Kayak Nature Adventures Unethical and Abusive

I made arrangements to rent kayaks from Kayak Nature Adventures. I gave the attendant my credit card for payment. I did not sign a voucher at the time because I assumed that the card was left open for security. Later, my son asked why I had allowed the attendant to write down my credit card number on a piece of paper. I was not aware that he had physically written down the number on another piece of paper. This is a serious breach of security in credit card handling. When we returned I asked the attendant for a credit card voucher to sign. He said that he did not have one. He said that he had called another person and given them my credit card information to run the card. I asked about the paper that he had written the credit card number on and he told me that he had torn it up. When I said that I would like to see the paper and get a receipt for the charges he became very hostile. He said to wait until he washed off the boats life jackets before he could walk up the eight foot ladder to the office and get the shredded paper. It took ten minutes before he walked up the stairs and got the garbage can from the office. He brought it down and handed it to me. He told me that I was free to go through it and see if I could find the shredded paper. When I told him that this was unacceptable he began to curse and threaten me. He told me that I wasn't going to get a receipt for the days charges and to get the *** of his docks. When we got to the car outside of the fence he continued to curse. He even went as far as insulting us for not leaving a tip. He told me that helped us into the water in the morning and then pulled my fat *** out of the water when we got back I would caution anyone who is considering using this operation to think again. Poor customer service is one thing. Abusive employees are worse but writing a persons credit card number down on a piece of paper is a sign of total incompetence and indifference to standard business procedures. If you don't want to be verbally abused and have your credit card information floating around somewhere find another company. There are several other companies in the area that are more professional and friendly.
ID
Tampa, Florida
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article