Bad builders and not completing the word.

Driveway cracked water around it all the time. Stove top needed to be replaced and they had the top since February of this year and not installed. Call so many times I stopped counting. Tim and Rick are absolutely the worst people Ive dealt with. Lies lies lies. The workmanship is so terrible I thought I moved into a used home not a new one. Im just voicing my opinion and the opinion of so many people that live here at Meadow View Farms. They are forcing us to take legal action because we dont get any satisfaction.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from Judd.

ID
#3201887 Review #3201887 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reading, Pennsylvania
Cons
  • Arrogance lies poor workmanship
  • Poor workmanship
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Sloppy, Poor Workmanship by Judd Builders
There are numerous issues with construction work being done by Judd Builders for new house being built for me in development. To start with, not fulfilling promise of 150 days for delivering the house after getting permit, missing rain water pipe on roof, missing installation of large windows on side walls in basement, not installing shower head in center in master bath, issue with grading, there are some more, major one and worthwhile to mention here is, issue with stone work on front of the house. Signed the Schedule B document on 08/19/2017 for Bucktown Fieldstone stone with “off white” mortar. When the construction still being done, on June 18, 2018 found that the stone work was done with “gray” mortar. When the issue was reported to Judd Builders, the mistake was accepted as this was an act of workmanship negligence and they offered me a credit for that. But I wanted the stone work redone with “off white” mortar. I was told they will look into it. In hurry, over the weekend of 7th, 8th July 2018, they did something with stone work without my approval and signature as a buyer on “revised work order”. On July 9th, 2018 when I looked at the stone work on front of the house, I was shocked and very disappointed with the sloppy, poor workmanship job. They smeared white cement over exiting gray mortar to hide the existing gray color mortar, it looks horrible. Not sure how and why they have started doing this kind of sloppy, poor workmanship job lacking quality. May be because of new project manager, may be lacking effort put into quality control on construction site. As this house is costing me a fortune, as a buyer I will not accept this house without stone work redone and I want Judd Builders to redo stone work with quality workmanship using off white mortar before closing. In case Judd Builders doesn’t want to redo the stone work, I will not be in a position to accept this house and I demand Judd Builders to return all my money (paid so far to them) with interest back to me.
#2071190

I would call the State Contractor's Board for your residing state.

#1619932

Stone work redone

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article