ISI told me I would save money on my business phone

ISI telemarketer told me I would save money on my business phone. When I received my bill it went up $24.88 on top of an already high bill. I don't understand how they can get away with this. I agree with all the other complaints I have found on line for this company. This is a lesson to be learned never change anything with any unknown company before checking them out. I am still looking to change my business phone but I am checking them out before hand and asking a lot of questions before I change. This should be stopped.
ID
Albany, New York
Loss

I S I took my phone service and lied to me

This company called me on my business phone and told me they were from verizon and asked if I read the insert in my last bill from verizon. They told me that verizon enterprise solutions was no longer handling long distance and if I did not swith today I would not have long distance.. Dont believe it.. they lied to me. I contacted verizon a week later because I felt this was wrong and lo and behold I was right so I had to switch everyghing back to verizon.. ISI also took my local calling as well without my permision. RIP OFF dont trust them

same here. I even had a block on my verizon account to prevent things like this, and this company still got pasts the block.

AND they refuse to removed the charges they got on there fraudulently.

so happy everyone commented. same thing happened to me, couldn't understand the guy very good.

then he puts me hold to answer some questions I goggle right quick not having a good feeling and sure enough seen the other comments. cant trust anyone :)

ISI is owned by Back Office Systems Services300 Maple Park BlvdSuite 301St. Claire Shores, Mi 48081The telemarketers that actually do the slamming are atSaxony Office Center 17200 E.

Ten MiSuite 145Eastpoint, Mi 48021The address they give in Indiana is phony.

Its a mail drop.Rick owns the companyDavid Slaughter is a high managerNorma Acton supervises the slammers.The phone no. at BOSS is 866 254 ****

ISI may be somewhat deceitful in their pitch, but they are no worse than Verizon. Verizon, for example, insists they are not raising my rate, only "ending a promotion" and "discontinuing a discount". If I could get a better idea (meaning a specific projection)of rates with ISI, I would go with them.

Agree with all previous comments. Rep claimed to be calling on behalf of ATT, but if you don't complete verification process (i.e. hangup on them) your LD won't be changed.

Called ATT long distance directly and they suggested to put a PIC freeze/protection in place. This means if you want to change LD carriers, you have to call them yourself.

Also suggested to register your phone number with donotcall.gov

I too just got a call from ISI saying they were my phone carrier service all along only now due to FCC regulations their name would begin to appear on my bill.(?!) when I asked for something in writing she said I had already received in insert in my bill. when I read from a notice from ATT referencing a lower reduction than what ISI was offering, she began to stumble with her story.

I asked if this was a "slam", she didn't have an answer. at this point I checked online and found this blog-- I even read the heading aloud to her--again she had no answer.

I said I wasn't going to agree to anything without more research and hung up on her. Egads--I thought these kinds of scams had been done away with.

I just got a phone call from this guy from ISI saying they are the service provider for all of the major phone companies and that he was calling to complete the process of reducing our local and long distance as mandated by the SEC. When I pressed him on having him email me a copy of the supposed notice that was in my regular AT&T bill, he said that he couldn't.

When I said that I would need to call AT&T to confirm this reduction, he said, "well, that's fine, but just be warned that their customer service probably won't know about it. Then while still on the phone I googled ISI and this site came up.

Told him, no thanks and hung up. Wow, what scam artists.

Thanks everyone who put the comments for ISI they called me and did the same but while i was on the phone i searched for this company and found out about this blog so i didn't do the phone verification Thanks a lot...

Was just called on our business account to. She went into her spiel and then I interrupted her telling her she had not even told me who she was with.

That is the usual M.O. though. She claimed she was authorized by AT&T to call me. AT&T has nothing to do with it.

Deregulation allows them to call me.

Knew it was a slammer. Got rid of her quick!

#252009

Same story here. They told me that they're from AT&T and tricked me into switching my long distance plan.

I had to call AT&T in about 7 days after to switch back. Have received any additional fees from ISI after switching back?

View more comments (10)
ID
#191372 Review #191372 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mays Landing, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article