A few years ago I had an account with Kingston. We used their storage products for years. My contacts were Sandy fijiwara Anne *** Diana Kong and Carlos in shipping. After years of patronage, i noti

Kingston Technology 17600 newhope street fountain valley ca 92708 7**-**5-2600 sales@***.com Carlos, Sandy fijiwara Anne *** Diana Kong RoseMary Richards Rafe Swartz Christine Renee Knight hoffman Henry Jerez Taylor Miles A few years ago I had an account with Kingston. We used their storage products for years. My contacts were Sandy fijiwara Anne *** Diana Kong and Carlos in shipping. After years of patronage, I noticed strange charges on my cards. The business cards I used with kingston. Nearly 9,000.00 was charged. I immediately called Ann *** who promised to get "higher ups" involved Sandy fijiwara and Diana Kong. After two days, no one called back. I was directed to carlos in the shipping dept. He too gave me the run around. I could see they were all involved. I had also called the credit card security who asked if I knew the following businesses: This company refused to help me find out why my account was used to send other people equipment. In the end, they claimed it was a clerical error and they closed my account making me the villain. Henry Jerez East Elmhurst, NY Taylor Miles Laguna Beach, Ca 92651 Christine Renee Knight Hoffman Maricopa Arizona Rosemary Richards Athens GA 30606 Rafe Swartz Eugene OR
ID
Service
Kingston Technology Customer Care

Kingston HyperX SSD Defective

I purchased a new Kingston HyperX 240G back in August of 2013 and it went bad about a week and a half ago. They wanted to charge me $230 hold on my credit card to ship me another one, no way I said what are the other options to get the drive quick. They told me that I could pay to overnight the drive and they would send me out another drive. I needed the drive quick so i shipped the drive overnight. Guess what, they sent me a drive that was defective, the box was not even sealed. Now they want to go back to the $230 charge/hold on my credit card to ship another drive to me. They said that they sent me a new drive, but in my mind the new drive would have been in a sealed package. I honestly think they sent me a returned item that they didn't check. I don't know that for sure but that's my honest opinion. I don't see why i should have to have a charge/hold put on my credit card or have to pay return shipping again. If that's the case i might as well just go out and buy a new drive. I'm already out the cost to overnight the original defective SSD drive. I am not at all happy with the way they are treating me. I have been a long time Kingston customer, but if this is the way they now treat their customers, never again. When a customer is done wrong they should try to help correct the issue, i asked them to ship the drive with return shipping so i didn't have any other out of pocket expense and that the is shipped immeaditly so my computer can be up and running, but no way, they dont seem to worry about the customer and how long they are down. I hope this gets across to many people and they realize that this is no way to treat customers.

why dont you stop and read it very slow so that maybe you can understand what was said. No use in sugar coating what they did, unless you are working for them.

They wanted to put a hold for almost $40 more than what i paid retail, so i overnight-ed the drive back to them and they sent another defective drive. I said screw it after that, through the drive in a desk drawer and bought a new intel drive that works like a charm.

I will never buy kingston again as they did me wrong.

You should have taken the $230 offer. This is how it works.

The $230 is held as a collateral only. This means that they would have shipped you out the replacement drive right away and then you would send in your defective drive, shortly there after. But in the event that you did not return it then yes, your credit card would have been charged.

I think you failed to fully explain that and made it sound like you were being ripped off. As to the replacement drive not working, I have no comment on that.

View more comments (1)
ID
San Jose, California
Loss

About

Kingston Technology Warranty
To read more: https://www.kingston.com/en/company/warranty
Kingston Technology Privacy Policy
Trust Kingston for all The Customer's server memory needs. Company's experts know how important it is to keep The User's business up and running with the ultra-reliable memory that The Client need and the service to guide The User of company services A lifetime warranty. Just three of the many reasons to choose Kingston memory for The User's desktop or notebook. Revive The Client's computer with improved speed, performance and reliability over traditional hard drives. Extend the lifecycle and dramatically improve the performance of PCs for a lower TCO with SSDNow drives designed for business. Personal DataTraveler Flash drives offer capacities up to 2TB and a wide variety of features. Store and transfer photos, music, videos and files with legendary Kingston reliability. Designed to protect data that requires airtight security, these drives help The User of company services meet specific agency directives like TAA and FIPS compliance and are ideal for Government or Corporate use.
To read more: https://www.kingston.com/en/company/privacy
Top Kingston Technology Services

Customer Care

Top Kingston Technology Products

Microdata Memory Card, Flash Drive, Microsd Memory Card

Related Companies

HyperX, IronKey

Summary

Kingston Technology Corporation is a privately held company which specializes in development, manufacturing, and distribution of computer-related memory products. It was founded by John Tu and David Sun in 1987. The headquarters is based in Fountain Valley, California, United States. Its manufacturing facilities are located in the United States, China, Taiwan, and United Kingdom. Kingston Technology offers the following products: solid-state drives, encrypted usb flash, microsd cards, compactflash cards, and digital audio players. It also provides eMMC, MCP, DRAM components, and mSATA embedded products. Customers can get lifetime guarantee with free technical support for most items. Kingston Technology got Diverse Supplier Award for Best Overall Performance from Dell.

Kingston Technology reviews and complaints

Kingston Technology is ranked 399 out of 843 in Gadgets and Accessories category

Edit Description

Brands Related to Kingston Technology

logo

IronKey

0 Reviews
logo

HyperX

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article