False performance claims and phony certification claims

Purchased a Kaze Bath ventilation fan SE90T from the Kaze site because it was the lowest price below Amazon, eBay and Target. Claimed Energy Star, Home Ventilation Institute and ETL certifications. All false claims. I verified with each of 3 agencies. Claimed "Ultra Quiet" 0.3 sones making it one of the quietest ventilation fans available which goes with low electric consumption. But it was over 2 sones and had none of the design features in high-end bath vents like Panasonic WhisperGreen and Braun NewTone. No laminar air flow, just noisy turbulent air flow. The company is only offering to refund $75.50 cost on return of the unit. But installation cost for me is $150. I am waiting for them to respond to request for this cost refund before I return the fan. So I still have the box, instructions and fan is installed in my master bath audible from anywhere on my first floor.

User's recommendation: Kaze is too god to be true. Choose proven brand names like Panasonic WhisperGreen and Braun with similar specs and certifications. Will cost $90 or more depending.

ID
Baltimore, Maryland
Product
Kaze Appliances Se90T Ventilation Fan

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article