KIA OF SOUTH AUSTIN’S VERY DISTRESSING TIRE SALE TO ME

Update by user Jun 11, 2018

Well, it is JUNE 11th. So.....nothing in the way of the refund check for the TWO warrenteed tires——-still.

Original review posted by user May 11, 2018
April 12, 2018: Went to Service Center and was mostly dealt with by “John”. --The service manager (not John) at that time pointed out to me that my tire treads were worn down to the indicators between the treads. (This was after I had been driving on them without incident for over 55,000 miles—which is indicative of my NOT running over curbs or crashing through pot holes, etc.) I also had a good deal of other service work done during this appointment and had to wait 5 HOURS for it to be completed. This necessitated my canceling an important rehearsal in Buda. The manager convinced me to buy the new tires because KIA, itself, was having a sale on tires. The NEXT DAY, after driving from the Service Center back to San Marcos and then out into the hills to my home, I went to a medical appointment in New Braunfels (20 miles south of my home town on IH35) and then back to a Storage Unit in San Marcos. All this travel was done at highway speeds. At the Storage Unit, Jackie (my companion) noticed a LARGE bubble on the driver’s side front tire’s outer sidewall. I called KIA of South Austin and spoke with John. He directed me to go to a “Good Year or Discount Tire” shop and get it replaced and to have them call KIA of South Austin to arrange for payment based on the 2-year warranty that came with the new tires. I went to a Good Year dealer (San Marcos Tire and Tech LLC) which was the nearest tire sales/mounting shop. They refused to “call KIA of South Austin”. So I called back and was told to pay for the change-out of the bad tire and that KIA of South Austin would honor the warrantee if I BROUGHT THE FAULTY TIRE ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP ALONG WITH MY RECEIPT FOR REIMBURSEMENT. While I was IN the shop arranging this, the tire went flat. I felt very fortunate that this had not happened while I was driving at highway speeds along IH35. When the tire had been changed, the proprietor showed me the tear in the rim/beading and said that the tear and bubble were a result of faulty installation of the tire. I called back and informed John, who agreed that it sounded as though installation had not been done properly. He said he would report this to the Service Manager. Since it is a 45 minute drive from my home to the KIA of South Austin dealership, I held off coming north until I had another rehearsal scheduled in Buda. On April 25th, I was in San Marcos to get groceries and discovered that the rear passenger tire ALSO had developed a large bubble on it’s exterior sidewall. I called KIA and was again told to go get it taken care of at the nearest tire center and then to bring tire and receipt to KIA of South Austin for reimbursement on the warranty. By now, I am feeling very distressed about driving around on these tires. I went to Walmart, which was the nearest tire service, and I paid to have the 2nd faulty tire replaced. Again, the Service Manager at Walmart brought my attention to torn beading/rim—-and stated that this was the result of faulty installation. Ireturned to KIA of South Austin with both tires and my receipts on May 5th, 2018. There, I was “dealt with” by Cody. I was informed that I had WASTED TIME AND EXPENSE OF THE TRIP AND THE EFFORT OF BRINGING RECEIPTS AND TIRES SINCE KIA HAD NO INTENTION OF REIMBURSING ME. INSTEAD THEY EXAMINED THE TIRES AND TOLD ME TO CALL THE “TIRE SOURCE” FOR WARRANTY REIMBURSEMENT. I WAS ACCUSED OF DRIVING THROUGH POT HOLES OR HITTING CURBS DESPITE MY ASSURANCES THAT I DO NOT DO THAT AS WOULD BE INDICATED BY MY PREVIOUS SET OF TIRES (WHICH I SORELY REGRETTED REPLACING BY NOW). I requested that Cody take pictures of the tire damage on both tires and back me up by contacting the Tire Source in advance of my own doing so. He agreed tp to this, and when I called back later that afternoon, he said that his people were doing exactly that right then. When I called the Tire Source, I was informed that it was KIA of South Austin’s responsibility to honor the warranty and provide reimbursement since the Tire Source merely was a middleman who sold the tires to KIA. ALL OF THIS VERY INCONVENIENT, TIME CONSUMING AND EVEN EXPENSIVE ACTIVITY DEMANDED OF ME BY KIA OF SOUTH AUSTIN IS UNACCEPTABLE. So I called KIA of South Austin again and asked to speak with Steve Reddick, General Manager. Steve pushed me to make yet ANOTHER trip to South Austin to sit down and talk with him and Cody and John. I was told that the latter two were “telling a very different story” than my own recounting of my experiences. Since my companion, Dr. Jackie Fritts, heard the phone conversations and was with me for the first tire episode, he heard exchanges detailed in this explication. I had my phone on speaker with him beside me for the calls. At this very unpleasant meeting which my companion also attended, I was forced to endure negative implications about my honesty and had to repeat my explanation of what had transpired several times. They stonewalled until they realized we were not going away and that we felt constrained to threaten legal action. FINALLY, Steve said they would cut a check and over night it. I am now waiting to see if it comes. This is an accurate recounting of my very unsatisfactory dealings with KIA of South Austin to date as relates to all interactions since April 12, 2018.
ID
Austin, Texas
Service
Kia Of South Austin Car Part Replacement
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Purchasing a Certified Pre-owned Vehicle

I recently purchased the words of the South Austin Kia Car Dealership ... Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Kia Sportage. This vehicle is said to have met all inspections. Now I purchased the vehicle in March and this is October I have had to take car back 4 times for the same reasons. Now I did purchase additional warranty but I am still now not able to get a resolution from Kia nothing but bad, bad, bad, customer service and bad repair service knowledge. I have been told that the engine put inside the car is to small for the body, what is something a consumer would like to hear now, why was this not said when I purchased car. This Well as of today my car is still at Kia and I am in a Rental. Another bad company to deal with. What has happen to good customer service and what has happen to good honest salesmen. I know you have to make a sale but you still should have some kind of heart. When you sale a vehicle you what that vehicle is about. Now since my vehicle is a 2016 Kia or the Maker of vehicle is responsible.
ID
Austin, Texas
Product
2016 Kia Motors Sportage Car
Cons
  • Customer service repair service
Reason of review
Sales for selling me a lemon and repair service for pretending nothing wrong.
Loss
Preferred solution
This vehicle needs to be replaced. I have been told by one of repairman that the engine is to small for body of vehicle, well that is a manufacter issue that I do not want to deal with you sell this car to someone else,but as for Eleanor Mills I don't wa

About

Kia Of South Austin Privacy Policy
Once The Clientve saved some vehicles, The Client can view them here at any time. Use of this web site signifies The Client's acknowledgement and consent to this privacy policy. Please read this privacy policy carefully before using this web site. Company's dealership takes The Client's privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding The Customer's privacy online. Because Kia Of South Austin gather certain types of personal information from visitors to this web site (e.g. This Privacy Policy discloses the types of personal information Website gather, how it is used, and how The User of company services can gain access to and edit any data that The company has collected about The Client of Kia Of South Austin at any time. Kia Of South Austin's' dealership collects personal information online primarily to provide Company's visitors with a more relevant experience on this web site. When doing so, Kia Of South Austin will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data.
To read more: https://www.kiaofsouthaustin.com/privacy-policy/
Kia Of South Austin FAQ
To read more: https://www.kiaofsouthaustin.com/top-car-leasing-questions-answered/
Top Kia Of South Austin Services

Car Part Replacement

Kia Of South Austin Pros and Cons

Cons: Customer service repair service

Summary

Kia Of South Austin is a dealership in Austin, Texas offering brand new and used vehicles for sale. At Kia of South Austin, skilled technicians and sales associates serve customers across several regions including Round Rock, Leander, New Braunfels, and Pflugerville. New models of Kia in the showroom present a choice of Sedona, Optima, Soul, Forte, and Sorento. Service department conducts scheduled and urgent maintenance of cars of varied makes. Apart from vehicle repairs and collision center, Kia Of South Austin offers a wide stock of spare parts for sale.

Kia Of South Austin reviews and complaints

Kia Of South Austin is ranked 937 out of 4363 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article