SOLD A LEMON

I purchased a car from Kentucky Auto Sales and finance on 05/01/14. I paid 2,000 dollars down using my debit card (Pin was entered) and I also paid $594 dollars for full coverage insurance. They financed to my fiance and myself knowing we had florida identification (we reside in ky) and my id was a florida state id although my dl is valid. Their warranty says that it is for 90 days or 3,000 miles whichever comes first and that it covers 50% labor and 50% parts in the event of total engine or transmission failure. (On their website it simply says the warranty not what it covers) Not even two hours after I left the dealership the car blew on me. I notified them early the next morning verbally over the phone prior to business hours and arrived shortly after they opened the following morning. I provided them the key and they went to retrieve the vehicle.which they told me they would need to check out. They said it may just be the timing belt and they assured me that they would not screw me over. They even gave me a ride up the street to the mall so that I did not have to sit around and wait there which they advised I shouldn’t wait they would call me. I had to take a 44 dollar cab ride home after the car broke down and a 20 dollar cab ride back. I was trying to prevent having to take another cab if I didn’t need to. I contacted them a few minutes later and requested either a refund seeing as it hadn’t even been a full 24 hours or my money applied toward another vehicle being that my faith in the current vehicle was null and void. I even offered to put more money down. This is when the woman who answered informed me that they did not do refunds (I signed acknowleding this) and that they did not switch contracts. I inquired as to whether or not I would be charged for any repairs and she said verbatum “Well of course. We’re just honoring our warranty.” I informed her that this was not right as they led me to believe the vehicle was fine. This is when she said “What’s not right that we’re trying to help you fix yourrrrrrr car”. An hour and a half later I called back and was informed the car was there. My fiance requested someone to come get us and they said they would see what they could do and call us back. We walked the 30-45 minute walk back over to them from the mall and were informed that the engine did indeed blow. A rod broke off while we were driving and went into the oil pan. My fiance informed them he was not going to put his family (myself and our child) back in that car and explained we were on the interstate and very well could have died. They assured us they understood and that they did not think we would have to pay the 50% if anything at all. He explained that was neither here nor there that even if they paid it would be a used motor and he did not feel comfortable nor safe getting back into that car. The office manager called the owner who informed her even under the circumstances he would not change the contract. They informed us that they would need to find a motor and the vehicle would be fixed Tuesday 05/06/14. I contacted them 05/05/14 and they informed me that the vehicle would not be fixed tuesday as they could not find a motor. How am I suppose to make car payments without the car all of my money is being spent on cabs and we live in a small town only god knows when they would find a motor. I feel scammed, and taken advantage of . I was broken down on the side of Interstate 65 by mile marker 16 until 9 something at night with my six year old. The first thing they said to me when I called was to get it towed to them through my insurance. My insurance does not offer towing. This is why they went to get it. They knew in advance I am a single mother and needed a reliable car. The magnum was the nicest most updated car they could get me into within my down payment means. There has to be some type of law that I am protected within a certain time frame please HELP ME.

Actually this car was fixed by Ky auto sales and finance free of charge.

The Car is still running till this day. The customers car was fixed in one week. Although it was a bad situation for the engine to blow up on the interstate we resolved the issue as fast as we could free of charge.

A dodge dealer could not have fixed it in a week.

Again we are sorry this happened but we did the best we could do to fix the problem.

ID
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Loss

Kentucky Auto & Finance is a SCAM

I purchased a car from Kentucky Auto Sales and finance on 05/01/14. I paid 2,000 dollars down using my debit card (Pin was entered) and I also paid $594 dollars for full coverage insurance. They financed to my fiance and myself knowing we had florida identification (we reside in ky) and my id was a florida state id although my dl is valid. Their warranty says that it is for 90 days or 3,000 miles whichever comes first and that it covers 50% labor and 50% parts in the event of total engine or transmission failure. (On their website it simply says the warranty not what it covers) Not even two hours after I left the dealership the car blew on me. I notified them early the next morning verbally over the phone prior to business hours and arrived shortly after they opened the following morning. I provided them the key and they went to retrieve the vehicle.which they told me they would need to check out. They said it may just be the timing belt and they assured me that they would not screw me over. They even gave me a ride up the street to the mall so that I did not have to sit around and wait there which they advised I shouldn’t wait they would call me. I had to take a 44 dollar cab ride home after the car broke down and a 20 dollar cab ride back. I was trying to prevent having to take another cab if I didn’t need to. I contacted them a few minutes later and requested either a refund seeing as it hadn’t even been a full 24 hours or my money applied toward another vehicle being that my faith in the current vehicle was null and void. I even offered to put more money down. This is when the woman who answered informed me that they did not do refunds (I signed acknowleding this) and that they did not switch contracts. I inquired as to whether or not I would be charged for any repairs and she said verbatum “Well of course. We’re just honoring our warranty.” I informed her that this was not right as they led me to believe the vehicle was fine. This is when she said “What’s not right that we’re trying to help you fix yourrrrrrr car”. An hour and a half later I called back and was informed the car was there. My fiance requested someone to come get us and they said they would see what they could do and call us back. We walked the 30-45 minute walk back over to them from the mall and were informed that the engine did indeed blow. A rod broke off while we were driving and went into the oil pan. My fiance informed them he was not going to put his family (myself and our child) back in that car and explained we were on the interstate and very well could have died. They assured us they understood and that they did not think we would have to pay the 50% if anything at all. He explained that was neither here nor there that even if they paid it would be a used motor and he did not feel comfortable nor safe getting back into that car. The office manager called the owner who informed her even under the circumstances he would not change the contract. They informed us that they would need to find a motor and the vehicle would be fixed Tuesday 05/06/14. I contacted them 05/05/14 and they informed me that the vehicle would not be fixed tuesday as they could not find a motor. How am I suppose to make car payments without the car all of my money is being spent on cabs and we live in a small town only god knows when they would find a motor. I feel scammed, and taken advantage of . I was broken down on the side of Interstate 65 by mile marker 16 until 9 something at night with my six year old. The first thing they said to me when I called was to get it towed to them through my insurance. My insurance does not offer towing. This is why they went to get it. They knew in advance I am a single mother and needed a reliable car. The magnum was the nicest most updated car they could get me into within my down payment means. There has to be some type of law that I am protected within a certain time frame please This is a company who is a scam. I have contacted the attorney general and the bbb and they are unable to help me. The lemon law applies to new cars which makes no sense as they sold me a lemon. I am working on getting an attorney in the event I don't hear anything back by today. I called them and they said someone would call me back in 30 minutes that was about an hour ago. Two cab drivers have stated they had issues with this company including one who was sued by company and won. BEWARE
ID
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article