Johnson Dodge sold me a certified pre-owned piece of junk!

I purchased a "certified" pre-owned Dodge Caravan from Johnson Dodge in Hackettstown. It had hesitation problems from the beginning. They claimed that they couldn't detect a problem after bringing it in seven times. The catalytic converter went, the sway bar bushings twice in just 12 months, and the dashboard needed to be replaced because the speedometer blew. I have contacted corporate and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Why do they say that the car is "Certified Pre-Owned?" Is it certified to be a piece of junk? To add insult to injury, they have been rude in customer service and condenscending when I have asked that they stand by their vehicle. Do not buy anything from them, you will certainly regret it.

I myself have bought a "CP" truck, Dodge Ram. Everything was fine the first 6 months.

Then the Heads Cracked, they fixed them, still under warranty. 12 days later the same thing, fixed again. 2 months later, SAME thing. I a 3 month period I drove a rental more then my own truck.

After the third time, I decided it was enough. Come to find out it was the block that was warphed making the heads crack. Chrysler did not want to fix the Block, so I traded it in on a 2008 Hyandi Santa Fe. Brand new.

In my opion all vehicles have good ones and bad. I just happened to get a bad one. I had a 1999 Dodge Durango before the Ram. Transmission went out of it, famous for that.

I will by a Dodge again.

No doubt. But for now I love my Santa Fe.

ID
Plainsboro, New Jersey

About

Summary

Johnson Dodge is an auto dealership company that is located in Budd Lake, NJ. The company serves a number of surround areas: Morris County, Essex County, Bergen County, Warren County, Sussex County, Union County, Passaic County, Middlesex County, and Hudson County, as well as the surrounding areas of Somerset County, Salem County, Ocean County, Monmouth County, Mercer County, and much more. Johnson Dodge offers new as well as used inventory of such makes as Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Chrysler. There are cars, trucks, SUVs available. And virtually any manufacture is possible. Johnson Dodge also offers Parts as Services, as well as financial programs to its customers.

Johnson Dodge reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article