Verified Reviewer

No return call

We rented the house two houses down from my family's house. We like to be close. We packed up and left our rented house but stayed at my parents' house the remainder of the day. About an hour after leaving, my daughter remembered her fitbit and head phones under the pillow. We ran back over but the cleaners had been and gone and her items were not anywhere to be found. We have called multiple times since Saturday and it is Monday now. No return call from the woman who is supposed to be in charge of lost and found.

User's recommendation: Don't leave anything behind because they don't care.

Preferred solution
I would like my daughter's items returned.

Verified Reviewer

Horrible Experience with Joe Lamb & Associates

Update by user Sep 06, 2020

This issue has not been addressed by Joe Lamb. We received an email indicating we would be receiving a call. We never received a call of resolution to this issue.

Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2020
BEWARE - Review of Joe Lamb Jr &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Associates in Outer Banks North Carolina We stayed at the Tides Inn (212) - very disappointed The following was submitted to the standard Joe Lamb email survey and multiple emails were sent to the staff without any response or acknowledgement. Of course this review is not posted on the Joe Lamb website because. The unit master bedroom bathroom was clearly either not cleaned at all, or not cleaned very well. Upon our arrival the shower in the master bedroom had a long women's hair hanging on the wall of the shower and used soap still in the bath tub ledge. We were immediately uncomfortable and concerned about what else may have been missed that is not visible. We arrived early at the house at 11am to beat the traffic and the cleaners finished sometime before 11am. We know this because we could look through windows. So obviously there was not a deep cleaning unless they started before the previous renters left. Needless to say we were horrified and disappointed. And to think that we are in a once in a hundred year pandemic is mind boggling how this can happen. Is there no quality control? We were not comfortable in the unit knowing it was not properly cleaned and are concerned about the virus. If we had an option to leave on Sunday we would have if there was another option. The second major problem was the Wifi did not work. Multiple people staying were counting on that for work purposes. Our daughter is a teacher and had to be able to be on line at 8 Monday morning. She was panicked and had to call multiple people to arrange coverage. Needless to say her vacation started out not as planned. It took two days to resolve. Other factors that contribute to our disappointment and dissatisfaction was the door on the upper level did not close, an old moldy soap dispenser was left in one of the bathrooms and was used and discovered by one of our guests. We have pictures to document these issues. Owners should be required to make basic upgrades each year to justify the rates they charge;i.e. new shower curtain liners. We understand that human error is possible with anything, but given we are in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic, this is really unacceptable and would be the last thing to expect.
ID
#2092446 Review #2092446 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Lots of rental properties
Cons
  • Horrible experience with joe lamb
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Awful Place #195

Entrance was from the neighbors driveway. Had ask them to back their car up so we could get to stairs. Had to walk in main busy street just to get to neighbors driveway. Floors were dirty with dirt, sand and dried food. Rotten food in cabinets. No WiFi as advertised. Managements response to all the dirt and rotten food was; that was contracted out and I should contact those people. As far as the WiFi problem, that was the cable company and it would take 1-2 weeks for them to respond. Therefor no WiFi. This was our forth unit rented with Joe Lamb and our last.
Currituck, North Carolina
Service
Joe Lamb Jr And Associates Cottage Rental
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Joe Lamb Jr Realty, Vacation home

My family and I love the OBX, but had a really bad experience when using Joe Lamb Jr Realty. Here is our story and their response. THE VACATION On our arrival the front door would not open, the floors were covered with dirt and sand, mold growing around the tub and hair in it, dishes in the kitchen were put away dirty, food still stuck on plates, utensils and cups. On our second day we found the grass/weeds were growing higher than the swings around the property, the pool had debris in it. I called and spoke with Susan Pruitt about the issues and was told she will send someone out to take care of everything. On the third day a crew showed up and started cutting the grass/weed. The cuttings from the grass and weeds were blown all over our vehicles and blown all over the family, myself included while enjoying the pool area. I called Susan while the crew was there and explained what happened, emphasizing that the pool was full of cuttings and debris. She said she would call me back. I didn't hear back from her, so after a few hours I called her back. Susan said that she spoke with the crew that cut the grass and they said they cleaned the pool. She was also going to send an inspector out to survey the property. Susan called back and asked us to meet the inspector. After stopping our vacation to meet the inspector, he took pictures of different things and talked about what our issues are. The pool had a thick ring around the water line where the debris had gathered. The inspector even stated that this shouldn't be acceptable. A couple hours later Susan called back. She said she could send a cleaning crew to clean the bathrooms but we would have to be present and the pool crew would come the next day. I declined the cleaning crew (we already cleaned enough to use the house) would prefer the pool crew to come that evening. On the fourth day the pool crew supposedly came and cleaned the pool, but there still was a thick ring around the pool wall and debris in the pool. I was too upset to call back. My husband went out and cleaned the pool enough so we could enjoy it. On our last day I can tell you that the property was left cleaner than how we arrived. We asked for a partial refund. THE RESPONSE Hi Donna Kim has received a response from the owner of #329, Dad's Place, and in this instance, they were not willing to offer a refund to you. Joe Lamb, Jr. & Associates, Inc. however, would like to offer you $100 refund for the inconvenience to you including time spent cleaning and your cooperation with our inspection process. If you choose to accept this offer, I will email a release for you to sign and return. Upon receipt, a check will be mailed to you. I look forward to hearing from you. Susan Pruitt Joe Lamb, Jr. & Associates, Inc 1-80*-552-**** or 252-261-****

So your main problem was the pool area ? The pool area ?

The pool ?

I guess everything was fine with the ocean ? Or maybe that's not what you came for ...

For the amount of money paid, things should have been nicer. I have stayed in other rental cottages on the Outer Banks and they were all incredibly clean and well-kept. Unfortunately, our house in Duck left us questioning the cleaning practices of the rental agency. Let me also note, that many of the issues were not the home owners fault. The rental house was obviously loved by its owners. The issues we had were with how it was managed.

First, I am very uneasy about a rental agency that asks those leaving to sweep, shake out rugs, clean appliances, and make sure the trash is taken out to the curb. I am all for leaving things in good shape, but I do not feel good about using appliances that I am not sure have been cleaned by a professional. It makes me question the credibility of the entire home cleaning. Did someone really clean the bathroom? Second, there was a lot of dust. Dust stuck to the walls, on the items around the home, and on light fixtures. There was no vent in the return duct, either. Sneezing was definitely an issue. The beds were also a problem. At least two of the bed frames were missing castings. As a result, one mattress titled downward and you felt like were falling off it all night and another (in a child's bedroom) tilted so badly to the side that an adult fell and pinned her ankle. In addition, the mattresses need replacing. In one case, it appeared that the "mattress" on a bunk bed was really just a piece of plywood wrapped in batting.

Please know that I do not expect a five star home, but I do expect a home that I rent to be cleaned appropriately.

My parents had an older cottage on the oceanfront in Kitty Hawk when we were growing up. It was very basic, but we had the same repeat families each year.

When they checked out many made their reservation for the next year.

Our success was based on 1) very reasonable price 2) we had a good company renting it and keeping it clean and maintained. it's as simple as that!

I have rented from Joe lamb for the last 4 years and very pleased with the service. However, it's a nightmare in the parking lot checking in and out.

Not enough parking spaces to accommodate everyone checking in at 4:00. Also, I'm concerned with the cleaning crews he has.

Towards the end of the summer they never clean under the furniture. Large accumulation of sand that I have to get up myself and bedspreads are always dirty.

I have heard many complaints about Lamb, I have always used stan White & have been pleased with their services

My sister and I have been renting from Joe Lamb for eight years now and they have been more than accommodating. In fact this spring when car trouble forced us to stay an extra week they were very helpful getting us a last minute rental for that week and even knocked off the $300.00 deposit so it would fit into our budget. I have no qualms about renting from them

Similar experience here. Home looked good online.

Business conducted prior to arrival was up to par. Upon arrival, home was outdated and far from what we saw online. Not to mention, dirty and rundown.

We did call but received similar follow up as described in other reviews. We will not use them again.

Just rented from Joe Lamb Jr and was quite disappointed with the property - #320 Beach Retreat in S. Nags Head.

Absolutely no reply from them upon giving them an in-depth review at their request. Will not be using them again for not trying to make any amends.

We rented from Joe Lamb Jr in July 2011. We were very happy with the serviced they provided.

Our Washer broke on our second day there.

They send someone immediately. The washer couldn't be fixed and was replaced with a new one within hours!

I was really considering on using this realty but there are too many negatives to overlook. I know you cant please everyone and that there might be a negative comment or two but this is nuts.

I'm so glad that I've done my research before making any type of commitments.

I love the OBX and would hate to have a horrible experience because of a bad realtor. Thanks for the warning.

View more comments (10)
ID
#206720 Review #206720 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chicago, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article