ITP (internet telephone Provider) tries to steal and cheat

What is it about internet phone services; can't find a decent or honest one anywhere. Guess the government hasn't stepped in a laid down the law yet. Tried to sign up with ITP (Internet Telephone Provider). everything seemed OK until after they took my credit card information (sign-up process not yet completed). I was to be charged $47.90, 29.95 for the hardware and $17.95 for shipping. Then a comment was made that indicated that the ticker for my month of service started immediately. When I asked for clarification, it was confirmed that the ticker for the month started this day (day of attempted sign up). Problem was they had to send me hardware for the service to work and it would be delivered at a later date. This was not acceptable and even after I explained that I am not going to pay for a service until I can use it, they refused to make the adjustment. I immediately told them, then to cancel the order, I was not going to use their service. I was then informed that they cannot because the charge was already put through and it was their policy of no refunds. I could get nowhere with the agent and told them I would take it up with my credit card company. OK, here's the problems: 1.) It is illegal for them to charge my card before they send out the order. 2.) they never informed me before they put the order through that they had a policy of no refunds; this makes this part illegal. 3.) Found out later, from my credit card company, (coming to this part later) that they actually charged my card for $67.89. That makes this fraud because they charged a greater amount to my card than I was told the charge would be. So I called my credit card company and they confirmed that I was exactly right in all the above claims I listed. This was about 5-10 minutes (at the most) later I had given the card information to the agent. My card company confirmed that they had already put through the charge and that they charged $67.89 instead of the $47.90 that I was told it would be. 5 - 10 minutes after taking my information, and not even finishing setting up an account for me. They never even assigned me a phone number yet. I was told that they, however could not do anything about it until the charge was fully put through in a few days, so I'd have to call back in three days to get it kicked back. So, I decided to try get it taken care of by calling he company back and talking to a supervisor. My return call, and after asking for a supervisor specifically, even clarifying my right to speak to one, was refused. Then the agent on the phone tried to BS me after refusing me a supervisor, so I hung up and will have to call my credit card company back in a few days and get it taken care of that way. Now, ITP, will pay fines and fees and get a hard lesson in consumer law. Wonder why we have so much government? This, right here, is why.
ID
Roswell, New Mexico

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article