Ja Mobile Showroom Reviews

Show reviews that mention
john segovia money real empire john carpet check segovia contract home empire carpet
Filter review

John Segovia and April Segovia Decieved Us in Order to Steal $1450!

Update by user Jul 22, 2014

I am trying to contact those who have been scammed by John Segovia. Please contact me asap at joseydunagan@***.com. Thank you.

Original review posted by user Jul 22, 2014
My husband mistakenly made an appointment with John Segovia, Owner of this so-called business thinking it was the real Empire that you see on the commercials. He even told this guy that we have been dealing with them for years for 2 other homes. Rather than John correcting him and advising him he must have had the wrong company, he went with it and even said we would get a 60% discount for being return customers. Even when my husband asked why the salesmen we had before was not coming back out to sell us carpet for our 3rd home, John just said that April Segovia, his daughter was now the sales person for the area. I met with April in my home on July 11, 2014. She showed me samples and we talked prices. When she originally quoted me over $2k for 3 bedrooms with carpet, I was shocked! I asked her if the commercial they are running about buying 2 rooms and getting the rest for free was a better deal. She said no, her quote will be better since we were returning customers (again furthering my belief this was the real Empire). When I told her that we have had 2 homes both 1500sq ft done for under $2k, she looked shocked and came down on the price. Eventually, we agreed on a price after she said the work will be completed within 48hrs. Since this was a Friday evening, I asked if they worked on Saturdays and she said no. She then said that the carpet I picked would have to be ordered but the work would be completed Tuesday or Wednesday the upcoming week. I agreed and paid $1450 in full because she said the offer would not be valid after that day. She then handed me a paper to sign. For whatever reason, I did not read it, but just signed it. I did not feel uncomfortable signing it because I have done business with Empire Carpet on 2 other occasions over the last 5 years and never had a problem (keep in mind I still believed this was the real Empire from TV). Before April left, she once again stated that she would order the carpet on Monday and give me a call. I had told her I was interested in wood floors as well but would have to talk with my husband over the weekend. She said if I wanted the floors, then she can order them when she contacts me the following Monday and all of the work would be done by that Tuesday or Wednesday. After she left, I looked over the contract. It did not seem out of the ordinary but did notice at the bottom it stated they were not affiliated with Empire Today. I did not know this at the time, but Empire Today is the actual company I thought I was doing business with! I never realized Empire Today was the company on the commercial until the following Thursday. Monday evening (7/14) came but I had received no call from the company. I did not sweat it because we decided not to get the wood floors anyway. The next evening I still had heard nothing so I asked my husband to call. As he was calling, a man by the name of John called me. I did not know at the time that John was the owner of the company because I was still under the impression this was the real Empire. He told me there were some issues with the installer but he said they should be at my home Thursday July 17th. He said he would call me the next day to confirm. He never called so that Wednesday evening I called him. He confirmed a crew would be at my home Thursday July 17th at 11am to install my carpet. Guess what, they never showed up. To their credit, it had been raining. At 12:10pm, I called the number I had for John. When John answered, I asked if it was him and he said no (I was a little taken back because that person sounded like the person I had talked to previously). I asked him if we needed to reschedule because no one showed up. He put me on hold, then came back and said he had to check his files and he would call me right back. He never called back. Therefore I spent the next few hours calling every number for the company listed on the contract. It was only then that it dawned on me after re-reading the contract that this company was not who I thought they were and that Empire Today was the company we had done previous business with. I then started to perform internet searches for this company and to my horror, found numerous BBB complaints and other consumer complaints lodged against John and April Segovia for theft and failing to provide services. These reports revealed that if they did come back to do the work, it was awful and the homeowners were out even more money. Many of these homeowners filed suits and won, from what the complaints stated but unfortunately after doing my own research, John Charles Segovia and April Amanda Segovia are notorious for filing liens against peoples homes because they refused to pay these people any more money (mind you the consumers had already paid upfront most if not all the money and got little to no work done). I finally left two voice messages on the business numbers I had telling them that I want a call back or I would file a small claims suit against them. I then contacted April Segovia via her cell phone. I remembered she had given it to me before she left that day she sold me the carpet. I left a message telling her that the workers never showed up and that if she does not call me back then I would file a suit against her, John, and her company. She quickly texted me back ranting on and on at me about how she is just an individual and I cannot sue. Also, if I cancel the contract they would only reimburse me 40% of the money due to a restocking fee. She then said she was tired of me harassing and threatening her the entire day to which I responded that I had only called and left her a voicemail no more than 15min earlier and had not contact with her at all other than the few text messages with her. She refused to tell me why no one showed up or even gave me a courtesy call. She just continued to say she was only the sales person and she knows nothing. My husband was finally able to get in contact with John Segovia via phone. It was then John Segovia demanded an apology from us! My husband, fearing that we would lose our close to $1500 tried to calm him and told him we just wanted our carpets installed as promised. My husband then said John Segovia told him that he "runs the show" and that he had someone quit and he would get a crew out when he could. My husband asked when, and John Segovia said that he would call my husband the next day and set up an appointment for Saturday (7/19) or the following Monday (7/21). John Segovia also refused to refund any money. The next day (Friday) John Segovia never called as promised. I sent him a text message that evening advising that I was just following up with the appointment time. Over an hour later, he sent a text back stating the work would be done "next week at the earliest". I texted back and asked if he meant the week of July 28th or this coming Monday. I also asked why there was a no show and lack of communication. He then texted at 10:04pm "28th.. I told your husband already, ask him!" I then texted John what my husband had told me the previous day; that John said he would have a crew out Saturday or Monday. John's response was "That's not what I said! One last time.. I will call when I have a crew lined up to do ur job" I then just asked him to do what was right and to reimburse us the money if he cannot get someone out when he promised because the 28th was unacceptable. He did not respond to the text. The next afternoon on Saturday July 19th, I sent John a text message trying to resolve the issues. He has our money and we have nothing at this point. I told him that I would be willing for him to do the job by Monday July 21 at 10am. If he does not show up or refund my money by that time, I would file a civil suit against him. I asked him once more to do the right thing and just do the work, to communicate with me, or refund the money. He never responded. For the last couple of days, I have been diligently researching this man and his family. He has a criminal history for theft $1500-$20k and was just recently arrested in March of this year. This past Monday (7/21), I visited with my banker to see if the charge to my account could be reversed. It could not be reversed however, to my surprise my banker called John Segovia! She asked how long it normally takes to install carpet to which he stated 24hrs. Then she told him who she was and that I was there with her and he told her he would pay us back the money this Wednesday or Thursday. It is now Tuesday (7/22), but I highly doubt he will pay anything unless forced to. Do not do business with this man. He and his daughter have multiple businesses and DBA's in their name and from my experience and from the BBB complaints I have read, they have been scamming people out of their money for years. Empire Carpets and Showers is another name they use for J & A Mobil Showrooms. They also run a business called CAS Remodeling out of Dallas. Beware of these people!

I got ripped off by this guy in 99 for 4700 right before Christmas when his company was shop at home custom floors. He makes me sick I hope he burns for it and I mean that literally .

He's a real living piece of ?!/!!!. Ruined Christmas at my house

@PissedConsumer897296

Contact Deanna Dewberry with channel 5 news. She's investigating him in order to expose him. Deanna_dewberry@***.com

View more comments (1)
Weatherford, Texas
Loss

Jonathan came to my house took my money and never installed carpet

I am a psychologist and find it interesting that he said he just got back from Afganistand and was in a fight to get his children back that were in a bad situation. I gladly said I could do an evaluation that might help him. Well, I gave him a check. He called and made excuses--no carpet. I thought that it was important that I called Empire Carpet in Spring Texas so I could deal with a local "branch of Empire Carpet" ie Empire Today I thought but of course it was not. These people need to be put in jail.

They took us for a ride as well. April Amanda Segovia, John Segovia's 26 year old daughter came into our home, promised the carpet would be installed within 48hrs, took our money, then never showed back up.

$1450 out of pocket with only aggravation to show for it.

We too mistook this company for the real Empire Carpets.... We are now working with local law enforcement to put these people behind bars!

Segovia has topped a new low. What a disgrace that he would defame our military this way.

He needs to pay a high price for what he is doing.

If there is a attorney out there please help all who have been wronged by this *** bag. I have talked to all the legal people that I can think of but I'm only one person.

@PissedConsumer783939

I am trying to make contact with victims of John Charles Segovia. Please contact me at joseydunagan@***.com

View more comments (2)
Conroe, Texas
$2014

John Segovia, J & A Mobile Showroom

He came to my home, measured the footage, fast-talker, and after paying Mr. Segovia in advance, the full quoted amount for flooring (my mistake), he is avoiding my phone calls, did not keep appointments he made, and has not fulfilled his contract with us. He continues "putting us off" with various excuses when I have been able to contact him. I want to either have the flooring installed per the contract or my money back. He travels with his brother and his nephew, Jonathon. He rents different vans to travel in. What options do we have? We are seniors and my husband is retired military.

Please contact me at joseydunagan@***.com. I am trying to contact victims of John Charles Segovia.

contact the police, the BBB your local state representative and senator.any lawer you can afford. Tell them what happened.

DO PUT A WATCH ON YOUR PROPERTY FOR A LIEN. Segovia is good about putting liens on property,if nothing else for harrassment. He will not show in court if you sue him.

he didn't show when i sued him. Good Luck

@PissedConsumer710207

Got us too in 2009. We did report to the BBB and sued.

Won judgement, but he has so many across multiple counties doubt anyone of us will see a dime. Did it more based on principle.

*** OF THE EARTH STAY AWAY FROM THIS WACK JOB

View more comments (3)
San Antonio, Texas

Theft of money

Update by user Nov 01, 2012

He told the lawyer he would NOT return the money, but that he would do the work. Considering how this thief and corrupt lawbreaker had behaved so far, plus with all the negative reviews I found on him, I declined having him do the work. He also would not negotiate and just provide material.As the lawyer said, \"This is a bad man, and he knows the system\" Unfortunately I had to walk away from the $4,200 plus the lawyer\'s fee.

However, this fine upstanding Christian business man will not enjoy the money. I am sure karma will come round and bite him in the ***.Please do not do business with JOhn Segovia, Empire Flooring and Showers, or JA Mobile Showroom unless you want to throw your money away.

Update by user Nov 01, 2012

Here is the update, and it is not good news. I hired a lawyer, and the lawyer spoke with John Segovia of JA Mobile Showroom, also doing business as Empire Flooring and Showers. He told the lawyer he would NOT return the money, but that he would do the work. Considering how this thief and corrupt lawbreaker had behaved so far, plus with all the negative reviews I found on him, I declined having him do the work. He also would not negotiate and just provide material.

However, this fine upstanding Christian business man will not enjoy the money. I am sure karma will come round and *** him in the ***.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2012
I paid 4,200 and signed a contract for flooring on Sept 21 at 9pm, then canceled at 2pm Sept 22 but he cashed my check and WILL NOT RETURN THE MONEY. Despite my lawyer calling him, he still will not return money, insists I postponed not canceled. So very sad. My lawyer suggested I let him do the work, but research online shows he is a very corrupt person and I cannot stomach letting him into my home or even talking with him. I've never met such an ethical person who was also a thief. I am sick about this.

I need people who have been victims of this *** artist to please contact me! Joseydunagan@***.com

guys a crook

Please be careful, no business with Empire Flooring and Showers, John Segovia, or JA Mobile Showroom.

@Helon Lpr

I am trying to contact victims of John Segovia. Please contact me at joseydunagan@***.com

View more comments (3)
Dallas, Texas

John Segovia of J&A mobile showroom is a ripoff

We hired John Segovia dba J&A mobile showroom in Arlington, TX to replace flooring and carpet in our house. He told us he could have the job done in 3 days. We paid him most of the money, he would only take a check in his name not the bussiness name, he said it was a bank problem. after being there maybe an hour a day for 3 days he left without finishing the job. he was real arrogant and said that we fired him. we contacted an attorney to deal with MR. Segovia he was very arrogant to the attorney.He told tha attorney that he would finish the job for more money.We took him to small claims court. We proved our case to the judge and was awarded a judgment against Mr Segovia. Mr. Segovia did put a lien against our property for the differance. Mr. Segovia has refused to pay the judgement he owes us. Please do not use anything with Mr. Segovis' name on it.

He also stole 5000.00 from my mother in 2013.

Deanna Dewberry did a story about him! If you are a victim, please contact me at joseydunagan@***.com and I will get you in contact with her.

I am unable to post the link to the story but go to Facebook and search for her or to NBC5 and locate the story. Get in contact with her because there are numerous victims!

Sec. 32.49.

REFUSAL TO EXECUTE RELEASE OF FRAUDULENT LIEN OR CLAIM. (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to defraud or harm another, the person:

(1) owns, holds, or is the beneficiary of a purported lien or claim asserted against real or personal property or an interest in real or personal property that is fraudulent, as described by Section 51.901(c), Government Code; and

(2) not later than the 21st day after the date of receipt of actual or written notice sent by either certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, to the person's last known address, or by telephonic document transfer to the recipient's current telecopier number, requesting the execution of a release of the fraudulent lien or claim, refuses to execute the release on the request of:

(A) the obligor or debtor; or

(B) any person who owns any interest in the real or personal property described in the document or instrument that is the basis for the lien or claim.

(b) A person who fails to execute a release of the purported lien or claim within the period prescribed by Subsection (a)(2) is presumed to have had the intent to harm or defraud another. (c) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor. Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch.

189, Sec.

4, eff. May 21, 1997.

S L U T C U N T april segovia and John Segovia are drug addicts took my old mothers money and never did the work think he and she were drunk when they came to the house also cash was missing from the purse and a iphone

John is a joke and April is one awful deceiving *** cashed the check same day for 5000$ and nave called back. That *** and John are *** stay away

#722055

April Segovia and John Segovia work together to scam good people out of there money never did the work and when I did not pay said he was going to kill me. He and she are Wack jobs and addicted to drugs.

They stole from a disabled vet. Please do yourself a favore and get out while you still can.

Contact the police if you have to this guy has a long track recorded of bad checks and putting leans on your house. Stay away from John and April at any cost

#720380

This so called co. J&A Mobile Showroom is nothing more than a scam they took 5,000.00 from me on 7-26-13 called john c.

next day said I would like my money back he said no if I found better price he would match it. My check had been chashed 7-26-13

will not return my phone calls last time I called a text message was sent back

#720731
@PissedConsumer720380

Please report them to the police, city hall state rep's any inforcement agency that you can think of. Then take him to small claims court.

watch you property for liens ( he is good about putting liens on homes). If enough people complain mayby the powers to be will listen and inact some laws to protect the victims from this kind of ***.

@PissedConsumer720731

Steven, we were just taken by this guy as well just this past week. Have you had an outcome with your dealings with him? Were you able to recover your money?

View more comments (27)
Richardson, Texas
$2000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article