False advertising. Paid people to say they use the nuwave and they don't. Aka John Kane of Kane's re

John Kane of Kane's restaurant in Grass Valley is on nuwave's TV promo as using the Nuwave for his wood planked salmon. On the ad he is so convincing. My husband and I were at his restaurant last night (november 16, 2011) for his Birthday dinner with friends. I asked our server how/ where they cook their wood planed salmon and was told in their primary oven. and they don't even have a nuwave oven in the kitchen nor had our server ever seen one in the building. She laughed at my question and told us John was paid for that ad and never used a Nuwave! Shame on John Kane and shame on Nuwave for false advertising!

I don't whether he does or not. I can honestly say I use the Nuwave Oven.

I used the original so much I burned it out. I have the Nuwave Oven Pro II. It is awesome and does more and better than stated or advertised. We cook fish, ribs, chicken, etc and it cooks it well.

I eat my steaks medium well, restaurants can't get it right but it is perfect with this machine. Get one and try it for youself.

Michael Leon Burts Sr.

Rutland, VT

Perhaps you're in bed with John Kane, Becky. You know that NuWave Oven isn't at his house!

This ad is like four years old...he probably tossed it by now!

Hmmmm....I would be very careful taking the word of a server as gospel, who may in fact be new to the restaurant. Mr.

Kane may no longer be using the NuWave in his establishment, but doesn't mean he never did.

Celebrity chefs are paid for testimonials all the time. Perhaps he has moved his NuWave home.

View more comments (3)
ID
Sacramento, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article