Verified Reviewer

Cannot update billing

This service is a joke. My billing information needs updating and you won't accept a renewal online. I can't make international calls. My website is in danger of being taken down. I need a callback now

User's recommendation: Don't bother.

Deliver product or service ordered

Billing payment issue

Just Host - Billing payment issue
I paid £200+ for the annual update of my sdyohans@***.co.uk domain Now I keep receiving threatening emails saying that you will close my account if I haven't yet paid £294 AGAIN WITHIN 6 DAYS!! PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY I'VE BEEN ASKED TO PAY AGAIN WHEN IVE ALREADY PAID ON THE 19TH OCTOBER
Happy Valley, Oregon
Pros
  • Good hosting space
Cons
  • Terrible customer service and communication
Preferred solution
I have already paid for the whole year. Why am I been threatened to close my account within 6 days if I don't pay again!!

Justhost and Sitelock SCAM

I received an email from Justhost saying they have deactivated my account due to serious malware infection and they are offering Sitelock for a hefty price more expensive than the hosting package I've subscribed to. I find this odd since I am only hosting a simple website and I know my codes but nonetheless I deleted my files to get rid of the "malwares" to have my account reactivated. Contacting Justhost support is a useless waste of time which gets you nowhere. It's been almost a month but seems like they are not reviewing the account and still not reactivating the site, apparently to leave no option but to subscribe to Sitelock. This is a very inconvenient and frustrating experience. It is clearly a SCAM to rip-off money from helpless customers. This should be raised to the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

I have had the same exact issue with HostMonster. Hostmonster used to at least let you know what files were infected, but no longer.

SiteLock rep says "they weren't accurate, and that's why they don't do that anymore......

My clients site was in WordPress, which had Wordfence installed.

I did a scan a few days ago, and the software found two files that were infected, and were not part of the WordPress core....so I deleted them, and got a clean scan....then HostMonster suspended the site. I had to delete the files as well.

ID
Cons
  • Website downtime
  • Poor customer service
  • Hidden costs
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Deliver product or service ordered

JustHost - bad bad bad

Just Host - JustHost - bad bad bad
My website is down for several weeks now and they are doing nothing.The first time i contacted them about the issue i have been told to buy a dedicated IP if i want my website to be up again. I am contacting the technical support every day in the last few weeks and all they are saying is that they'r "specialists" are working to get the server up again.For how long? It has been more than a month now. The funniest thing is that on the status page: https://www.justhost.com/cgi/serverstatus/ they show that there is nothing wrong with my website, how is this possible? No compensation, no real help from them. I am trying to move from there but i can't get my databases so I'm stuck. I can't access anything. No ftp, no cpanel, no email..

same thing with me too, outrageous and criminal

London, England
Cons
  • Unprofessional
  • Hate it
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Websites down for hours

I host several websites with Justhost. Today, all my sites are unreachable. The Justhost.com website is also down. This happened last year around the same time and at least you could call them. Today, their phones have a fast busy, indicating the trunk is jammed. When they are up, their support is good, which is 99% of the time. But when they are down, it is a catastrophe. I would not renew with them as they cannot seem to handle unusual circumstances and seem to take the cheapest route to run their business. There are more reliable hosting companies out there.

OMG they were down and no one could visit your webpages for a day. Get over yourself all web hosts go down now and again.

Tampa, Florida

Justhost.com horrible service now

I have been with justhost.com for over 2 years. I purchased WHM shared hosting as a low budget solution for clients. In the last 2 months the support has been horrible. Not that it was any good to begin with. Send a support ticket and you would be lucky to get any response. Which I always have to follow up with a phone call. They are currently in the process of migrating our account to a new server. First off, there was numerous problems with the transfer which to a week to resolve. All websites on the new server go down constantly. They claim the server is still undergoing the transferring files and is the reason for the poor performance. Wouldnt you do this during off peak hours? I was never informed we would be experiencing *** service until the completion. Which I now think they are blowing smoke up my *** and have overloaded the box. Yesterday I called to complain and the tech actually suggested I go somewhere else. So there is justhost.com for ya. Stay away. Service and support both suck ***!

:zzz

Having tried many, I feel that JustHost has given me the best Bang-for-my-Buck.

And NO, you shouldn't expect service for 'developer' issues from your 'Hosting' company...they only HOST. So any issues involving "development" will be referred to YOU...the "Developer"...so if you actually knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be crying.

If it doesn't deal with install or server related issues, well, you are out of luck, no help for you. MAYBE...just maybe...you should raise the level of your Knowledge, not your whining.

I have used JustHost for A year now and I have had no problems with them at all.

About JustHost.com USA. Unhappily I'm using their hosting for a litle more than two

years now and agree with the shameful service and support and with the changing of

servers and software is ten times worst. It's unbelievable. My problems started last

year when some directories/websites are wipeout and vanish. Requested support

but sent me a pre-writen email and never done anithing to solve the issue so I told

them to give me back my money because this is a rip off scam and wouldn't want to

work with them anymore.

Silence was the answer. I've lost hours and hours correcting their mistakes on the

server.

This year they gone far on the quest for free space (I've unlimited server resources,

at least in the contract) puting inside my main website a folder with a phishing look

like website flagged by Google as phishing and using this to said that I was

breaking their TO's and shutting down my website.

It was necessary a dozen of pissed emails and a week later they put on again my

website.

Now with this story of server changes all websites with php scripts fail to work some

databases is the same and they don't now to resolve the problem.

So my strong advice is. Keep away from this shi* company and spread the word on

their business practices.

J. :( :( :(

View more comments (2)
Jacksonville, North Carolina

Just Host and SiteLock refused to refund $$

Just Host and SiteLock charged me $211.60 and would only refund $98.80 although I canceled the account within 2 hours. After getting the run around with e-mails and finally telephone calls, I was told by Just Host that SiteLock was a third party they paid and that I had to get the refund from them. SiteLock, however told me that I had to get the refund from Just Host. Just Host then told me that their reason for not refunding was it was in the "term and conditions" and they would make absolutely no exceptions, although it was not used, would never be used and was canceled. I thought that I had this problem taken care of until my credit card statement came. All I got for my time and energy was the run around. Watch out for these two companies - my experience with them is an unfortunate and expensive lesson - it appears to me Just Host and SiteLock are not interested in happy customers, just $$.
Lacey, Washington

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article