No complaint - perfect kitchen remodeling

Was very pleased with the kitchen job Klein Kitchen and Bath did for me. They were very understanding of my budget and needs and we worked out a great design me. It was a pleasure to deal with professionals who want to do whats good for you instead of insisting you do what they like! They took care of the kitchen plumbing, electricity as well as the cabinets, countertops and accessories. It was an all complete from start to finish and I am thrilled with the outcome. I hope to use this company again in the near future for other home renovations and would definitely recommend them to others.
ID
Manhattan, New York

Klein negligence and substandard work

I have never written or posted reviews but feel compelled to warn everyone about this "design and home improvement contracting" business, also known as Klein Kitchen and Bath. My two word description of the work done by Klein/Upper East Side K&B is "negligence" and "substandard." Their only project manager is abusive and incompetent. He was rarely at the job site and never did what he promised. I had to call the cops to get him to leave my apartment after he repeatedly insulted us and refused to leave after I repeatedly told him to. Klein Kitchen and Bath / Upper East Side Kitchen and Bath ruined our new kitchen cabinets by using the wrong tools so there are rough edges, exposed nails, and bad cuts throughout, not measuring correctly and leaving holes throughout, they could not figure out how to make anything flush, they put cheap valves in for the new sink plumbing that resulted in water damage to the cabinets, they did not protect the job site so that our new floor tiles and new counter top are scratched, and they abandoned the job when we repeatedly called their attention to all the examples of their negligence and substandard work.

All BEWARE. They are still at it today in 2014.

We just got conned by Klein Kitchen and Bath. They are criminal and we are seeking criminal action with the New York City District Attorney, Cyrus Vance as we speak. We have enough evidence that warrants criminal charges.

Any work they actually did was not to code and has to be completely redone. The electric was so poorly done and not to code that a fire broke out.

Luckily everyone was ok and it was put out. We paid top dollar for custom cabinets and standard Home Depot cabinets were supplied. You would think they would have a little pride in their work.

All they want and care about is making another dollar and finding ways to make you do more work that is not necessary and then they execute it negligently.

I wanted to let all know that we need to stop this company and it's representatives from hurting any other family.

#1932671
@PissedConsumer815516

Can you elaborate on this and the status? We are considering hiring them.

I dont really understand what these comments are all about - just had a project done by Kleins and they were great! Nice designer - great contractors and work carried out to satisfaction.

They worked according to schedule and no extras excpet for the upgrade I wanted on the counter tops.

I think you either had a bad luck fluke or you are making a fuss over nothing. I was really happy in general :) and am happy to leave good reviews- everyone is invited to see my new kitchen!

@PissedConsumer616037

Thank you.. would love to see it.. :grin

I never had the 'pleasure' of a Klein Kitchen or bath but I do know that:

Upper East Side Kitchen and Bath Corp listed their address at the 78 Street location months in advance while New York Kitchen and Bath Corp (NYKB) 2nd location was ensconced in that space

For a brief moment in time, Adam Desiderio-Ankoury was President of Klein, he was working as project manager at NYKB located at 25th St

Adam's Salesman Lic is tethered to Decorfin USA (a Klein business)

we too had a very difficult time working with Klein K&B...recommendation is to avoid them

Klein Kitchen and Bath on 2nd ave between 78th and 79th, formerly known as New York Kitchen and Bath, should be avoided. The owner, Adam Desiderio, will first appear to be a genuine individual who cares about your project, but after you sign the contract, his demeanor with completely change, and you will meet his other personality which is your stereotypical contractor who is out for one thing, MONEY!

During my project, which included a full kitchen renovation, fully bathroom renovation, and several other items, he was nothing but difficult to deal with. He blatantly lied about many issues regarding the project, and forced us into multiple change-orders which basically doubled the cost of the renovations. He also worked with suppliers behind our back to rip us off on multiple occasions, including on tiles, granite, and the kitchen cabinetry. He pressured us into several situations that I did not want to get into, as well as threatening to walk off the job site multiple times which would have left my apartment in ruins.

In addition, the contractors that he used were all sub-standard, and needed to be micromanaged. At every point in the project, they were out to get more money.

I gave Adam and his verbally abusive and very unprofessional project manager several opportunities to complete the project, but they again demanded more money and concessions on our end. Apparently there is another part-owner of the business, Eric Klein, but he obviously does not mind his name being thrown under the bus by myself and all of the other dissatisfied customers above.

I would strongly urge you to pass on using this business or ever getting into an agreement with Adam Desiderio. He is as close to a criminal and a crook that I have even come into contact with. The city needs to investigate this establishment and shut them down. They should not be allowed to treat myself or any other residents of our city like this.

@PissedConsumer394437

I am in the midst of renovating and am having a similar experience of overpricing and increasing costs left and right. Is there a way to get out of the contract while still getting part of the deposit back?

@PissedConsumer394437

I hear you! We just got scammed and it's 2014.

Everything you wrote is true and we had almost the exact same experience.

They ripped us off every step of the way and abandoned the job when we confronted them.

Kelin Kitchen and Bath MUST be avoided by everyone.

yes, worst scam ever...glad to see there's now some helpful info that will hopefully prevent others from begin scammed.

View more comments (17)
ID
Leesburg, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article