Resolved: Reeves Rentals - Reeves Realty - Slumlords - Slum Land Lords - *** - Scam - Ripoff - Property Nightmare - Unlivable Homes - Uninhabitable Homes - Mobile Al - Mobile Alabama - Reeves Mobile Al

Update by user May 13, 2015

Congrats to Reeves for addressing the issues with my property!

Original review posted by user May 01, 2015
Reeves Rentals aka Reeves Realty managed / owned by John & Martha Reeves rented an unlivable home to my wife and I. 3 of 6 units (in 4 homes) on the property are occupied by homeless persons / squatters. Tons of trash left in our home which was previously occupied by a squatter who turned the utilities on and stayed in the home to use the address to have drugs delivered to the mailbox. When we went to move the trash, Martha Reeves told us that we were "being unreasonable" and "should have called to ask permission to remove the trash." Martha Reeves claimed that squatter who lives next door is a "good renter" and told us that "since they have been here on their own for so long they don't want anyone else here" nearly 2 months after we had already moved in. Plumbing backing up into yard for weeks. Plumbing problems in all 4 homes on the property makes the entire place smell like raw sewage outside. Mold in over half the house due to leaking roof not immediately evident since it had been painted over. Each time it rains and / or gets a hard wind the power flickers and / or goes out. Home came with no appliances, no A/C, no refrigerator, no stove, no microwave. Drawers in kitchen are falling apart. Stairs at entrance are caving in. Laminate / linoleum coming up everywhere. Window panes falling out. Holes in floor in multiple rooms leading to the outside. Had to board up entire house due to improper insulation, windows falling out, and multiple homeless persons who also occupy property. Martha Reeves claimed that all these issues would be addressed and nothing has been done. This company harasses, threatens, and does everything it can do to make paying tenants miserable and feel unwelcome. Nightmare from day 1. Super rude, arrogant property managers make a living from dealing with ignorant people. Paid first month's rent, last month's rent, half a month's prorated rent, security deposit, pet deposit, two application fees, and a processing fee. This company is run by liars and thieves. Reeves attempts to use its office staff to do a lot of its dirty work. The entire place is a scam / *** from top to bottom. Reeves Rentals aka Reeves Realty are slum lords. They rent properties which should be condemned and then demand money.

I rented a property from them,they charged me three times the regular deposit,when I looked at the house it was filthy and in disrepair but they assured me it would be clean and fixed by our move in date.It wasn't and when I told them we no longer wanted the home because of the condition it was in I was told we would lose our almost $4000 deposit.I have children and couldn't afford to lose that money so we moved into a home that we had to clean,have treated for roaches and fleas,there was drug paraphernalia in the home and food in the fridge,rotten siding,two broken windows,bad flooring in the bathrooms,kitchen and living room,the dishwasher didn't work and both showers not only drip badly ( master shower filled a 5 gallon bucket in under an hour) but both leak under the showers and onto the floor when showering,found there had been multiple roof leaks just painted over and master bathroom sink didn't work. Reported all of the issues but none have been fixed.We made several repairs ourselves for the safety of our children and our comfort (loose carpet on stairs,electrical issues,cleaning an overgrown and trash filled yard,ac and heating problem,fixing toilets ect..) before we moved the property was cleaned top to bottom,repainted,tubs and showers caulked,carpets shampooed,yard cleaned but I have yet to receive any deposit back. Beware of this company!

Can I get a way to contact you to ask you more about the problems you've faced I'm pretty *** sure I'm looking at the exact building you were complaining about and I want to know more about the neighbours and how they "Fixed" your problems.

My email is farseerbrian@***.com

My phone number is (251) 229 ****

View more comments (1)
Resolved
ID
San Jose, California
Cons
  • Apartments for rent mobile al
  • Mobile alabama rentals
  • Rental homes mobile al
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article