Keiser Career College

The Practical Nursing program is extremely disorganized. There is no "set" curriculum. There is a managment power game in play to override the instructors. As a result students are failing tests based on the changed criteria. Not fair at all. I agreed to pay Keiser LOTS of money to get my LPN degree rather than wait for years to get into a community college. I regret choosing Keiser over another private institution. I would like to see Keiser be investigated by the Attorney General and whatever Fed's oversee the Pell Grant process. Unprofessional to the point of criminal. Hear my warning.

After participating in the LPN program for more than a year due to family emergencies & being unable to attend all classes without exceeding their 3day rule, I repeated PNII and successfully proceed to PNIII. Not even 2weeks in the semester I was placed on probation for ubserd reasoning and relocated from what was then my home campus of NPR to St.Pete as the schools way of corrective punishment!

Although, I was never given the opportunity to have witnesses speak on behalf, nor afforded the chance to write a statement that supported the chain of events. Furthermore, after being relocated to another facility to conduct clinicals, I was dismissed from the program nearly 3 wks following the so call 1st incident which in no way was anyone harmed, nor was the instructor made aware of anything by no other than myself during a post conference. What is most disturbing about what lead to my dismissal is that another student & I were both asked to aid during an emergency situation to which my fellow peer failed to respond and I did so. The schools response to such actions even when after emergency response arrived and took over the situation and I was commended for my actions as well as my instructor, I was soon after escorted of the property and told to go home.

This action is said to be supported by the DON, VP, and Dean for which they informed me that I was on probation & that my help was not needed at that time. Now, I don't know about you, but had I not relived the other individual who was performing CPR, what would have happened to me for saying NO, I CAN'T MY INSTRUCTOR IS NOT HERE??? Aside from this, I again was accused of doing other infractions according to these so called Chain of Command, but never was talked to about the allegations, but rather told what I did and then I I asked could I please speak or let's call the facility and knowing I had the direct support from the staff there, I was denied and told I need not to speak and that there's nothing to be heard by myself I'm being dismissed at that time. I have been working on a greavince packet, but also trying to locate an attorney because I feel as if my rights have been violated, I was accused of actions that never transpired, false documenting on the behalf of clinical instructors took part and I feel as a veteran that I and the Department of Veterans Affairs should be reiburssed both my time so I can somewhere else and finish my program and the funds paid to the school returned in FULL to the VA once I prove all of this to be redundant, unjust, and humiliating.

I have never during my time spent at Keiser had any disciplinary actions in regards to the clinical setting, pt care, time management, morals , and code of ethics. I am currently pursuing legal actions against the school and furthermore, against the instructors who demoralized my character as a student, a aspiring young nurse, and caused potential harm to my career by means of falsifying their statements to cover what they neglected to do! If anyone has any feed back I would greatly appreciate it, for now due to these chain of event and until I prove otherwise I will no longer be able to afford a roof over my head, support my self and family, because the VA shall withhold and garnish all of my pay to recovery money that was paid to an institution based off of: NO INTEGRITY, HONOR, RESPECT, LOYALTY, DIGNITY, THEY REMAIN UNFAIR & impartial when conduction both reward & punishment, and over all is a school that must be investigated not just from my plead, but the hundreds of other students who have delt with what I currently am.

Some of which have moved on with their lives, but I will not... This whole ordeal has cost me EVERYTHING that I have worked for and sacrificed and for what?

I chose Keiser Career College in St Pete(now Southeastern College) because of the awesome education they advertised. The education was wonderful because of the ONE instructor I had that now isnt there.

We were told they would help us find jobs.. I was 2nd in my class, accepted into the AST honor society. I graduated with high honors, etc. I have been denied ALL jobs applied for.

And the only jobs the school has for us...

you need 5+ years experience.. My $20k education has gotten me NOWHERE!

Keiser is a joke! The professors say offensive comments during lectures, and when you go to the dean about a problem your having the response is take it up with the professor.

When the professor could care less about the students do you really think they helped with the problem. No! After being told by other nursin

g directors that no one will hire nurses from keiser because the education is a joke I withdrew.

Then found out that I had to pay a withdrawal fee plus a balance that wasn't covered through finacial aid or student loans in order for my transcript to be released. Steer clear of this place.

well at least you dont have to work your butt off and watch people who dont work hard, care about the profession, and dont deserve to earn the same license that youve worked so hard for pass. our campus is a joke.

they bend rules for some people and enforce the rules for others. we have instructor who wont answer phone calls from students if they arent in there clinical group and the program as a whole is completely disorganized and unprofessional

In my local florida campus they offer massage therapy program. I graduated from one of the state's top schools.

I didn't go to keiser, because NOBODY would or could answer my questions. All they wanted was money, money and more money. it was gonna be close to $30 for a 9 month program that would teach little anatomy, pathology, massage.

some of the insturctors weren't LMT's. Sorry you all have to go through all this *** with a *** school.

They are just collecting Pell grants. Curriculum and career placement are after thoughts.

I go there now and their purposely failing our whole class. I'm really thinking of getting an attorney

View more comments (6)
ID
Tampa, Florida

About

Summary

Keiser Career College was established in 1988 as a Cruise Career Training Institute. In 1994 the Institute was acquired by Arthur and Belinda Keiser. The College is market-oriented and its aim is to provide high quality career education in different spheres. Keiser College is accredited by the Commission for Independent Education, Deportment of Education, the Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.

the professors at Keiser Career College are industry experienced people who have practical knowledge in a certain field. In the past few years the College establishes its affiliates throughout Florida.

Keiser College reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Brands Related to Keiser College

logo

Southeastern College

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article