Still waiting on Pics after 3 months

1/10/2014 I hired Jennifer Mooney from JAM Photography to do newborn shoot. I purchased the “Must Have Package” that came with 10 Color and 10 B&W photos for 150 plus a 200 sitting fee= 350.00. 4/23 I completed the first location of our newborn shoot. I was shocked to see how dirty her "studio" was and found myself using wet wipes after wet wipes to disinfect everything the baby touched. And kept her bundlep in the blanket I brought her to keep her from touching Immediately following the shoot Jen tells me that we are to pay the remainder balance of the photo package before she proofs them. I begin to pay he 150.00 balance and Jen informs me that she has raised her pricing and that package is not 250.00. I explained to Jen that I was never informed of the prices raising and that I had a contract for 150.00. She tells me that those were last year’s prices and that she would do me a favor and give me 50.00 off but the lowest she would go is 200.00. When I asked her why I was never informed of the changes she tells me it was updated on her website. At that point I asked Jen to please email me the new pricing so I could discuss this with my husband and informed her we may no longer want to use her if the cost was higher. Jen informed me that the sitting fee was not refundable per her contract. We decide to go thru with photo session based on this agianst our better judgement. 5/4 we met at rock beach for the final photo shoot.We were supposed to meet early at her house to do Daddy and meet pics and finish the mommy pics but Jen moved time to 4 30pm bc she needed to sleep. Said she was tired from working the night shift at her other job. Once we arrived at Rock beach Jen informed us that she had another client coming out as well. That we would be sharing our session with them. This caused extreme frustration on our part bc we drove an hour for this shoot and were already concerned that we wouldn’t have enough time to get shoot completed. We were then told that we were going to hike down a trail that was roughly a mile long to get to the spot where we’d be shooting. I was not please bc we had a newborn, lots of clothing for the shoot and was not prepared to walk a mile. We walked thru the trail and ended at the edge of a clift and was then told we were going to climb down a ladder to the beach. She actually had us take a newborn down a 12 foot ladder one handed to get better shots.. This is something she should tell clients in advance. I would have never agreed to this spot if she had. At that point the sun was close to setting. We took a few family shots then had to wait 40 mins for her to finish with the other couple. At this point bugs started to get bad and we could not finish our shoot. We had to leave due to the amount of mosquitoes swarming the baby. On 6/17 I paid her the remainder 214.00(she added tax) against my better judgement but I just wanted this ordeal to be over with. Since then I have made several attempts to contact Jennifer to get our photos. She tells me everytime that shes not finnished editing and im bothering her. And that if i continue to call her she will delete my photos. Its been almost 3 months since I paid her in full and still no photos. At this time no pictures have been delivered. Jennifer threatened to delete my photos on many occasions and used something as important as my newborns memories to manipulate me into paying more money out against my better judgment. It’s been a horrible experience and she should not be in business. I am reporting her to BBB to ensure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Here's a link to other complaints against Jennifer Mooney, JAM Photography, JAM Photographie, J.A.M Photography, J.A.M Photography. No matter how you spell it, the results are the same: BAD!

Oops - here's the link:

@PissedConsumer895950

Oops - here's the link: http://jam-photographie.pissedconsumer.com/jam-photographie-jam-photography-very-unprofessional-disappointing-201210****2087.html

@PissedConsumer895950

Yes she is def horrible to deal with! After 6 months of battling with her I ended up getting a lawyer involved and that finally resulted in getting my photos.

I am happy to finally have then but they certainly lost their luster after all this frustration. On a good note I never have to deal with her again! I did however find an awesome photopher that I would highly recommend Amanda woody from Amanda Joan photography in st. Augustine was amazing!

Well needed after all the hassle I had from Jennifer!

Amanda was professional, friendly and got my pics to me with in 5 days of the session! Oh and a fraction of the cost!!!

I'm so sorry but, it sounds like you had the exact same experience a LOT of other people had when dealing with Jennifer. There are multiple other complaints on here under her "business" name: JAM Photographie.

Evidently, she uses JAM Photography, JAM Photographie, J.A.M. Photography, J.A.M. Photographie.

Highly unprofessional, constant delays, rescheduling, canceling, bait & switch on price, holding the pics hostage... Unfortunately, that's her M.O.

View more comments (4)
ID
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article