Karat Jewelers - St. catharines, Ontario

Purchased a "sterling Silver Ring - Nov 4th. 2017 during my first week wearing the piece - I noticed that some kind of coating on the band of the ring was peeling - we took the ring back to the Jeweler and he said the ring was tarnished?? - it would take a few seconds to polish it and he'd be right back.... at the time of purchase the clerk polished the ring for us already - but we told him to give it a try - but we felt he was not correct - that it was tarnished. so approx. 15 - 20 minutes later he returns with a ring that looks brand new - - he said it was actually the residue from the tag that was on it. the clerk said he "dipped it" to fix the problem - I wear a lot of silver and know for a fact that it does not peel - nor should a brand new ring tarnish in 3 -4 days - we told him we were not satisfied and that his practice was suspect. His response was "if you don't like my stuff then don't come back to my store" - we did get a refund - but I would be very cautious if you plan to buy anything from this jeweler - If he was reputable he should stand behind his pieces and offered an apology for the issue with the ring and gladly refund or exchange - but instead his behavior led us to believe he knew all along the ring was not silver as sold - the value on the piece was listed at $345.00 - we paid 1/2 price - maybe that should have been our first clue -
ID
Saint Catharines, Ontario
Product
Karat Jewellers Ring
Cons
  • Owner is very rude
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
stand behind your products and support your customer concerns without insults and rudeness

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article