Kimberly Park scam

I rented a apartment from kimberly park for 4yrs.I lived in apt-308 for 3yrs.andapt-118 for 1year.They not only kept my deposit for the first unit,but they added a lot of frivolous charges stating that they had to replace the carpet ect.The carpet was old and needed replaced before I moved in the first unit(308).Now they're trying to do the same thing after I moved from apt-118.Instead of sending me my refund,they sent me a letter stating that were keeping my deposit and charging me for new carpet due to nicotine odor!?I smoke,but I have witnesses who can attest that I never smoked inside the apartment!The bill they sent me is over 1,000.00 dollars!This is the ONLY place I have ever lived to try to pull something like this!This is also the only place I've lived that allows pets!They have the nerve to charge me for NEW carpet!?I have witnesses,both former/present of people who lived/live there who have been ripped off by this scam. Anyone who intends to rent from Kimberly park should document the condition of the apartment very carefully and make sure they document their"walk-thru" form completely.Or they will charge you for damage that not recorded on that form regardless if it was there before you moved in.

thank you, my walk-through is tomorrow--they wanted it to be the day of my move in and I refused. Now, I'm concerned.

ID
Cleveland, Ohio
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article