Lost my shopping cart

Was ordering a pair of blue cole haan shoes and had some money left on my gift card. At checkout the shopping cart disappeared.

Verified Reviewer

Lost my shopping cart

I lost my shopping cart at jos a bank. A pair of blue cole hann shoes on sale. I also have some gift card value left to complete the transaction.

User's recommendation: Be very detailed.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

Your website is terrible! The upper part is always in the way of what I want to view.

User's recommendation: Clean up the josabank website please.

Emmons, Minnesota

Website issue

I cannot place order says my computer says my zip Code is wrong clearance items have to be shipped. I have had stuff shipped before with this zip. I love your shirts
Sawyerville, Alabama

Insulting customer @ Jos A. Bank

Just before Christmas I bought several shirts, ties and various accessories along with a Sports Jacket. Wore the brand new jacket to my company holiday party where several people pointed out that the jacket was literally coming apart at the seams in the shoulders. Naturally I was embarrassed but I took off the jacket and kept on going. A few days later I returned the jacket intending to trade up to a better quality jacket and pay the difference in price. Worst case scenario I would get a refund. Well I showed the jacket to one of the shop clerks and was told that he could not do anything without a manager. He claimed to have 30 years in the apparel business as he pointed out that not only was the jacket defective, but that someone had apparently tried to fix it and didn't even use the proper color thread! Later that dau another clerk called to tell me that the manager approved my refund. I asked why this momentous decision couldn't have been made when I was at the store potentially saving me the 12 mile round trip. I was told that the problem never would have happened if I had inspected the jacket before I left the store! So there you have it folks. When you buy anything at Jos. A. Bank, be sure to do your own quality control inspection before leaving! I related this experience in a certified letter, copies of which I mailed to the CEO, CFO, SVP of retail operations and a few board members. And also to the store manager, Ken. I'd be interested to hear what the have to say and I will post it here when the time comes (if it comes). In summary, they sold me a defective jacket that caused me a bit of embarrassment. I returned to the store hoping to upgrade to a better jacket at my expense. That would have been a win win for me, the store, everyone. Instead, their actions caused them to lose a very good customer. When I returned the jacket, I was so angry that I also returned three unopened shirts and three brand new ties. Goodbye Jos. A. Bank, hello Men's Warehouse!

Maybe you ought to a study on some bugs before you call someone genius.

Your complaint couldn't get you killed.

Bugs in cans unfortunately are not all that uncommon, most are dead, but there ARE some alive.

Probably like the posionous one that bit me.

The last I checked, dead bug don't ***.

I was in a car, opened the drink. Bug. No other way it could have been there

Yes you should have been taken care of when you brought the jacket back. But in the stores defense, it's easy to let something like this slip through.

Truck

Pads of merchandise come in every week and to have some inspect. Every seam button etc.

is a bit much. Most of this stuff is made overseas and quality control is hard to enforce.

@PissedConsumer768780

Yes, it is hard to inspect every single item. However, its not the customer's job to do the store's quality inspection.

When he brought it back, the manager should have just apologized and given the refund right away rather than arguing. I mean, he did eventually give the refund, so why not let the customer leave happy and have him return?

You sound like someone who goes around with a chip on their shoulder just aching to find someone, somewhere to whine and complain about. They gave you a refund for a defective article and all you do is complain.

You expect too much and, of course whine far too often over something that was taken care of. Time to get your head out of your---

@John N Mzy

My point is, my complaint sheriff, is that I should have been taken care of the first visit without having to return. I also did not appreciate the insinuation that I had somehow tried to repair an obviously defective jacket as if I was trying to hide something.

Personal integrity is important to me. If you had any, you would understand.

@PissedConsumer768777

The point is that the original clerk did not have authority to service the customer's need. Okay so quality control is a tall order to do if you do it a truck load at a time.

How does this sound: inspect the suit with the customer at time of sale. Let's say, but I don't believe so, that Steve was trying to was trying to pull a fast one, SO WHAT? What did they accomplish other than loosing a customer? When companies do not allow every single employee to make the call they lose.

They tell me that they hire people they don't trust and make their people feel less important. If 30 years isn't qualification what is? At the very least if they are not allowed to decide they should have immediate access to someone who does.

It's not just the 12 miles, it's the time and aggravation involved.

Yes he did with a chip on his shoulder in the form of a poorly sewn seam. Very interested in knowing if corporate replied.

View more comments (5)
Old Bridge Township, New Jersey
Loss

Promised refund by Joseph A Banks

I have been told three times that Joseph A Banks have credited a refund to my MC account. three times, no refund. All over $18. Yes just $18 and total lies from them. Why do I need to write a hundred words. But if I must do you ever wonder about their day in day out sales. They are tiresome with their ads for 70% off, buy one get umpteen more for half off. how believable are their sales. This is nonsense why 100 words. Now you have to add yourselves to the list of people to be pissed off at. thank goodness 100 words
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article