Rude support, bad information, and does not accept criticism

I joined Jennifer Allwood's Inner Circle for $47 a month in September 2020 because I wanted to get some help with my social media and Instagram presence. She is supposed to be an expert with a large following so I thought I could learn something from her and the monthly price was not excessive. I was in the group for 2 weeks and was kicked out because the admin didn't think I fit their 'carefully curated group profile' (her words). I had sent 3 emails to them during the two weeks and had participated in the group's facebook community: The fist email requested clarification of the time zone for the weekly Wednesday calls as it wasn't posted. The second email was to comment on the program pricing she offered in the group since the multi-pay option was much more than the single pay, which is illegal. Now I know Jennifer Allwood does not have a business background, and I do, so I was letting her know that she could be fined and penalized for charging too much as a finance charge on her package. The third email was a comment in a talk Jennifer gave about using others' content and that it could just be 'tweaked' to avoid copyright infringement. Not only is this wrong advice, it is illegal and unethical, and it can result in very expensive copyright infringement legal action. Jennifer's team thanked me for the first email, admitting that the missing time zone was an oversight. I got no reply to the second email and the third email must have ruffled a few feathers (I am currently dealing with the theft of IP and copyright infringement by Christine Kane of Uplevel You, also the author of Soul Sourced Entrepreneur), because they refunded my $47 payment for the month and then I got an email saying that I didn't meet their 'carefully curated group criteria' and I was no longer welcome. Now they have the right to curate their group as they see fit but I wasn't overly critical or unprofessional, I just stated facts. I guess Jennifer is only comfortable with people she thinks she can moderate or control. Oddly enough, I saw complaints in the facebook community but I see no complaints about her on the internet. My opinion of Jennifer Allwood is that she's all bluff and no substance, her knowledge of business is negligible, she is capricious and likes to think she's 'in the know' when it comes to social media. She should stick with what she knows, faux painting and home decorating, and leave business consulting and coaching to more professional advisors.

User's recommendation: Not worth the time or effort, you won't learn much and her info is sketchy at best. Plus she gives bad advice that could get you in legal trouble.

ID
Greensboro, North Carolina
Product
Jennifer Allwood The Creators Inner Circle Course

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article