San Diego Kids Party Rentals

Relentless, rude and did not fulfill what was promised. I booked two characters for my son's bday party two months in advance, I did not have the exact time, Jana stated that we would finalize this closer to the date as I was the only one booked. Three weeks prior to the event, my husband and I both called multiple times to go over the itinerary of the event and time. She informed me that the time could not be changed..... So, I had to change my invite that was sent out to accommodate when they could come. That was the first problem. We also wanted to discuss the plan for the party, however she said that the actors would call us the day before. We clearly stated that we wanted to speak to them prior so that we could go over the details. She agreed, needless to say no call. I called the week of the party again and was assured someone would call me back - no call. The party was on a Saturday and Friday we were taking my son to Disneyland. I called on Wednesday and told Jana this and said that I really needed a call by Thursday night so I didn't have to worry about the details while at Disneyland. This did not happen. In the morning on the way up to Disneyland, I received a call from the actor, who explained what he would be doing. He informed us that one of the characters did not speak due to the type of costume. We were not informed of this prior. We decided to cancel the character who did not speak, I phoned the office and spoke to the staff who assured me that it would be fine to cancel and I would receive my money back for that character. She later called back and denied stating this, and said she spoke to Jana who said she could not refund the money a day before the event because she had to pay the actor. Plainly, I was promised a refund by a staff person and it was overruled by Jana. My husband and I both confirmed the refund. Well, as you can see I had been trying to gather the info weeks before when we could have figured this out in advance. Jana phoned me while I was at Disneyland and was not accommodating, she spoke very rudely and plainly did not have any interest in coming to an agreement. She stated she was correct and continued to make sure I knew she was right despite the fact I did not want to be discussing this while we were enjoying my son's bday. Repeatedly, I said that she had the opportunity to come to an agreement and I wanted to go on with our day. She did not take the opportunity. She was relentless and tainted the day. To save further aggravation I told her I would go ahead with the two actors and would be sharing this frustrating story to save others the trouble. The actors showed up on time, carried out the activities and put in a wholehearted effort. I believe a company/person should be able to use reason, clearly she did not. She was more interested in collecting the money for this one event, in the meantime she lost all the other future opportunities and recommendations. This event was a month ago, I gave myself time to gain perspective, I still feel the same way.
ID
San Diego, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article