Failure to issue refund

The Liquid lightning drain opener product from Jones Stephens Corp.states money back guarantee on packaging and I never got my money back from this company! I purchased 3 bottles to clear a clog. Company never responded to mail in refund requests, voice mails, or emails. False advertising for money back guarantee!
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Great product

I just used this product for the first time to unclog my kitchen sink drain. This product is phenomenal!! Having used Draino and Liquid Plumr in the past and not having much luck, I was a little skeptical. Once I poured it in the drain it took about 45 minutes to completely unclog a nasty, greasy kitchen drain. I would highly recommend this product!!!! If you are stuck with a badly clogged drain, this is your product. Give it a try.
Cranford, New Jersey
Reason of review
My sink is fixed.

Floweasy Drain Opener

I poured this drain product into standing water to clear a clog in my 1920s bathroom sink. I let it sit overnight to dissolve the clog. Nothing on the bottle suggested, much less warned that the product was not safe for enamel surfaces. After I got the plumber out to snake the drain (since the product didn't clear the clog), I discovered that this product had eaten away the enamel. Now the finish on my sink has been eaten away and has been replaced by grooves, as if I'd sandblasted it. I've used other drain products, like Liquid Plummr and Drain-O, without any damage to enamel before. I called the James Stephens Corporation to complain. All I was asking for was a refund. But the rep I spoke with didn't agree to give me a refund, and he told me a manager would call me the next day to talk to me about it. Of course, I never received a phone call or a letter. I've taken photos of the sink and I am going to send them to the company and ask that refund me for the product AND that they pay the $175 it will cost me to get the enamel resurfaced.

I used this stuff, followed directions carefully, and IT DIDN'T WORK! So now I have a totally clogged drain, full of water and sulfuric acid ...

so much for letting it sit for only 15 minutes! Something is happening, because the sink keeps burping,but the water level in the pipe isn't going down.

And the web site is no help, I tried FAQs and that didn't work any better than the drain cleaner. Never again!

#992053

i work in a hardware store and this stuff is suppose to be a knock of Liquid Fire (true Sulfuric acid) also known as battery acid, this will normally eat through hard grease and other odd things but what most people don't know is that if u have metal pipes it will eat through them as well most of the other drain cleaners are Lye base also known as sodium hydroxide it will eat through most orgainic material, we suggest that u don't use any drain cleaners use augers/pipe snakes and even those zip-its will work

exact same issue with product. discolored the drain plug and fitting, ate away the chrome

It is sulfuric acid based product. Draino and liquid plumber aren't.

Why would you leave drain cleaner sitting overnight? 1920's drains need to be professionally cleaned

#612080

The website (and package) are very clear:

DO NOT use on porcelain without covering in petroleum jelly first

DO NOT leave in the sink overnight( if ineffective after 15 minutes, bail out carefully and call the plumber)

I just read this 5 seconds ago, while I am waiting for the drain cleaner to do its thing. You are incorrect and unfair to blame the product for your inattention

The first time I tried this, it worked with no problems. I followed the instructions.

Second time, I followed the instructions - it hardly worked and it create *** in my pipe so that now it's leaking!

It does say that in the instructions to put a bucket underneath - I guess the company was just covering its butt because of the hole creation issue.

Now I will have to call a plumber to replace that piece of pipe! Sheesh.

I agree that the product is good. Not \"GREAT\" but good..The diections also state that to protect a special type of finish, just cover it with Vasaline.

i just used the product,as directed, on my bathroom sink. the first application did not clear drain and neither did the second application.

this is just another piece of *** product. however, this one costs $12.

i'll never buy it again and will let my friends and family know how it (dont)work.

#190972

People who cannot understand what they are reading are always going to complain that its someone elses fault instead of their own ignorance

It says in plain english on the bottle 'DO NOT LET SIT OVERNIGHT. ONLY USE FOR 15 MINUTES'.

The company can explain it to you but they can't understand it for you.

View more comments (12)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article