were the crew . I did not see any life jackests nor adinghy which Peter promised.We has fish and chicken the first night and Tofu the 2nd day.They tried to catch fish for our 2nd dinner but failed. Their noodle and rice dishes were delicious. We had some lovely snorkelling around Komodo and Rinca.. About the 2nd day Don started to say Peter had not sent our money and he had no resources to pay our expenses. At every town he was checking at the ATM to see if promised money had arrived..It never did. Don was ringing ahead to friends to borrow money and told us he had emptied his wife's account. We would have had a lovely trip if it were not for his anguish. We tipped Don well before we left but did not feel we could pay over again. If I returned I would go straight to Don or Junwho would do our tour for much less than Peter Paka charged. They are honest men. Some usefulcontacts are junrepatours@***.com benikomodo@***.com donato.matur@***.com Peter Pa a is an insincere liar and a cheat who cares only for himself. Every time I phoned him or emailed him he had another excuse, eg he was busy transferring of a body from one island or another, or he was washing the body, then next he had a car accident He eventually paid our guides after we had returned home and I threatened the police.
ID
Brisbane, Queensland
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article