JNG Burlington Properties - Poor Management

I rented from this company in Burlington, Vermont when I first moved into town. Previously I lived out of town but as any Vermonter knows, commuting into town can be tough in the middle of winter. I rented from this company for roughly 9 months until I found a safer place. This rental was on a side street right downtown. The rent was higher but the place was beat up. During the summer, drunk men would lie on the porch until my boyfriend chased them away. The apartment had a stand up shower but it was moldy. I tried desperately to keep it clean and when I asked the owner, he simply painted over it. It grew back! The apartment had parking instead of parking on the street but unfortunately, neighbors would sometimes block my car and park illegally in our small lot or half-way on the street, still blocking us. There were a lot of alcoholics and drug dealers on the street, which I thankfully did not encounter but heard about. When I got ready to move, I had to break my contract. The owner made me pay for the end of the lease (2 more months) even though he rented it out to his friend a week later, who turned out to be a big drug dealer selling to all the college kids down the street from UVM. This is just one of the main slum landlords in Burlington. The place is crawling with them. UVM has finally built nice housing for students. It is not enough but it definitely has helped. However, for anyone else living in Burlington, you don't have many options.
ID
Burlington, Vermont
Service
Jng Burlington Properties Apartment Rental
Cons
  • Unprofessional
  • Drug dealers nearby
  • Bad service
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article