Kc Properties Customer Care Review from Peoria, Illinois

KC properties COMPANY in Kansas City MO AND KS are the WORST!! DO NOT RENT FROM THEM UNLESS U WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF THEY KEEP HALF OF UR DEPOSIT $ regardless of condition. Kiss ur money goodbye if u rent from them!!! LISTEN TO THESE COMPLAINTS AND DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!! They tell u they will not make repairs of previous tenant problems before u move in so they can keep ur deposit when u move out! I don't know how these people sleep at night, they should be ashamed of themselves!!! They will NOT return phone calls EVER!!
Peoria, Illinois
Service
Kc Properties Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

This building is a dump.

I visited a friend here because he mentioned they have apts for rent here from time to time. I was in the area and decided it didn't hurt to look... I say this with as much consideration as I possibly can without giving the wrong idea... My friend and I were roommates for YEARS So I know what a neat freak he is and granted the apartment was as neat as can be BUT... good Lord that was the most disgusting outdated building I have ever seen. How can someone rent apartments out like that? The tiles are broken everywhere! I mean everywhere. I saw layers and layers of paint chipping and that's an old building so that paint has to be dangerous with lead or something. The repairs needed in his apartment were beyond what I could fathom. I even offered to refer my lawyer to him because I feel like all the repairs needed could not be legal. The stench of old smoke seriously had me gagging. I'm not kidding!!! He told me his rent was cheap for that area but COME ON... That place is disgusting! The piles of dirt all around that building was disgusting. It's like that place hasn't seen a mop or wipe down on a window sill in 100 years. I am so bothered by this place that I felt the need to write a review and I was just a visitor. Seriously, just clean the place and try renovating. Key word: Renovate.

Thanks for the comment. I was planning to call them but not anymore.

6/21/13 I've just read this complaint about cleanliness, peeling paint, etc, and would like to respond as the owner and operating manager of KC Properties LLC. First, I'm not sure which building they are referring to in the complaint, but I and all the building superintendents take pride in the care and cleanliness of our buildings, which are older four story walkups built around 1930. We make frequent repairs whenever needed and encourage our tenants to let us know anytime there are problems needing repair so we can correct and prevent small problems becoming bigger problems in the future .

When I ask new tenants for the reasons why they chose our apartments, one of the most often mentioned is cleanliness, along with good location, safe neighborhood, affordability and their experience talking to the superintendents and myself. We are very conscientious and thorough in providing information to new tenants and responding to all tenants.

I don’t like to see comments like this one, of course, and am not sure what the expectations were by the poster - perhaps garden apartments or more modern apartments were their preference. I always tell new prospects that our apartments are basic, not fancy, and are clean and well maintained. And I stand by that, absolutely.

I’m glad that this “pissed consumer” website allows responses to complaints so that I can present my opinion. Thanks very much for reading this.

Karel, Oper. Mgr.

@PissedConsumer667531

My ending signature should read:

KC Properties LLC

a NJ Limited Liability Co.

@PissedConsumer667535

Also, our contact number is 201-379-****.

I'll be happy to answer questions, address concerns and provide information.

View more comments (3)
Cliffside Park, New Jersey

KC PROPERTIES LLC IN ELMSFORD, NY

This message is for Avram Karel of KC Properties LLC in Elmsford, NY. You should be ashamed of your self for being the kind of Landlord that you are very unprofessional the way you conduct business your just upset because I resided in your filthy building for only a year and moved on. Charging me for not cleaning the bathroom when it was cleaned and your super Glenn witnessed that it was cleaned. You charged me 10 dollars to remove a few buttons and a pair of scissors from a kitchen drawer, you step over people to make a buck.

Just found this complaint on 1/28/12 and would like to respond because I am a very conscientious fair-minded landlord with a good reputation. We ask tenants, when they vacate, to return their apartments to us in the same clean undamaged condition as when they first moved in, except for normal wear and tear. We provide the tenant with a standard “move out” letter to help them better prepare the apartment for final inspection. We ask the tenant to clean and remove all of their property from closets and cabinets and to repair anything that was damaged by them. Our sincere hope is that the tenant will leave their apartment in good final condition so that we can return their security, in full. We don’t want one penny of their money. In fact, if a tenant leaves the apartment in good condition, it saves us time and money to prepare the apartment for the next tenant. Most tenants are careful and we mostly return full securities .

However, in this particular case, we had to make adjustments in accordance with the lease agreement for the followiing reasons: The kitchen walls to the left, right, and above the kitchen base cabinet were in terrible condition from grease and other dirt. Large dark stains were found throughout those wall areas. The carpet in one bedroom was burned by a clothes iron, with full outline of the iron on the carpet. The stove top enamel was chipped in several places. The oven was extremely dirty with dark caked surfaces on the entire inside of the oven door. The cabinet under the kitchen sink was very dirty, debris left behind and other items were left behind in drawers. The bottom of the bathroom vanity and tub area were also dirty, despite what the tenant reports. So, deductions were made to clean, seal and paint the kitchen wall areas, replace bedroom carpet, repair and paint stove top, clean the oven, kitchen and vanity cabinets and tub area along with removing remaining property tenant left behind.

After this tenant moved out, the superintendent informed me that the neighbors above and below the tenant had often made complaints about excessive noise. Also, each time I visit this building, I’m impressed by how clean the superintendent keeps the hallways, stairwells and laundry areas.

Lastly, security is equal to one and a half month’s rent. We returned about one month’s rent to this tenant and the rest was used to replace carpet, make repairs and clean.

Thank you for reading this.

My response was accidentally posted 2X and I could not remove.

Apologies.

@PissedConsumer417857

Also, our contact number is 201-379-****.

I'll be happy to answer questions, address concerns and provide information.

Thank you for reading this.

Just found this complaint on 1/28/12 and would like to respond because I am a very conscientious fair-minded landlord with a good reputation. When they vacate, we ask tenants to return their apartments to us in the same clean undamaged condition as when they first moved in, except for normal wear and tear. We provide the tenant with a standard “move out” letter to help them better prepare the apartment for final inspection. We ask the tenant to clean and remove all of their property from closets and cabinets and to repair anything that was damaged by them. Our sincere hope is that the tenant will leave their apartment in good final condition so that we can return their security, in full. We don't want one penny. If they return the apartment in good condition, it saves us time and money getting it ready for the next tenant. Most tenants are careful and we usually do return full security. In addition, we also take photos of the apartment when the tenant first signs the lease and document any pre-existing conditions in the lease agreement with the new tenant. So, we are very careful.

View more comments (4)
Providence, Rhode Island

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article