Mars L Wby

INCOMPETENT service center at KIA DTLA

Be sure to read the countless negative reviews of KIA DTLA Service Center from various sources. Wish I had sooner. Wasted 2 days of my time and the Service Center did absolutely nothing on BOTH days to address the issue. Booked an appointment for Tueday morning with a VERY detailed description that the 12V battery of my PHEV could not hold a charge above 40% and showed a bad state of health when performing a battery test at home. Received a condescending call from Mike Avenecian (advisor) telling me that the reason my battery was not functioning was because I was using a faulty EV charger, and it was my fault. - My EV battery was never the issue, nor did I have issues charging. I did not need my EV battery charged, as i charge it at home with no issues. Had ANY of their staff read the reason I was taking my car in, they would have seen that the issue was the 12V battery (why a service center doesn't know the difference between EV battery and 12v battery is beyond me). I had even texted the technicians throughout the day to emphasize (again) that my 12V battery was the concern. When I came to pick up my car before closing, I waited nearly half an hour just to speak to Eric Espinoza (manager), who revealed that the 12V battery was NEVER checked the entire time my car was on their lot. Upon calling a technician to grab a battery tester, it was even more apparent that none of them knew what they were doing, and the 12V battery had not been tested the entire time my car was in their possession. None of them even knew where the 12V battery was located on my car, and I had to speak up to direct them to it. Eric instructed me to schedule another appointment (after wasting an entire day of my time) and guaranteed they would have my issue fixed. He gave me his card and told me to call him the next day that my car is in the shop so he could personally ensure the problem would be appropriately addressed. Took my car in again a day later and attempted to contact Eric while my car was in their shop since 7AM. After leaving NUMEROUS voicemail and being blatantly ignored, I decided to travel back to pick up my vehicle before the shop closed. When I arrived, again, nothing had been done to my car the entire day. They had finally decided to test my battery because I was already there to pick up my car. Upon FINALLY testing my battery, the state of health of my battery was 37% and couldn't hold a charge. Eric and the entire staff were zero help, and I'm still left with a faulty 12V battery. The paid KIA Connect app gives constant notifications that the battery is too low to even send commands to the car (rendering the subscription useless). If you want to waste your time with an unqualified service center and incompetent staff, you've found the right place. Definitely the last KIA we'd purchase because of Eric and Mike.
Cons:
  • Condescending personnel
  • Unqualified staff

Preferred solution: 2 days of my wasted time back and a new battery that is still under warranty.

User's recommendation: Avoid this location unless you're eager to get scammed. Go to a different location or avoid KIA overall

Resolved
Evan T Yvt

Resolved: No Service and Lying To My Face

Kia Downtown Los Angeles - No Service and Lying To My Face
Kia Downtown Los Angeles - No Service and Lying To My Face - Image 2
Updated by user Nov 16, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I received a call from the service manager who explained that Kia of DTLA had made a series of errors and they would be rectifying the issue.

I was told that parts would be ordered and work would be done to fix the problem. Questions remain but I prefer to allow them to make good on their promises and move forward.

Original review Nov 08, 2023
On two occasions now, the service assistant and service manager have lied to my face and not fixed problems. One issue involved fixing a tire pressure sensor, something easy and cheap. Rather than do the work, first I was told that my tire had a patch. It did not. Then I was told that my tire was leaking air. It was not, never had been. Then I was told that there was no sensor problem and nothing would be fixed. When the two front tires are both at the same PSI but only of them has a sensor calling for more air, the sensor is faulty. In April, DTLA Kia fixed my burned out phone charging pad in my three month old, new car. When installing this charging pad in the center console, their mechanic deeply scratched my center console buttons. The car now looks really used. I showed them pics of my console before they did the work. I sent these pics by text. They promised to order new center console buttons and replace them. Upon return, mechanic said he had never previously been in that area and therefore the scratch could not be his. But your work order clearly shows you replaced my charging pad so you are lying. Then the service manager told me that I was lying about when I took the photos that I sent to them proving when they scratched my car. But I included the "propreties" tab on the photo so it can be clearly seen when the pic was taken. Then the svc manager claimed that I had installed an after market camera and that camera installer scratched the center console. Only the camera was installed much later and receipts prove that. One story, one accusation after another in order to not do what they promised to do, fix their mistake. I was lied to on the phone and in person and when I pointed out that my facts were not refuted, the svc manager just looked at me stone faced as if I had said nothing. He never attempted to refute my facts, he claimed I was lying about them. So I asked why he hadn't looked at the pics showing the proof that I had sent? He didn't answer that either. He simply kept repeating his lie that his mechanic had never worked in that area when their own work order shows that they did. Who is running Kia DTLA and why are they allowing their staff to lie to their clients to not have to fix what they should? Do they think everyone is stupid? They kept my car for two weeks. When I picked up my car that was not fixed, they had disconnected my car camera power, taken out the SD card, and short-circuited the camera itself so it would no longer work. That was the last straw. First they told me that my camera was why they wouldn't fix my car and then they broke my property so I wouldn't record while my car was in their possession. Now I will take them to court and they can explain their actions to the judge. Their lies are beyond the pale. This company cost me thousands of dollars. Emilio, Arturo and the Svc Manager have no ethics.
Loss:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Service dept is run and overseen by clowns who lie for a living

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not expect truthful service from this band of jokers. They are clearly working in concert to not take care of their responsibilities.

Ana L S

Verified Reviewer

3 months haven't heard anything about my car and I'm paying a car that I don't even drive at the moment

Kia Downtown Los Angeles - 3 months haven't heard anything about my car and I'm paying a car that...
Kia Downtown Los Angeles - 3 months haven't heard anything about my car and I'm paying a... - Image 2
It's been 3 month now and I've been calling my mechanic his name is Manuel Villamontes and he hasn't responded to my called or text messages at this point im pissed off because Im paying for car that I don't have in my possession Plus I've been trying to get a hd of the manager and they seem to be very busy because they too haven't called me expected for one time but I was at work and wasn't able to answer called back after work and to my surprise no answer or call back at this point i just gave up and found this web site and hopefully you guys can called them on my behalf my phone is (503)902-**** and the name that the Kia of downtown Los Angeles has registered is my wife name Ana Sanchez
Loss:

Preferred solution: Have them resolved this issue and have them bring my car directly to my house because I live in Oregon and my car is in California

User's recommendation: Don't go near the Downtown Los Angeles Kia Service they suck

Guest

I have taken my Kia to DTLA Kia twice to be serviced. Both times, I encountered lies, trouble and a lack of responsibility.

The most recent time, they kept my car for two entire weeks, did nothing, claimed that my aftermarket camera was a reason that they could not and would not fix a huge scratch they did when replacing my phone charging pad that broke almost immediately after purchase. I put in the car camera AFTER they scratched my center console buttons. I proved it. I sent texts with dates and pictures but the mechanic and service manager lied to my face, repeatedly.

First they claimed that I had scratched the car myself. Then they claimed that my camera installer scratched the car. When I pointed out that the cameras was installed after they did their work, they said their mechanic had never worked in that area. Well, their own work bill disproves that lie.

They simply refused to fix the problem that they created by making up story after story and blaming me.

Now I will escalate the situation. Kia of DTLA is allowing managers to lie to clients and this must stop.

What kind of service are you?

Kia Downtown Los Angeles - What kind of service are you?
Kia Downtown Los Angeles - What kind of service are you? - Image 2
Dear KIA, What kind of service are you? A couple of months ago we started hearing strange noises, while breaking, beneath the driver seat in our car (kia Niro 2017). We took a car to your dealer KIA Downtown Los Angeles (Address: 1945 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90007) for check in. They hold it for two days (!) and after that returned it back to us and told us they did not find anything wrong with the car, that everything is fine. (I am attaching a copy of Inspection Invoice they gave me) The sound did not disappear. We took the car again to the dealer service center and took one of your workers on the ride with us. He heard the noise and told us this is totally fine, that is how it is supposed to be, and all the models of this car has that noise. So we had nothing to do but just continue driving a car with that. But after awhile it started to be really disturbing to drive it with that noise, as it was clearly CLEARLY a sound of some object going back and force while accelerating or braking. We started to think that might be a bolt or something like that. So we took a car for the third time to the service! And only then they told us that they had to take the front seat off and some panels to get inside the car. And inside they found a CHAPSTICK. Service explained that the chapstick might got inside the car through the AC hole under the front seat. They put the bill in front of me for $375 (!) and told us that this is not a warranty case. That this is an issue not related to the car, but an outside object. I totally disagree with that! What do you mean this is not an issue related to the car? Your car has *** in it where everything can go inside! I never heard anything like this! Am I supposed to carry inside the car only myself? This is ridiculous. This is clearly a manufacturing defect (maybe a flaw in design?). And it is not only about the money and time spent to fix that, this is about safety issue! What if it went under the breaking pedal? We could get into an accident, we could kill someone! And because of your service, you made us continue driving like this for three months! What if other objects will go in the same hole again? Am I not supposed to carry now anything inside? Am I supposed every time something goes inside go to the service and fix it for $400? I have complained to the dealer service that I am not going to pay for that as this is totally not my fault and the warranty should pay for that. But the workers of the dealer service couldn’t give me an answer, so the next day I called the number on the card at 9:50am but didn’t get a manager, only a reception lady again, I asked her when the manager is going to be and she told me that he is back and force between two places and she did not know when he will be back, so she took my name and phone number and ensured me that as soon as he will appear there he will give me a call. I waited till 12pm but still didn’t get any call back, I called them again and again at 3pm and than again at 4pm, all this times the reception was saying to me that “manager is not here” “manager is busy". When I came in one hour, guess what? The manager was not there! I had to deal with the guy named Peter, who did help me a lot, as he finally get in contact with the manager on the phone and after a long and nervous complaining they agreed to take the cost of the repair to $150, (invoice also included) and I was forced to pay that as I needed my car, and they wouldn’t release it. I am still convinced this is totally not our fault for the manufacturing defects that your car has, so I would like to get a refund for that! Had to mention also that we had to wait around an hour after that to get my car released as they simply couldn’t find it on the site! What an unprofessionalism! All this information I sent to their website complaint form. After two of no response (even e-mail confirmation wasn't worked!), I gave them a call and they told me in their company no one even looks at my mine complaint. I asked them to give me an official response to my complaint by e-mail and they told me, this is not their business to take care of that type of complaints. They just kicked me out! I strongly do not recommend to have any business with KIA at all. Terrible experience with the car and with the customer service.
Problems with payment
Guest

Your complaint is far too long to read in its entirety , but if it was your Chapstick, it was your fault...also, please remember that the stopping mechanism is properly spelled "brake" ; "break" means failure or time off from work and school.

jasmine h Pkk

NEW OWNER NOT HONORING LIFETIME FREE OIL CHANGES

Since the purchase of my vehicle, I have been getting my car serviced, timely, at the Kia Downtown Los Angeles Service Department. However, when I took my car in for a routine oil change this past Monday, April 30, 2018, the service representative informed me that my oil changes would no longer be free because the "new owner" claimed that it was not in his financial well-being to continue to honor this complimentary service. Furthermore, the sales representative stated that because the promotion was only a certificate provided at sale, and not outlined in vehicle owner's contract, the company did not have to honor it. Now I'm not an attorney, but I do understand liability and terms and conditions of contracts, so I'm not going to argue that point. However, in terms of CUSTOMER SERVICE, I am extremely disappointed with the service I received. I did NOT receive a courtesy call that the "Lifetime Free Oil Change" service that was promised with the purchase of my vehicle is VOID. Had I been made aware of this, I would not have taken my vehicle to Kia Downtown Los Angeles for service!!!! This location is not convenient for me to get to!!! Before the service representative informed me about this, he had suggested I get the recommended 30,000 Mile Maintenance, in which I had agreed to do that same day. After I learned that my oil changes would no longer be complimentary, I declined service! Not only will I not return to Kia Downtown Los Angeles Service Department, I will not be having my vehicle services and ANY Kia dealerships. I will not consider trading-in my car for a new Kia. I will not recommend Kia to anyone looking to purchase or lease a vehicle as well. This might not mean anything to you, as I am only one person. However, keep in mind, I only considered purchasing a Kia in the first place, because my mother has a Kia and was pleased with the vehicle and the service she received. I'm saying this to say, customer opinions, recommendations and complaints DO IMPACT YOUR BUSINESS!!!
Cons:
  • Poor service and poor quality
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Free Oil Changes as promised with vehicle purchase

Shatasha Ugs

Kia 2015 Review

We i received my renewal for registration the mileage was incorrect and the amount was high due to the mileage.
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article