Brian H Cee

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Took my car to them and they did not repair it

John Hall Chevrolet body shop is a scam, this company tried to get over on me, while "repairing" my car they took the matters in their own hands to not repair my car so that they can pocket the rest of the money, then while I received the money back but they told me to take my car elsewhere to get it fixed, not to remind you, well who is going to pay for my rental so I can get it fixed elsewhere so to make a long story short, they did not give me my rental car reimbursement. They painted the rim that always suppose to be replaced and never was, a new quarter panel was suppose to be replaced and never was and a new door and also never was. Make sure when you take your car to these people, check you car before leaving.

User's recommendation: Don't trust them

Sheryl M Qeg
map-marker Daytona Beach, Florida

Charging for unnecessary work from elderly

Jon Hall Chevrolet - Charging for unnecessary work from elderly
Jon Hall Chevrolet - Charging for unnecessary work from elderly - Image 2

Took his Chevy Silverado in for air bag light to recieve a call that the computer needed to be changed and the cost of the part was $993

After receiving the print out that didn't show anything they said it because the computer need to be change

Well anyone would know if it did show on the scan it's because it had no power so i fix it myself for a $1.40 fuse !!!!! And guess what It Work's the airbag lights out and it just fine !!!

So it appears that John hall service lies and steels money from the elderly !!!! I will be going up there today for a full redound if the diagnostics charge of $110 because obviously they don't know how it works and I feel it's an appropriate apology ..: I will also be telling the BBB if there practice of well over charging the elderly !!!!!!

Preferred solution: I want refund

User's recommendation: Never go to John hall or check there diagnostics with certified staff before sowing them to lie and cheat elderly out of there money

Thomas J Pyz

Incompetence and thievery

Incompetence in every aspect of the service experience. ...charged me for rotating tires that was never done...called them on it and received no resolution. ..can't trust these incompetent thieves and have no trust that everything I paid for was even done

Loss:
Cons:
  • Untrustworthy

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Definitely go elsewhere

Linda H Pph

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Daytona Beach, Florida

Hoped for a great experience

Upon purchasing a vehicle, we were told the first two oil changes would be free. We took the car in for a second oil change, not so.

We were informed 2019 vehicles are entitled to 1 free oil change. The first payment was approaching the due date in 3 days, we’d not received a statement from the finance company. The sales person made promises to follow up. Did not follow up.

It is really sad that I am 59 and I have had contact with one honest car salesman, his name is Jeff with Toyota used cars. He’s probably retired by now. It is AWFUL that there isn’t a car dealership on planet earth that can be trusted. What is even sadder, the dealerships could care less about the opinions of those who have been hurt and taken advantaged of.

The consumer is asking for honesty and integrity. The car dealerships decisions are based on WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM.

What will place more money in their pocket. We were really hoping we could make JON HALL the place that we could call HOME for vehicle purchasing.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Local
Cons:
  • Untrustworthy

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I cannot in good consciousness recommend Jon Hall Chevrolet.

Guest

LOL. If you're 59, you know how this works.

Produce the piece of paper that says you get two free whatever and you're golden. If you did business on a word and a handshake, you're a fool who is too old for this. As far as the finance company, what does the dealer have to do with them?

You know when the note is due, how much it is and where to send it, get online and make a payment or mail a check rather than wait around like a nut for a statement. I think you're lying, only 70 year olds act like this...

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1836197

You may not agree, but there are people who actually still tell the truth.

View more comments (1)

Jon Hall Chevrolet - Customer Care Review

BUYER BEWARE, WORST experience ever buying a car and I have bought quite a few, they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to get you out the door knowing they are lying right to your face, AND THEIR SAYING PRICE IS OUT THE DOOR IS A TOTAL LIE. DON'T believe it or leave there without it in WRITING.

We still as of a month haven't gotten our paperwork that we signed when we bought the car after several calls. Took them a month to get our registration after about twenty calls then to find out we have to pay close to $700 because of it being out of state!!! WHICH WAS MY HUSBANDS VERY FIRST QUESTION BEFORE WE EVEN LOOKED AT THE CARS! AND THEN AGAIN IN THE FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT (WITH THEIR RESPONSE BEING OH NO NOT A PROBLEM WE SELL TO OUT OF STATE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.) THEN MY HUSBAND PROCESS TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE REGISTRATION ONCE AGAIN TO THE FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT AND THE FINANCE GUY TOLD US YOU WILL RECEIVE IT IN THE MAIL.

( NOT!! WE HAVE CALLED AND CALLED THE LAST MONTH ASKING WHERE IT IS? THEIR RESPONSE OH IT STILL IS NOT DONE!!!! AFTER I WAS PULLED OVER TWICE BY TWO DIFFERENT OFFICERS TELLING ME THAT MY CAR DOES NOT EVEN COME UP IN THE SYSTEM UNDER THE TAG THEY GAVE ME!

SO ONCE AGAIN I HAVE TO CALL THERE AND INSIST THEY TAKE CARE OF IT AS THE TAG I HAVE RUNS OUT IN FOUR DAYS! THEN WE GET A CALL TELLING US ITS TAKEN CARE OF AND WE CAN JUST GO TO THE DMV AND PICK IT UP. ONLY TO BE INFORMED WE OWE NEARLY $700 IN ORDER TO GET THE REGISTRATION!!! AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS AND NO RETURN CALLS FROM THE FINANCIAL DEPARTMENT WHERE WE WERE DIRECT TO AND TO WHOM WE WERE TOLD BEFORE WE WALKED OUT THE DOOR THAT EVERYTHING WAS DONE AND TAKEN CARE OF, DUE TO MY HUSBAND QUESTIONING ONCE AGAIN !

AND TOLD YOU ARE ALL SET. FINALLY MY HUSBAND GOT THE MANGER TO WHOM INFORMED MY HUSBAND OUT THE DOOR DOSE NOT INCLUDE YOUR TAX,TAG AND REGISTRATION! FUNNY IT HAS AT EVERY OTHER DEALERSHIP! NOT TO MENTION HOW RUDE HE WAS!

) JUST DAYS FROM A MONTH. THEN THERE IS SOMETHING VERY FISHY ABOUT THIS CAR DEALERSHIP ANYWAY I HAVE NEVER LEFT WHERE THEY DIDN'T MAKE SURE YOU HAD INSURANCE ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE YOU LEFT THE LOT! DON'T EXPECT ANY OF THEM TO RETURN PHONE CALLS EITHER AND AS FOR THE MANAGER HE'S A JOKE!

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS STORY!!! PLEASE PLEASE BEWARE!!!

Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Dont buy from Jon hall Chevrolet

I made the giant mistake of buying a car from him hall Chevy.it was a cruise.I didn't notice the hail damage till 2days later.it was raining and it was a black metallic flake color.I immediately took it back.(they sell hail damaged card on there lot?really? this isn't a buy here/pay here lot,hmmm..and their detailer is blind!? Nah,they purposely tried to rip me off.anyway,since I had meo other car to drive the 30 miles home,I traded THAT car(after they insinuated I caused the hail damage i nice *** bags huh?I drove home in a kia forte agreeing to pay them MORE money the following Monday.of course it was wayyyy too much to pate on top of what I already paid for the used cruise.Ieft them a msg to that effect.Monday morning I get a very nasty ride call from I think was Robertoffle,or tt

ddwhoever us their currect used sales mgr threatening to call the police and come to my house and repo my car!!to get these pigs out of my life I paid them less than we AGREED" on

Guest

Jon Hall Chevrolet is one of the biggest car dealers in the southeast, meaning they do more business than many other dealerships in multiple states. I wonder how they got there if they are so very terrible?

Just saying. I thought they were pleasant.

Guest

Jon hall Chevrolet is infamous for high sales pressure,lies

And pure deceit.checked em out on the BBB.ill be buying from ANY

Other Chevy dealer.

Guest

"their detailer is blind"

You must be blind, you didn't see it and drove away.

Yasin Nfe

I can guarantee I went over the Kia I wound up getting from with a flashlight inspecting every single centimeter of the exterior,interior and engine bay.clean Carfax means nothing.you MUST also check that the glass is all eom.also they're required by law to inform you if it was in A rental fleet,but do they?uh.NOPE.and guess what? That doesn't show up on the (mostly useless) Carfax.I WOULD happily send my worst enemy to Jon hall Chevy.see? There's a positive side to everything.

Guest

yea,you CAN actually blame them.you must be a used car salesman.

anyway,they try to blame ME?! Then threaten to call the cops?!

Tell ya what,YOU buy a car from the *** at Jon hall.even they admitted the damage was hard to see.either no detailer,or he's blind.or,they simply put it out hoping no one would notice.once again,this is not a buy here lot of hoopties.allegedly,one of biggest Chevy dealers in the southeast.I really DON'T appreciate any car dealership threatening to call cops on me.NOT COOL.

Kamilah Iou

It's up to the consumer to inspect a car prior to purchase, and maybe even have a mechanic take a peek before signing on the dotted line. Can't blame them if you failed to look at the car properly before you bought it.

Yasin Nfe

in summation,if YOU like MASSIVE high sales pressure salesman like christopher brugna selling you damaged cars,threats from sales managers,lies and deception shop jon hall Chevy,daytona bch Fla.I will continue to warn EVERYONE online and in person NOT to buy from these "people". :(

Yasin Nfe

VERY hard to type on a phone.to complete my above complaint i filed complaints with the bbb.they told me jon hall already has an f rating.and 1800 gmc just got me a :( pologies

View more comments (7)
map-marker Daytona Beach, Florida

Jon Hall is a bunch of liars

Bought a 2008 Equinox from Jon Hall in June and was told it was a certified vehicle and came with 12 months of free oil changes and a 3 year, 30,000 mile certified warranty. We took it to a dealer here in Riverview for service and come to find out it wasn't certified nor was it eligble to be a certified vehicle.

We asked the salesman Big Mike and the used car manager and they insisted it was certified when we purchased it. We asked if we had to bring it back to them and was told we could take it to any dealer because it was certified. After finding out we got duped we had to haggle with Jon Hall to get the car serviced.

We had an 8:30 appointment and they didn't approve the repairs unitl 2:15. We will never do business with Jon Hall Again

Guest

They screwed me out of 10,000 dollars and when I complained Mr Kelly the General Manager said it's OK to lie and cheat people, every one dose it. What a despicable peice of ***.

lilo W
map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Jon Hall Chevrolet Daytona Beach Florida totally messed my headliner!

Jon Hall Chevrolet Daytona Beach Florida totally messed my headliner!
Jon Hall Chevrolet Daytona Beach Florida totally messed my headliner! - Image 2

Dummy that I am crashed my roof and totaled my windshield by either not letting automatic garage door open properly, or it came back down, thus had to pay $500 deductible and let them take my car to be repaired. Insurance company thought Jon Hall reliable.

I made the *** mistake of asking Jon Hall to also carefully fix the headliner that had a few minor wrinkles in it since they had to remove it anyway to pound out roof and put in new windshield. The mess I am left with is horrendous. They left great big sagging wrinkles in it, and say that it's not their fault since I admitted there were already sags in my headliner!

All they do now is lie to any Better Business Bureau or other consumer complaints I make!

Good ole GM..... and Mr.

Goodwrench.

No wonder they went bankrupt.... and will eventually go out of business forever!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article