Tarts upset stomach

They have their dim sum in display cases. Are those cases refrigerated They contain pork buns and meat rolls. I ordered some nonmeat tarts. The coconut one made my stomach feel a bit weird. The egg one in no way resembled the excellent quality I had grown up eating in San Francisco. It had half the volume of egg pudding in it and it was sort of concave. The shell was mushy and oily. Where did these bakers learn to cook. They should refrigerate their tarts and have only those on display for display only like at Starbucks. I am saying this for their own and other customers good. Sad

JLH is still in business, and I am happy for them, even if I don't think it's worth my food sensitivity risk. Most of the people who actually bother to eat in Chinatown are broken into various groups.

Blue collar early morning and white collars at noon. Tourists in throngs in the evening. Sports clubs fans also have a lot of choices inside Verizon Center. The owners don't have to curry favor with the residents who vary from low income to trust fund babies.

That accounts for the up-down type of business swing these restaurants get because you have to be able to cater to all the different potential customers. The ones that can't adjust are the ones who eventually shut down, but also because the rent lease is not cheap. So we saw even Starbucks did not renew their lease, nor Panera Bread, nor Tapa Spanish bar, nor Bed Bath & Beyond. Doing business in this area is rough also because of people who loiter whether the homeless or escort variety (late night on weekends).

Also millennials don't eat out as much or they also tend to flock to places based on whether or not their peers go there. Middle to lower income find the prices a bit high. $20 dinner prices for some decent Chinese food? Even at $14 the vegan food I received at Kowfee was pretty mediocre and the service was horrible.

I won't Yelp about this because I live in the area, and might already be a recognizable face, so it's safer to yelp about it here. I am a fervent supporter of small business, but you have to appreciate why people end up shopping at Walmart or eating at McDonalds.

The corporations DO offer their employees solid customer service training, and the prices are competitive. I would rather get my Chinese food fix buying some frozen Birds Eye or Indian Tasty Bite than go to a shop where the proprietor is giving me the stink eye, or adjusting her friendliness based on a sliding scale of how much I order and who I appear to be, or otherwise clearly broadcasting her love of money above all else.

You have better luck submitting a review to yelp. No one reads these reviews. And the editors if they are real people block your comments or wont show the address.

This comment was about the tarts my wife served us for dessert after dinner. The address is 748 6th Street NW, Washington, D.C. (close to Verizon Center). This little hole in the wall is located in Chinatown in D.C.

I am sure their hot food is worth a try. This comment was about the tarts my wife served us for dessert after dinner. The address is 748 6th Street NW, Washington, D.C. (close to Verizon Center).

This little hole in the wall is located in Chinatown in D.C. I am sure their hot food is worth a try. This comment was about the tarts my wife served us for dessert after dinner.

The address is 748 6th Street NW, Washington, D.C. (close to Verizon Center).

View more comments (2)
ID
Product
Joy Luck House Coconut Cake
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article