Do NOT buy from Jake Alexander Auto Sales

I bought a 2003 BMW 325i from Jake Alexander Auto Sales in Salisbury NC back in September. The car had relatively low miles at 111k. I was told there were no issues with this car. I was even told by the owner, Steven McCullough, that Randy Hall Automotive had done a thorough check up of this car before he sold it to me. Randy says he NEVER saw the car before I brought it to him for repairs within a month of purchase. The first weekend I had issues with the car. I called Steven and he said to take it to Randy Hall which I did. Randy did a bunch of work on the car...replaced some things including the brakes and then it seemed ok. Then I took it to Jerry's Texaco for it to pass inspection which it wouldn't pass because the rear tire was split. So a new tired was put on it. At this point Steven has covered the repair costs since I told him from the beginning that I had issues. He told me numerous times, "We will take care of you". A couple weeks later I had more issues. It wouldn't drive when I switched the car from reverse to drive. I would have to do this several times before the drive would engage. Steven then gave me a loaner car and sent mine to a friend of his who works on BMWs. "Peter" replaced a sensor and some hoses. He also told me my car may possibly need a new transmission when he noticed how the car wouldn't shift into drive from reverse. I also had it checked out at a transmission shop and they say it will probably need a new transmission. I panicked as I bought it in good faith because of what awesome condition the car and how it had been thoroughly checked out by Randy Hall Automotive Salisbury according to Steven. I have had nothing but issues with this car from the beginning which are noted by the dealership because I've been by there and called many times with these issues. I went with my boyfriend to a Christmas party this past Saturday night and we got less than one mile from my house and the car felt like it wasn't getting gas. RPMs showed down and wouldn't accelerate. We turned around and took it back home and got his truck instead. Sunday morning I was on my way to Peter's to let him check it out since he works on BMWs and it cut off and left me stranded on the side of the road. We finally were able to get the car home but now I am facing a new transmission. I honestly feel like they knew there were issues with this car when they sold it to me!!! I have contacted Action 9, WBTV and consumer division of the NC State Attorney's office and the BBB.

I have had nothing but problems with my car I bought there in march of last year. I was told by Steve, I think that is his name, that everything under the hood was new.

From the first day, I had problems. I had no heat, couldn't use air for the loud shining under the hood. I called the car lot, and the man said.Tell me something how come you haven't complained before now? Then I had the heater core cleaned.

More loud noises under the hood. Took it to a mechanic who said, you need a new belt. Still having loud noises, and warning lights come on everyday, saying,Check your charging system.

I now have to see if it needs alternator And water pump. Would never shop there again

UPDATE: The company refuses to return my calls! They've also refused contact from the BBB.

View more comments (1)
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Full refund

Do not buy from this dealer!

I bought a 2003 BMW 325i from Jake Alexander Auto Sales in Salisbury NC back in September. The car had relatively low miles at 111k. I was told there were no issues with this car. I was even told by the owner, Steven McCullough, that Randy Hall Automotive had done a thorough check up of this car before he sold it to me. Randy says he never saw the car before I brought it to him for repairs within a month of purchase. The first weekend I had issues with the car. I called Steven and he said to take it to Randy Hall which I did. Randy did a bunch of work on the car...replaced some things including the brakes and then it seemed ok. At this point Steven has covered the repair costs since I told him from the beginning that I had issues. He told me numerous times, "We will take care of you". A couple weeks later I had more issues. The car wouldn't shift from Reverse to Drive...Steve then gave me a loaner car and sent mine to a friend of his who works on BMWs. "Peter" replaced a sensor and some hoses. He also told me my car may possibly need a new transmission. An independent transmission guy told me that same thing!!!! I panicked as I bought it in good faith because of what awesome condition the car was in according to Steven. I have had nothing but issues with this car from the beginning which are noted by the dealership because I've been by there and called many times with these issues. I went with my boyfriend to a Christmas party this past Saturday night and we got less than one mile from my house and the car felt like it wasn't getting gas. It slowed and RPMs went way down several times. We turned around and took it back home and got his truck instead. Yesterday I was on my way to Peter's to let him check it out since he works on BMWs and it cut off and left me stranded on the side of the road. I will never go back and I will tell everyone I know to avoid this dealership. I feel Steven KNEW this car was a bad one when he sold it to me!!
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Full refund

Steve McCullough @ Jake Alexander Auto Sales, INC Salisbury, NC

I purchased a 2003 Land Rover Discovery II HSE that I was led to believe was a reliable vehicle. After having 2 "in town" auto services inspect the vehicle as well as the actual Land Rover Dealership, they all found many things wrong with it. Some issues should have never passed inspection like, the wiper blades and front/rear bulbs that were burned out. He refuses to pay for any repairs. I asked him for my $1000 downpayment back -but he only wanted to trade me into another one of his lemon vehicles. I only visited his dealership for the Land Rover not any other vehicle, so it was devastating to me to "settle" for something else. I had trust issues with him as it was. The same evening I purchased the vehicle it ran out of gas a quarter of a mile up the road- I contacted him to see if he could bring gas, but he had already left for that evening. My issues started from the first day of the purchase. I never knew what I was actually in store for. I want him to take responsiblity for his misleading, unethical actions. I also want him to at least refund my $1000 downpayment back. I have contacted Action 9 news as well as the Better Business Bureau. He is unwilling to make a bad situation better- I only expected him to make the proper repairs and let it me be on my way, but he refuses.

:grin :grin :grin :grin You never say the word Land Rover and reliable vehicle together. These two never go together. !!!!!

@PissedConsumer644837

Interesting that someone thought my complaint was Bull- I clicked on the tab myself and made it (2) so FYI it means nothing. For the record I learned that these vehicles have had issues attached to them.

The sad point of this matter is business should be ethical not misleading- Considering I am a Business Major. I also learned later that other people have had the same problems with his establishment- He wont last long here in Salisbury- So I give him about 6 months if that to make ANYMORE unethical dealings before he gets it from a man! I happen to be a lady- so I took different approaches to handle him!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my complaint- Glad to know people actually visit this site. :zzz

View more comments (1)
Salisbury, North Carolina

About

Summary

Jake Alexander Auto Sales Inc. is a family-owned company that sells a wide range of used cars, trucks, and AWD-vehicles. The firm was founded in 2010 in Salisbury, North Carolina. Prices for Jake Alexander’s pre-owned vehicles vary from 5 000 to 20 000 dollars. Jake Alexander Auto Sales partners with various financing firms to assist its potential clients with financial matters of their purchase. Credit application form is available online

Jake Alexander Auto Sales reviews and complaints

Jake Alexander Auto Sales is ranked 251 out of 4361 in Dealers category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article