Read and HEED the advice from myriad unhappy customer reviews!

Here's a tip people: READ reviews before giving your business to a business, then HEED the reviews. I first gave this place a good review even though: - it takes an act of God to get them to notice you and help - it takes an act of God to get them to give you a shuttle ride before you grow old and your hair falls out. I had just under $1000 charge a bit over a week ago when I brought my vehicle in because all the dash lights were on and many electric items (wipers/door locks/etc) weren't working until I'd been driving for about 10 minutes. Coincidentally, I needed to get the emissions tested for license renewal so went to my usual little shop for that. It wasn't ready. Needed to be driven a bit more. 300+ miles later I brought it in again to the little shop I go to and still not ready. The guy tells me I should bring it back to Ken Garff because something's not right. I bring it to Ken Garff. They need keep it over the weekend. I pick it up today and they want to charge me $158. "What is the charge for?" I ask. "What needed to be done?" They put 1/2 tank of gas in and drove it for 30 miles. That's it. I argued with them until I was blue in the face that this is a lousy reason to charge me this much. Whatever was needed should have been covered by my prior rip-off visit. They claim they need to pay for the technician's time. Excuse me? Did I need the skills of a technician to put gas in and drive it around? How is that any different from what I was doing? In the end, I paid $70 and they passed me on the emissions test (which wasn't included in the first place). What a headache! Another two people were in the waiting area about to blow a fuse as they hadn't been helped either and a lady walked in grumbling about having to put up with their poor service since she now had to get her Fiat fixed there rather than the prior Fiat dealership location downtown. I always read reviews, but, unfortunately, I read Ken Garff's reviews AFTER I was already taken for a ride........I learned a lesson. Let this be YOUR lesson so you don't waste your $$$ there.
ID
Salt Lake City, Utah
Service
Ken Garff West Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Car Diagnostics
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article