Kangaroo Storage, Las Vegas, an unsafe place to store

In June of 2011 the Kangaroo Storage became an unsafe place for me to store my property. I was accosted once by a young woman who behaved erratically, touched my things as I tried to remove them from my vehicle to be stored after she verbally assaulted me for not allowing her and her boyfriend through the electric gate where I was unloading, She was in my personal space because beside the gate there is an unsecured a short wall she was able to jump over in flip flops off of an electrical box beside it on the outside. In an attempt to calm her down and remove myself from the situation I told her to leave me, she was already in, for her to go get her belongings from her unit. I then entered the storage interior building, unloaded my things to come out and find I had no access to the exiting gate in order to leave. Though others do, and after calling 311 and finding out there was no provided emergency number to utilize the gates if there were a fire or had I been physically attacked, I found there were other patrons who had neither unloaded nor loaded any items and had "after-hours" access. When I attempted to speak with the owner and manager about the incident I was told to expect to be accosted by people like this, as it is Las Vegas. A city I have lived in my entire life and have actually never been treated so poorly by a business, nor ever attacked or threatened by anyone. They continued to tell me that being locked inside the gate was what happened to be policy for people attempting to use there facility after closing hours which only applied to some of their clients as they saw fit, suggesting those people had businesses and had to store their equipment in the later evening, and gave no further explanation when I suggested this was contrary to the activities I witnessed by these special clientele. After which They (the owner and his wife) began to yell at me in front of other patrons signing up for service like I had done something wrong, and I questioned their integrity and absent after hours security while others were allowed to be on the premises, storing nothing. I had been assured when I started storing with them was effective, just with the electric, coded gates. I was also informed that they have even crazier clients than the one who had offended me, though she had also offended and 2 other clients for which she was going to be evicted. I was upset, felt insecure about continuing business with them, but felt that if chances were I wasn't going to be attacked again, this was fair enough until I could find a more professional facility with round the clock security. The following week while I was in search of a new place to store at, I consolidated more of my belongings preparing to move to a new location and was entering by a side, walk-through gate that I had found often times left open or ajar. As I was unloading and taking some personal items from my storage unit I was approached by the Owner and his manager/wife and was verbally insulted again, and told I needed to be out by the first for using the side gate which didn't matter that it had been unlocked when i arrived. That next day I returned to complete what I was unable to the day before after their verbal assault and threats. As I did I was assaulted by another unscrupulous youth who also jumped the wall, who became loud, threatening and finally demanding money from me. He was not a client, and as I dialed 911, and told him I was, he ran, lucky to bluff him even though I had little hope of receiving help because of the gate being inaccessible to emergencies services as I had previously found out. I removed my belongings from their facility completely by the 28th of June, when I found out the woman on drugs had not been evicted. I moved as per their insistence, and personal desire to no longer be treated as such, and was subsequently charged for rent for July by the 5th, this was not for past rent, it was for that month I would no longer be using their services they said they were going to hold me to moving before. They automatically charged and refuse to reimburse me the rental fee for services not rendered for the month of July. After the attacks and name calling on the phone when I myself did not instigate such behavior except in complaining originally about another customer's inappropriate behavior earlier in the month, who I came to find out was unstable and had done so to others as well and was never actually evicted. I believe the stress and emotional grievance caused by their inadequate means of rectifying the situation is ground for filing a suit. I would prefer there be an investigation into their operations of their facility.

There has been no follow up contact by the BBB or returned correspondence from Kangaroo Self Storage post these incidents. Shotty service continues according to conversations with other clients.

ID
Las Vegas, Nevada

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article