Where do I even begin on issues with this Company

Like other Customers have stated - this pool company does NOT properly back fill under the installed pool. Leaves the pool with cracks and what I believe is a leak since we have to fill the pool almost daily. also installed a bad pool light and refused to repair even when NC Attorney Gererals office sent him a formal complaint! Lied to my wife about cleaning salt water cell-now system needs repaired-he does back products he sells! Also his Cement crew cut my main Electric to house! BE AWARE of this Company!!!! He will not return your calls either when it comes to fixing the problems!!

You will be shocked to know he has open warrants in 3 states... And he has left a a trail staggering over 4 at min counties of fraud and theft.

Love The Pool Store

Ken Kitchel Spa and Pool - Love The Pool Store
We are absolutely thrilled with the new pool from The Pool Store LLC! Everyone involved was great, helpful and knowledged. The owners are awesome in helping us plan what we wanted and setting everything in motion for us. We were picky but in the end have an amazing pool sitting in our backyard. His staff was always right on time to fill us in on what was happening, etc., and the folks that showed up each day were terrific. Thank you Kitchels for making the back yard of our new home something we'll be proud of for years to come!

To the poster of this ORIGINAL POST: your comments are either fake or you are the 1% of lucky people, or the friends of the Kitchel's. Look for yourself.

He was arrested last week for "taking money for False Pretenses" - which is a FELONY and again today- APRIL 3rd for FORGERY- a felony and misdemeanor False Promises/ - he is jail RIGHT NOW. So for those who think that he is just fantastic...

you got LUCKY. For the rest of us,,,, we are waiting for the justice system and a little bit of KARMA to take him down.

@Les Yur

Case Dismissed. Justice Sytem clearly found in favor of Ken Kitchel, The Pool Store LLC.

Now to let the justice system handle my complaint.

And i do beleive publicly implying harm aka KARMA against a person is considered a threat. I will have to find out from my attorney.

Thanks for the help. After seeing these other reviews we looked deeper into the company and unfortunately found some unsettling info, including FL arrest records and warrants as well as other consumer horror stories, we just can't take the risk.

Best of luck to others who have used or use company

I can only imagine they do since they did my pool in AZ and we are further. Not sure what they would charge you since I can only imagine every job different.

@PissedConsumer790301

Yes, Jason- he jumps from state to state til he runs out of steam from his crooked sideways schemes. Las Vegas, to Arizona to Michigan to Florida to NC...

he has been everywhere and pretty much everywhere he has left a trail of destruction. I wish I could post links because his mugshot list is pretty impressive since 2006. He is in CUSTODY on my WARRANT right now....

and that is two arrest in 10 days... fairly impressive.

Do you know if they travel to Florida? We would love to add a pool to our rental house and this one looks just like what we envisioned

Are there prices reasonable would you say and do you think they've gone up much since when you had yours put in. this is our first time looking around at pools

thanks for the info

this co is in nc.... but you are in arizona? somehow that review seems fake

@PissedConsumer788765

The pool store LLC is nationwide.

@PissedConsumer788949

This is not a nationwide company. Ken talks big but that is all it is.

I checked, Ken has over $73,000 in civil judgment just in NC. Check Fl, st. louis, michigan, texas. Where ever he is he rips people off.

Ken and Victoria are *** artists and have been for years.

His record speaks for him self.

@PissedConsumer790889

Clearly there nationwide if they are doing business in all those states. I don't see any judgments that you speak of. Add a link Laura so we can all see them and make a true decision

View more comments (9)
Phoenix, Arizona

KEN KITCHELL + POOL STORE & SPA MOCKSVILLE, NC = DISASTER

Ken Kitchel Spa and Pool - KEN KITCHELL + POOL STORE & SPA MOCKSVILLE, NC = DISASTER
They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be sure to check out the BBB in the Greensboro and CHarlotte areas too... Mr. Ken Kitchell is a great talker... but that is ALL you will get. He will promise you a gold hill only when he leaves you find a pile of you know what, We have permits with Mecklenburg Count that are TILL open that he has yet to finalize. We are having to pay those contractors more because he will not come back, return our calls NOR reply to our attorney. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY or this MAN. HE will tell you he built pools atop the Bellagio in Las Vegas... I dont' care.. but if you hire him; you are going to be left with upwards of maybe the $8-$10k that we are.--- that is ON TOP of the $30k we already paid for the pool

Is the concrete patio spec calling for 4" ? The concrete structure in the photo is not 4" thick,, and what was the spec called for in the contract ?

3000 lb, 4000 lb,,, and were fiberglass fibers used or specified.

Did you get what was specified ?

Ken Kitchel knows what he is doing and has put in thousands of pools all over the us and they are great. You can clearly see this homeowner did not landscape around the concrete and when the rain washed off the concrete it just washed the dirt from underneath. Usually the homeowner grades the yard after the concrete is poured, your grass should be flush with the concrete.

@PissedConsumer866527

Mr kitchel is a thief. A fraud.

A despicable human being. Karma will be beautiful once cast his way

Like was stated before. Go to Davie County Courthouse or any courthouse in NC and check out the names Ken Kitchel or the pool and spa store and you will see over $70,000 in civil lawsuits..

Earlier Ken stated they have all been paid. This is not true. I just looked yesterday and there are still over $50,000 .00 in civil law suits they lost and have not reimbursed home owners. Look for your self.

You will see what I say is true. He HAS NOT paid these off as he stated earlier. The proof is in the record in ALL courthouses in NC. It's is free of charge.

Go to the civil side and ask if there are ANY civil judgements on anyone's name.

It is free and before you hire anybody check this source out. It will save you a lot of trouble

@PissedConsumer809136

your info is so out dated...........kind of like all the evidence Tina Hasty said she had yet all her charges were dismissed due to lack of evidence

@PissedConsumer809292

So if you are saying it is out dated, then you have confirmed there are outstanding judgments. As of last week you still owe the people in Rockingham co, Guilford County and Forsyth County.

Not to mention the State licensing board where you lost the case for wiring a pool not being licensed.

Its all on your record. Go look, you know its there

@PissedConsumer810552

LOL..........THE ONLY JUDGEMENT THAT IS CORRECT IS FORSYTHE.....WE NEVER BUILT A POOL IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY NOR ARE THERE ANY JUDGEMENTS IN GUILFORD.......PLEASE POST THESE SO CALLED CUSTOMERS NAMES........LOVE TO SEE THEM......FYI THE FORSYTHE HAS BEEN SETTLED!!!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer810552

The customers in rockingham have sued for a judgment and won. there are three names on the suit and all three are kitchels. it ia in the city of madison tha the pool was installed without a permit as well.

it's strange how anyone would be willing to consider hiring a company with all these allegations. leaves a lot of room for doubt.

and honestly while I am glad I got to see these reviews before I have made my choice- I find it stranger that the charges against them are even being discussed by 'them' on this forum.

@PissedConsumer807854

People do business still because it's clear that the complaint was false and declared so by a court. Now had the information been true than people may have avoided this business.

View more comments (117)
Featured
Loss

Installed a new vinyl liner in our inground pool. debri under it very crooked will not return to repaier it aleady has to patch up holes

Installed a new vinyl liner in our inground pool..when f illed up with water it pulled liner and wall out, then noticed debri under it already caused liner to have holes in it brand new and we had to patch it. Worst workmanship I have ever seen...will not come back to repair..takes your money and left us with a ruined pool. We had anorher company come out to correct and repair so of course out even more money..very poor workmanship and dishonest, found out he has fraud convictions against him in other states. Very dishonest and horrible work.

I would ignore any comment from Tina Hasty since her complaints were dismissed. Hard to listen to a person when the Justice System dismissed them. Just saying to help those that truly need LOOKING OUT :grin :)

I would ignore any comment made from Las Vegas, NV considering thats the Kitchel's stomping grounds. Considering they've been all over the map, but lately on this site I've seen reviews posted from AZ & NV (both of which Ken has lived) and its obvious he's got friends and inside people trying to cause havoc within these reviews.

Point is, there are a TON of other posts/reviews/sites that people have gone to in regards to this company and complaints from all over. I've seen complaints from Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, etc

so, clearly these people make their beds....

then hitch it to the back of the truck and move on to the next victim state and still seem to sleep good at night.

@PissedConsumer791505

not only that but any review where you see positive comments made the same day or one day after .... he has his possy of friends trying to give him STARS....

but most people will see on regularly pissed consumer who is not letting up and has police records,, and lots evidence... if you have common sense, you won't hire them

Why would you not have had company fill water? Sounds like you made the mistake.

I doubt company installed a liner on top of debris. This review seems fishy.

@PissedConsumer788030

do you realize how much it costs to truck water? the homeowner has to fill the pool.

have you read the other review s from this company? the fishy one is the company

@Les Yur

Tina I read the reviews on this company compared to others and this one is a lot of back and forth he said she said on this site. They have a lot of great reviews on other sites like Google, yellow pages, Facebook and even Angie's List which is a highly used review site.

View more comments (5)
Mocksville, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article