Kings Cleaners ruined my coat.

I paid 20$ for King Cleaner to dry clean my brand new 200$ wool coat. When I picked it up 3 weeks ago, the coat had been shrunk and the wool was matted. I immediately brought it up to them and polietly asked for a refund for the coat. They have a refund policy however they are not abiding by it. A woman who just happened to walk in behind me also had the same problem with her coat. Since then they have kept my coat trying to contact the store from which I bought it. They blame the material, taking no responsibility for my coat shrinking. They have repeatedly lied to me (they say they are going to refund me, the next time i come in they refuse to). I have been going there everyday for 3 weeks trying to at least be refunded for the actual 20$ drycleaning. They are even refusing to do that. They claim to have provided a service, when in fact all they have done for me is given me a headache. They have ignored my concerns and at times are very rude in dealing with me. We have been going to them for years, but they have recently gone under new management. I fear they are doing this to other peoples items, as was the case with the lady behind me in line whose coat was also ruined. They refuse to do anything! I regret ever taking my coat there and want to warn others against doing so! Im wondering what I can do in this situation?? Currently, I am more upset with the poor customer service then I am at the fact they ruined my coat.

If the cleaner is a member of IFI (www.ifi.org) or NCA (www.nca-i.com), you could have an independant analysis done to determine in the garment failed due to a manufacture's flaw, a consumer's error, or the drycleaner's fault.

ID
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Loss

About

Summary

King Garment Care is a company that provides multi-process dry cleaning services. They take care about customers garments and manage to remove even “impossible” stains. Company deals not only with everyday clothes, Kings Cleaners can take care about shirts, bridal gowns, evening wear, leather and furs, furnishing. Company also provides restoration, alterations and repair services.
King Garment Care takes care about every item, inspecting each garment, cleaning it and makes everything in time. Kings Cleaners provide customers with tailoring service in order to make clothes fit you perfect. Customers are served like queens and kings. Company has over 40 years of experience.

Kings Cleaners reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article