Verified Reviewer

Company Has Made Zero Effort To Make Things Right

Update by user Nov 15, 2020

Shortly after writing this review JH sent an e-mail offering us 111.00 for our troubles. We excepted the offer but told them it hardly seemed fair after losing the first night of our vacation & spending all the extra money cleaning the place.

I’ve been doing some looking into this company.. be careful they hand pick their website reviews bc they clearly don’t match up with reviews on the exact same homes found elsewhere.. wish I would have did more homework b4 using their company!

I tried to give an honest review on their website but curiously you can’t leave a review.. now why doesn’t that surprise me

Original review posted by user Oct 11, 2020
We rented a log home from this company(Dreamscapes). We arrived excited but that quickly diminished upon opening the door. We were faced w/ many things from extreme wet dog stench to a very dirty home (during the COVID-19 pandemic at that). We were expecting guest to join us the following day so we had two choices either call JH & have someone come clean the home properly or clean it ourselves. Neither seemed fair to us after spending appx. 3,000 dollars on the home but we opted to spend another 40.00 on cleaning supplies & spend the first evening of vacation cleaning it ourselves so to avoid sharing the evening with strangers doing so. The up keep of the home was sad to say the least: 5 bedrooms & only one tv was in working order, the surround sound in the theater was broken, the jetted tub didnt have working jets, the bedroom window jam was broke causing a large enough hole to put your hand in, almost all of the window screens were missing, the carpets were in need of replacing, stones missing on the fireplace, missing or burnt out bulbs & pans that had zero chance of being cooked in. Just 2 many 2 list.. honestly. I brought it to the attention of Sarah @ JH along w/ photos. I was assured by Sarah that it would be passed onto management & they would contact me. I didnt hear anything so I sent an email & still havent heard anything.. not even an apology. I might note we picked this place bc it had all 5 star reviews but after seeing the place & condition of it Im honestly wondering who is posting those reviews bc we find it very difficult to give it a 1star. Im frustrated & angry about the lack of customer service after they take your money but mostly I write this review bc I worry this company will also ruin someone elses hard earned vacation. In closing: Use another company when staying in the area.. there are many to choose from dont let the reviews get you like they got us.
ID
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Pros
  • Easy to use website
Cons
  • Terrible customer service after they have your money
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Brands Related to Jackson Mountain Homes

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article