Very disappointed

I have used K12 since 2008. They have gotten too big of head on themselves now. Their curriculum has gone down the drain. Each year it gets worse. The new curriculum for 2021/2022 school year is extremely disappointing. I think this will be our last year to use them as the curriculum barely meets the minimum requirements for the state we live in.

User's recommendation: Look for a better curriculum that actually will help your student excel in school instead of just sliding by.

Preferred solution
Better curriculum

Dont make your children suffer from this

everyday when i log onto K12 i just have a meltdown its not at all what they say this should be illegal please don't let your child suffer from this horror show and they hide everything from parents and make the child think its normal so parents will write good reviews on them also i think most of them are fake i could go on for hours about things wrong with k12

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

ID
Pros
  • Daily headaches and meltdowns
Cons
  • Entire company is a con

Poor design with Math 08

ALL Unit Lessons with K12 ISP Math 08 have math practice problems (Extended Problems) but NO answers. What good are practice problems for my kids if there is no answer to see if they've got it right or wrong. This is a poorly revamped program for this year. The person(s) who did the redesign were careless and inattentive to a job that affects all ISP children who use this course. Shame on you and your understanding of the concepts of learning to do math correctly.

User's recommendation: If you want your young children to learn good math through practice, go elsewhere.

Dededo Village, Dededo

Verified Reviewer

Beware: Not the experience you would expect

My children are both doing online school for K12. We are actually getting ready to find another solution to their education needs. The teachers have been horrible.in High School and in Middle School. Their online instruction is a joke. They just give out a bunch of homework or refer you over to Khan Academy. Or don't show up for class, and/or they leave early. They don't care about your children. Worst experience ever!!

User's recommendation: K12 is suitable for troubled, handicapped, or language challenged children. Not suitable for normal, use to regular school, kids.

Preferred solution
Find another school

K12 TOLD ME INNCORRECT INFO/NEVER APPROVED MY CHILDREN/DONE WITH K12

Signed up. Was told NOT to send kids to school on first day as we would be approved before then. I have done all they have asked of me, told i would receive a email with student login number. A week goes by. NOTHING. Call and am told there are more students enrolling than anticipated, please be patient. That my kids would be able to catch up with no problem. Two weeks into reg school and was told someone dropped the ball and we would be "fast tracked", would I please wait on hold while she took care of it. 3rd week am told by a very rude man there is no record of the "fast tracked" conversation and my kids should be in school! Someone must have mis-informed me! That there is no "time limit" on approvals and we could be waiting forever. That k12 has done their part and waiting on our assigned school to approve them. So I ask for that schools contact info....K12 does not have that info? HUH? A bunch of time wasted, rude ppl and missed school. I have decided just to Homeschool them myself with online curriculum(time4learning) and work books. Have had it with K12. My local school district told me they have had problems with K12 too. Beware.
Chipley, Florida

They are terrible

Too many assessments, no individualized learning, no placement exams, and can not easily drop if you don't want it. I signed up for online school for my son. He hated it and I hated it. It was worse than the brick/mortar school he went to the year before. One of the stories he had to read talked about eating people and one talked about beheading someone. Horrible experience Would not repeat I think these are money making companies that are in it for the money and don't really care about the students. Sad because it was such a waste of my time

I would love to know what K12 program you were in. I have 3 children in OHVA through K12 and they love it.

We go on field trips, have met lovely people. If they were in it for the money don't you think they would ask for money for the computer, printer, and all the curriculum they send you.

Also when it comes to the school I have 1 child who is on a IEP and through OHVA he is in advanced classes. In brick and mortar schools I was told that my oldest son needed to get on a IEP.

Which is hilarious to me because he is advanced. So now who is the money hungry companies. My children have flourished in K12 and I will only say positive things about the school.

I am actually getting ready to pull my other 2 children one blessed with autism and my daughter blessed with ADD out of brick and mortar school to enroll them into K12.

Virtual schools are not for everyone. There are many people who love K-12.

Plus its completely free, its not like you paid anything. If you didn't like it, all you had to do was submit your intent to enroll him elsewhere.

Do your research before just throwing your kid into a virtual school. We use Connections Academy and love it!

View more comments (1)
Boca Raton, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article