Julianne's Floral Designs (OKC) Didn't Deliver As Promised

I ordered flowers online for Mother's Day from Julianne's Flowers in Oklahoma City. My mom lives in OKC and I've had good experiences ordering from local florists in the past. The flowers never arrived at mom's apartment. I called the Julianne's today (the Monday after Mother's Day) to find out what happened. The lady running the store answered the phone. She told me that their policy is to go to the apartment door and knock. If there is no answer, they leave the flowers at the apartment office, then call the recipient. Mom was home the entire time. She is 100% positive that if he had knocked on her door during the day, she'd have heard it (it's a small apartment). I called the apartment office. The flowers were there. The office manager remembered talking to the delivery guy, who said he would call. Again, Mom is 100% positive the delivery guy never called. She was waiting all weekend, expecting some kind of delivery (or a phone call to say a delivery was on it's way). He certainly never left a message. I called Julieanne's back, and got the same lady (the store manager). I didn't catch her name, so I'm not sure if that's the "Julieanne" in the company's name or not. I told her that the delivery man never came to Mom's door, and never called. I wanted my money back. She replied that the delivery man swore up and down that he had done both. I'm now faced with the quandry that either the delivery man is lying or my mom is lying. My mom is always the first to admit if she made a mistake or may have missed a phone call. I sided with Mom. I told the florist the her delivery man was lying to her. That's when the florist yelled at me: "How dare you! He's my son!" ... then hung up on me. They pissed me off, but at least I returned the favor. Still not getting my money back though.

WE MAKE OVER 1000 DELIVERIES PER MONTH. WE, JUST AS ANY OTHER BUSINESS, HAVE POLICIES THAT WE HAVE TO FOLLOW IN THE DELIVERY PROCESS.

IF YOUR MOM WOULD HAVE ANSWERED, WE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM TO HER, PROBLEM SOLVED. HOWEVER, MAYBE SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER AND DID NOT HEAR THE DOOR. OUR DRIVERS CALL FROM THEIR PERSONAL CELL PHONES, AND MOST PEOPLE DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES UNLESS THEY KNOW WHO IT IS. WE DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE BECAUSE THAT DRIVER MAY NOT HAVE THE FLOWERS LATER IN THE DAY, THEY WOULD BE RETURNED TO THE SHOP FOR REDELIVERY, UNLESS WE CAN LEAVE THEM WITH A NEIGHBOR, DOORMAN, APARTMENT OFFICE, ETC.

WE ARE SORRY FOR THE MISHAP. ON HOLIDAYS WE HAVE ABOUT 350- 400 DELIVERIES ON A SINGLE DAY-- ITS VERY HARD TO REDELIVER, SO IF WE CAN LEAVE IT WITH AN APARTMENT OFFICE, WE DO, SO THAT THE RECIPIENT IS SURE TO GET IT. OTHERWISE REDELIVERIES MIGHT BE THE NEXT DAY. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

WE HAVE ADJUSTED OUR DELIVERY POLICY FOR FUTURE DELIVERY PROBLEMS. if THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS NOT ANSWERING THE DOOR OR PHONE, THE DRIVER NOW CALLS OUR SHOP AND WE CALL FROM THE SHOP, SO THAT OUR SHOP NAME DISPLAYS AND WE LEAVE A MESSAGE WITH THE INTENDED RECIPIENT.

HOWEVER, DEPENDING ON WHEN THE RECIPIENT RETURNS OUR CALL, IT MIGHT BE A NEXT DAY DELIVERY. THANKS AGAIN

ID
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article