Different pricing for service at 2 local KIA dealerships

I purchased a Kia Sportage at a dealership in West Chester, PA so have taken my vehicle there for most of my services; they have always added a "labor charge" in addition to all other charges on the final bill and I assumed this was normal. A recent replacement of 2 rear brakes resulted in a charge of $269 and a labor charge of $220. I have recently been going to a Kia dealership in Wilmington, Delaware as I live there now; it is more convenient and the employees are very nice. I had not noticed the absence of "labor" charges on my oil changes, etc. I recently had them replace the 2 front brakes and this resulted in a $269 charge and NO labor charge. I double checked with the service technician who schedules the appointments and she confirmed they DO NOT add additional "labor" charges at this location and she had no idea it was allowable at other dealerships. Obviously, the dealership in PA has been ripping me off all these years with the "labor" charges. Does anyone know if charging "labor" fees in addition to the standardized fees is acceptable and legal? How is it possible that one dealership abides by the standard fees assessed by KIA and another dealership does not?
ID
Wilmington, Delaware
Service
Kia Of Wilmington Part Replacement

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article