Josephs Appraisal Group Reviews

Show reviews that mention
jay josephs appraisal jay people appraiser josephs price real estate opinion appraisals
Filter review

Can't redeem cards on epic games and when I did one it didn't give me the credit

I want full refund. Did not get what I asked for and you guys disappointed two of my kids for me. Thanks for nothing
ID
#2319143 Review #2319143 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sacramento, California

Inaccurate reporting Unprofessional appraisal. Difficult to work with.

DO not trust this appraisal firm. They completed an appraisal on our property and royally messed it up!. Here are few of the mistakes they made(keep in mind the supervising appraiser looks everything over so this is not just one person who is unprofessional and detail challenged): They listed the property as having 1 less bedroom than it had--its not hard to count bedrooms which have closets and are on one side of the house away from the main public rooms (ridiculous!). They did not take the time to notice that the land was more than 1 parcel. Yes, that is right. One more time, "adults who can not seem to count to two!" Sad! The square footage was off by more than 100 Square Feet! (would you really want these people to appraise your property!). The listing price for the home they used was wrong! Please just take my word for this if you value money don't lose equity because of this company! Do not under any circumstance use this company!
Phoenix, Arizona

Appraisal by Jay Josephs in Phoenix, AZ

I was fortunate to have Jay Josephs fairly and accurately appraise my home in Phoenix after an unscrupulous buyer tried to continually cheat me. The buyer signed and agreed to a property price and of course with the rediculous laws in AZ this signed document meant nothing. The cash buyer then went on to have an appraisal done (not needed as it was a cash buy) with an appraiser who was ignorant to put it mildly. After receiveing the rediculously low appraisal my real estate agents contacted Jay Josephs who came, appraised the property, and despite a horrible financial loss, made the purchase price closer to reality. My experience with Jay Josephs was nothing less than professional, with national standards, accuracy, and in a timely manner. Watch out in wonderful AZ as it is full of ***'s and people who have terrible standards and ethics. Jay Josephs is one of the few people that has honor and truly wants to help people.
Josephs Appraisal Group House Selling Estimate
Good quality

This Takes The Cake!

I find it quite amusing that this review is on this site. Let me explain what I mean… I became aware of this review after talking to an associate of mine. So, I researched the review to verify the content. Said content, chain of events and conversation content, fit one of my transaction on a listing that I had this past April. I have a hard time with people falsifying their position to wrongly accuse someone of wrong doing. If this is indeed my listing purchase transaction, this “disgruntled Client” was not a client of JAG Appraisal. They did not pay $500.00 to JAG Appraisal . JAG was hired by the sellers side to perform a second appraisal when the first appraisal, ordered by the buyer, came in under 100k of the agreed purchase price. The purchase was in fact a CASH purchase, non contingent on lender financing, an appraisal was not warranted. It is my opinion that this person wanted to lowball the original agreed upon purchase price. To have the gall to write a fictitious review, stating that you were a client is misleading, unscrupulous and has the morals of a self serving cow. To screw with a persons livelihood, integrity and professional ethic is beyond my comprehension.

Thank you!!

wtf are you talking about ?

@PissedConsumer1328450

Smitty I needed to rebut a review that was not accurate. The said review claimed that Jag was employed by this person and was misleading.

Maybe I should have wrote in the comment section of the review, which I might do anyway.

But sometimes people don't read the comments. If you read "the review from 4/26/17, that is what I'm referring to.

View more comments (2)
ID

Jay Josephs is a scam artist who inflates appraisals by more than 100k if you are buying

Jay Josephs is an arrogant and disreputable appraiser. He does not comp houses correctly and will not discuss his reasons for how he arrives at an appraisal without becoming defensive. He actually hung up on me, but not until after bragging to me about what a big shot he is in Phoenix ( as if that's some claim to fame) and that I could ask any realtor and most, if not all, use him. If they use him, they do not have their clients' best interests as he will do what they want, collect his $500 fee, and then have his appraisal denied by a bank loan officer. If you want a good appraiser, find out who the banks that do the lending use. This guy should lose his license, and someday, someone will have been damaged enough by him to sue him and really take him down. Until then, he will continue ripping people off, since his appraisal will require clients to get a second, accurate one. Beware of this scheming scoundrel. He'd take candy from a baby and smile all the while. Disgusting.

Put a complaint in with the Department of Financial Institutions. Not that he hasn't been there multiple times but someday one complaint will stick.

Phoenix, Arizona
Josephs Appraisal Group Owner
Cons
  • Being lied to and treated rudely
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Jay charged with fraud

Short Review on August 13, 2016

Jay was off by $100,000 on my custom home.Lazy rude and incompetent. Please don't use him.You'll be sorry if you do
Glendale, Arizona
Pricing issue

Josephs Appraisal Group Estimate Review

Jay Joseph's appraisal is the worst in the business. He was over $200000 wrong on our luxury home.Our insurance company appraisal was $200000 more and our realtor agent who is number 1 in our area was appalled. This could be life changing for people. Please don't ever use this man.He is lazy and incompetent.
Glendale, Arizona
Josephs Appraisal Group Estimate
Pricing issue

Jay Josephs - Real Estate Appraiser

Is continuously brought up to the Arizona Board of Appraisal for problematic appraisals. Is a disgrace to the appraisal profession. A real estate appraiser is suppose to provide an unbiased, impartial and objective opinion of market value. Jay and his company Josephs Appraisal Group are notorious for having over-inflated market values and suspect appraisal reports that continuously come up in appraisal reviews. The behavior and actions exhibited over the years, his treatment of employees and former employees is appaling. For the many times that his name has appeared at the Arizona Appraisal Board under formal complaints it's a wonder why he is still in business.
#1320543

Do NOT use Jay Josephs group for appraisals. You will waste your money, time, and integrity.

Jay is the best. Call him yourself.

You will be impressed. This post clearly is from another appraiser or someone upset about a value.

Well respected, honest and great at what he does. Dave S.

#1320538
@PissedConsumer932193

Dave S., you ***. If another appraiser took the time to write the negative comment, it supports the case that Jay is a disreputable and incompetent appraiser.

If you like " good ole boys" who are arrogant and just not that bright, Jay is your man. Scam artist who thinks he's outsmarting everyone.

Your days as Mr. Bigshot appraiser are numbered, so save all that money you charged people for bogus appraisals.

I had opportunity to work with Jay Josephs. He did a residential appraisal.

I reviewed the appraisal myself and was disturbed to see the numerous errors it contained. Incorrect sq. footage used on comps, incorrect sales prices, comps having no relation to the subject property. All this so he could bring the appraisal in at an inflated value.

His appraisal came in almost 150K HIGHER than additional appraisals done on the property. I'm very familiar with real estate and appraisals.

I would never recommend his services and warn others to use another appraiser.

#1320540
@PissedConsumer663663

Same thing happened to me, but the appraisal came in 110k over that of an honest appraiser.

@PissedConsumer1320540

If you were a seller, why would it upset you to have the appraisal come in high? I'm confused

That review was clearly written by a disgruntled employee. I have had the pleasure of working with Jay for years. There is no better appraiser in Phoenix, period.

#1320541
@PissedConsumer460311

Gee, Jay, did you write that one yourself?

View more comments (7)
Tempe, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article