Kid Care Pediatrics doesn't care, Keller TX

Having recently been medically discharged from the Army we had to switch the kids health insurance to Unicare, the PPO offered by my husband's new employer. I selected a pediatrician Dr. Leffel from Kid Care Pediatrics in Keller, tx. (817) 337-**** Our son did his well check up and I got a list of child and adolescent Psychiatrists to schedule an appointment to continue with his medication, Strattera, for the management of ADHD. The earliest appointment from any doctor is 20 May. That leaves my son without medication for almost 30 days. Dr. Leffell told her nurse that she doesn't prescribe Strattera because she does not know enough about it. They would not prescribe our son enough pills to get him through until his appointment. His old Psychiatrist will not prescribe because his chart is now closed and it has been longer than 30 days. Kid Care Pediatrics does NOT CARE that my son will be without medicine and did not offer any alternatives or any kind of help at all. Parents beware!!!! I am sooo Pissed!!!!

We have been patients of Kid Care Pediatrics for 8 years and have nothing but the highest of praise for Dr. Leffell. She is an outstanding doctor who provides the most careful, personalized care for our daughter who has several health issues and our son who doesn't. She is always familiar with all of our children's history when they come in for a visit. She knows them by name and remembers everything about the care they have received in the past. She talks to them sweetly and directly. She is also VERY CAUTIOUS about every bit of advice, care and medication that she gives. She keeps up with the latest medical studies and will not do anything that she is not absolutely sure about. How could we ask for anything more!!??!!

She wouldn't prescribe a medication for your child that she is unfamiliar with?? What a crime! Are you kidding me?? That is called responsible care! Not to mention that your child was a new patient to her practice... AND the medication is a controlled substance. And you're ANGRY? That would be the test that proved to me that she is a thorough and RESPONSIBLE doctor who takes her practice seriously!

Dr. Leffel is absolutely the best doctor we have ever seen. I trust her implicitly, because of the responsibility she takes and the care she gives to our children. She is also very careful about what she prescribes and considers the cost to our budget-conscious family. She also doesn't do procedures or tests without finding out up front what the cost will be to us, so she can advise us fully on a course of treatment.

We will follow Dr. Leffel to the ends of the earth!

#202548

I am very unhappy with this office. I have had several problems with the staff there.

The office staff is very rude and the head nurse "Laura" is very rude as well. I feel that they are all about money and do not truly care about the kids. I took my baby in 4 times within 2 weeks because she would not sleep and screamed in pain. They told me it was colic.

After about a month, she was diagnosed with Acid Reflux. I let that go, and decided not to get too upset. A few months later, I take my daughter back and they told me she had a virus. I wanted her rechecked and Laura told me I had no idea what the difference was between a viral and bacterial infection.

She talked down to me and told me I had no clue what I was talking about. My baby ended up having a sinus infection after I demanded lab work. The final straw was when my 1 year old was running a fever, I called around 3:00 in the afternoon to get her seen and was told I needed to take her to urgent care because they were about to close (2 hours later). I ended up calling another office that has never seen my child and they said to come right up.

I feel that it is pretty sad that my daughters own pediatrics office could not see her but another doctor office (where she was a new patient) would take her in. She ended up having an ear infection and running a temp of 103.

I have never dealt with such unfriendly and unprofessional staff. I would not recommend this place.

#202547

:grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Disagree with all the negative comments. Everyone is caring & friendly.

Take the time to explain benefit details so as a parent you will not get stuck with a huge balance.

People need to understand you will not get everything your way. Have you ever heard of people being so needy.

I have been taking my kids to Kid Care Pediatrics for 10 years now. They are excellent physicians, nurses are very professional and courteous. I haven't had any problems with their care and services.

I too worked for Kid Care and I cant believe you cant see one MD and develop a relationship. I think good medicine is keeping a continuum of care.

I also cant believe that educated nurses are not allowed to give patients advise or help problem solve. :(

I think Kid Care Pediatrics is wonderful! I am sorry to see all of the negative and upset people.

I wish all of the patients who are happy would make more comments! We have been going to the office for 5 years. We always receive quality care and love the fact that we can be seen for sick visits on the same day. They have several providers but if I have a preference I can always request to see that provider and they can usually work with me.

My son has asthma and they are very good at making sure we have the medication that he needs. We have always received very good care from all of the providers that we see. The office is busy during the winter months but the staff remains friendly and they always address any concerns we have. They have two locations which makes it easier to get your sick little ones in!

We love this office and would HIGHLY recommend the office and providers to anyone! 8)

We have gone to Kid Care for 6 years. We recently refused/declined ONE vaccination, & we were sent a curt letter stating they will no longer provide medical care for my 4 children.

No phone call, nothing. Yes, I do believe they are all about money. Their Keller office is completely out of control - heavens, you can't even see the same doctor twice. And correct information above - there are so many doctors and NP now, you can't even keep everyone straight.

I guess him releasing my kids as patients is a blessing in disguise. :)

I've never had a problem with Kidcare, nor faced any unnecessary procedures. If anything I kind of wish they were more thorough. My only problem so far was just now when I tried making an appointment to have my daughter's tongue looked at as she bit it really bad this morning and they put me on hold, then patched me to the nurse's answering machine without letting me know that was the intention.

:( STAY AWAY FROM KIDCARE!! I used to work there and used to take my kids there.

I loved them at first, but once you get past all the smoke and mirrors, you see that the clinic is all about the $$ and not the kids! It's like herding cattle in there! They put a patient every 15 mins. and are ALWAYS running behind.

They do a lot of unnecessary procedures just to get your $$, and if your insurance doesn't cover it, then YOU have to pay! If you argue or question their practices at all you get a letter dismissing you from their practice. God forbid anyone question the all knowing Dr. Gomez!!

They have buildings large enough to hold 4 docs comfortably, but now have 12 physicians in these clinics. Granted, they are not all there at all times, but there is way too many in there t one time. They treat their employees horrific, but the most disturbing is their stronger desire for more money and not the best welfare for the kids. Some might say that I am a disgruntled employee, but I'm really not.

I took a leave of absence and know for a fact that KC would hire me back today if I applied. I am just on a mission to warn other parents so they don't have to go through a lot of the terrible and expensive things I have seen in the past.

View more comments (11)
ID
Killeen, Texas

About

Summary

Kid Care Pediatrics was founded in October 2001. It was established by Omar A. Gomez, M.D. The practice philosophy at Kid Care Pediatrics is to provide quality pediatric medical care for children in a professional yet caring manner. Kid Care Pediatrics is a Mom and Pop operation in which the doctors and the pediatrics staff combine personal touch with the medical expertise necessary to care for a full range of medical needs, including sick visits and follow-up care, well-child check-ups, immunizations and newborn hospital admissions after delivery. Kid Care Pediatrics Physicians are on the following insurance plans at the present time: Aetna, Assurant, Beechstreet, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HMO Blue, Choice Care, Cigna, First Health, Great West, Health Smart, HealthNET, GPA, Humana, etc. Kid Care Pediatrics is based in Keller, Texas.

Kid Care Pediatrics reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article