Verified Reviewer

Terrible Business ethics

Called Klimaire and spoke to Daniel Tucker regarding my remote control which no longer worked for my AC unit purchased in 2009.I was told they no longer make the remote control and that they could sell me a Universal remote control which no studies had been done, so they didn't know if it would work on my unit, I told him I would purchase it via credit card at a cost of $45.00 but wanted it confirmed by return email, that if it didn't work on my unit, that they would take it back and credit my credit card the $45.00, He said they don't take returns. At that point I asked to speak with his boss who he said was James. He said he was on a conference call, so I asked him to have James to call me when he was done. I received a call back from a young man who was supposedly named Alex, who sounded to me like it was it Daniel who said James was still tied up. Alex/Daniel reiterated what Daniel said the company policy was they don't take back items or provide free parts. I said I never requested free parts and then the Alex/Daniel voice said, I heard in the background when you speaking with Daniel, that you requested I wanted it for free! I said to him I never asked for it for free, I just wanted a guarantee, that I get my money back if the universal remote didn't work on my unit. Daniel/Alex said the same thing he said earlier that they don't accept returns. I purchased $5000.00 in AC units from them in 2009 and their remote control no longer works, and they would not guarantee me a credit for the replacement control at a cost of $45,00 if it didn't work, I've been the President of a Corporation for almost 40 years and have never seen a company with worldwide sales treat a customer the way they treated me.

User's recommendation: Ignore there website, when they state, that they stand by there products. They wouldn't even stand by a $45.00 remote control! Absolutely never do business with this company.

ID
#2098745 Review #2098745 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Doral, Florida
Service
Klimaire Customer Care
Pros
  • Non
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article