I’ve been scammed by Junge Ford in North Liberty Iowa

Junge Ford North Liberty - I’ve been scammed by Junge Ford in North Liberty Iowa
On August 4, 2018 I towed my Ford F-350 into Junge Ford of North Liberty Iowa. The night before, I was traveling on my way to Chicago and Just before reaching to a city called Coralville Iowa my truck suddenly loses power and dies. Luckily I was able to pull to the side of the road before it died. Now on taking it to Ford they run their diagnostic test and seemed to be confused of the problem but they do say it has something to do with the fuel system. Do they follow Ford protocol, which is next to test the fuel for contamination NO, they don’t. They go on ahead to install a low pressure fuel pump. Does that solve the problem? NO so they go on ahead and install a high pressure fuel pump! Then they call me to tell me my truck is running now I can go ahead and come and pick it up but they did find metal shavings on the high pressure fuel pump and warned me that I probably would get about an hour down the road and the truck would break again. So they told me they would have to install a fuel contamination kit and this would fix the problem!!?? While still charging me for the previous LP and HP fuel pumps and now a fuel contamination kit also!!?? My bill is almost at a ridiculous price of 17,000. They took apart part of the engine to get to the HP fuel pump. which I never was informed of by Ford. I actually found out because I went to ford to get a few things from my truck and see part of my engine on the floor, instead of lifting off the front cab to reach fuel system! Crazy thing is this, when Ford told me about if I wanted to proceed with next step, I told him let me think about this because he quoted me that it would be 12,000 to fix this. I am not a mechanic, I trusted they would treat me fair, like eating the previous charge of LP and HP fuel pump for their mistake, so i have my son call Ford back and tell them to fix my truck. The service guy says to my son, “You do know you have to pay for this before you can take the truck!” Really? This is how they are suppose to treat you? The ordeal is great enough after being broken down in a city I don’t know far from home and to be told like a child! Infact I continually told Ford please call me text me email me with updates since now I have to forcefully stay at a hotel costing me more, did they do this NO, I would call them after 2 days of no updates to be told we can’t seem to find the problem so we are bringing another technician to work along side our tech to diagnose the problem. (Test the fuel, test the fuel and you’ll find the problem!) more days would pass and I’d call again that they are getting the same problem codes I asked Ford what could of caused this problem and he told me “it might be fuel contamination but I really don’t know” but through all their process they never tested the fuel even upon completing truck repairs! I called my insurance to file a claim so when they contacted Ford, Ford said they had no pictures of what they did, the parts had been sent back but they did say they had the fuel sitting in a barrel at their shop. It was only at this time did they tested the fuel because the insurance needed to know if the fuel had been contaminated. Well Ford after their testing of fuel said there was no contamination Is this fair? Is this right to be double charged for their incompetence? Going way beyond the estimated price, taking apart my engine without my consent or acknowledgment? They have my truck for ransom of almost 17,000 I am being scammed by ford and never would have known this if I didn’t show this to a former ford tech where he pointed out all the mistakes! I want my truck back and for their attemp to rip me off, I do not want to pay no one cent to them!
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article