Isabella Milan - Review in Professional Services category from Edmonton, Alberta

This woman has scammed models and clients out of thousands, left them stranded, in different countries after getting them to model for her at fashion week, after fashion week, promising them decent accomidation durring their stay then taking them to unsafe and unsanitary accomidations and forcing them to pay for everything, at times these models were underage and she was responsible for them on a parental level as well as an employer, many models will not associate with her or her family due to their two faced ways, yes her garments are beautiful and she is an excellent designer, her designs have been featured on many catwalks and she does excellent work but, she has no loyalty outside of her family and is completely unreliable. I thought at first after working closely with her that she had a heart of gold but, then I found out a lot of things from that close association that showed me she is very selective and devious in her dealings. It has recently come to my attention that she has moved to Spain but, to clarify her businesses went under long before she was diagnosed with cancer although my heart went out to her it is most distasteful how this was used to justify unprofessional behaviour or stealing from clients. Isabella still has a son and daughter here involved in the fashion community and although I believe her daughter is fairly harmless, her son goes by a number of aliases, is a drug dealer, a *** artist, and hides behind his photography business.

Apologies

Hi, I would like you to know that on behalf of the friends and family of Isabela Milan due to unfortunate circumstances Isabela was diagnosed with Cancer while you were in negotiations. This is something you may not have known because she was very nobble person that brought joy and happiness to many brides and misses and although your concerns for your dress were very important to you Isabela was under treatments for her diagnosis flying over seas and paying for medication which in turn cost everything. Our sincere apologies for any misunderstanding or unfair negotiations and we wish you and your family all the best. What you do not understand is Isabela was loved by many and as always when things don't go as planned and difficult circumstances arise unfortunate things happen. You have every right to be upset. We ask and prey that you will find it in your hearts to understand these unfortunate circumstances and that in 35 years of dedication and love for designing dresses Isabela was renowned and awarded many awards and yes won competitions in miss universe for the best gown designed and stitched by Isabela so my deepest and sincere apologies and hope you may live happy and love your family and friends as life may take a turn one day and you too may be faced with difficulties that one may never imagine can happen. All the best and God Bless

BUYER BEWARE

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WOMAN. I was the maid of honor in a wedding in May 2014. My best friend ordered a stock dress with customizations (addition of beading, adding some ruffles and adding a strap) from Isabela Milan's store in Bonnie Doon. We had three fittings and send pictures of the "would be" dress to Isabela for alterations. We were required to pay upfront before any alterations were made to the dress. We were promised the dress in December 2013. In January, after not receiving the dress, the bride made several attempts to contact Isabela with no response. After no response, we went to Bonnie Doon to discuss it in store, only to find out she had moved and no longer existed. 16 phone calls later, there was still no response. When we finally got ahold of Isabela, she had moved her business into her home and made a fitting appointment with the bride at the end of January. When the bride attempted to go to the fitting, the address given was wrong and with another 10 phone calls, there was no answer. Isabela finally returned the calls, wondering why the bride didn't make it to the fitting, and promised to deliver the dress to my home within two weeks. Two weeks passed, and no dress. She said she needed more time for the alterations. Another two weeks passed, and no dress. She said she needed more time for the alterations. This pattern continued until the beginning of April 2014. Isabela would not give her proper home address and would not meet anywhere except a Second Cup. When the bride received the dress, the alterations were absolutely abysmal. As in, when she put it on, the ruffles on the dress fell off as well as the beading that had been added, and there was no strap (As discussed previously). When we tried to get the strap, there were continued no answers on the phone, or she was always "out of town". Since it was a month away from the wedding, we ended up taking the dress to another store for $1000 worth of alterations to fix the dress and never got a penny back from Isabela (supposedly a world renowned designer and business woman). Buyer beware, do not buy from her.

Crazy, but

Sounds about right! This woman should be reported to better business or trouble shooters. Sorry for your troubles but you are not alone!

Loss
$2000

Wedding isabela Milan

This woman is a scam, she claims to be the official designer for miss universe when I looked into it they said they haven't heard of this woman! The reason I'm so upset is that in the past she was suppose to custom make my wedding when she was at city centre, she told me to bring in a picture? Thought if your a designer you can create whatever from your own vision, apparently not when it came to my wedding day she told me the seamstress wasn't finished?!! WTF! 2 days from my wedding, no dress, no call! Come to find out they moved there store, had no number to call them either! I had buy a dres last minute, just to be ripped off! Buyers be ware, heard of other stories from brides outside her store the day I found they closed down she did a similar situation but not as extreme as mine!!!

Yikes! That's a bad story.

I am very fortunate to have had great experiences with Isabella. She has designed and sewn 3 stunning dresses for me over the past 16 years. Dresses that are exquisite pieces of art.

I think she is an amazing, talented woman. I realize she has moved locations a lot, and I keep hunting her down because her dresses are so special.

I new this store looked familiar! Except it was called unique classique, right?

All I know is I filed through better business bureau and there was no contact.

Good to know, have to check that store out as I was screwed around aswell, if it's the same lady I'll be happy to get my money back! Hopefully.

@PissedConsumer493638

Yes it is the same lady! Sorry to hear, the dresses are nice but not for the price as top designers sell them cheaper in west edmonton mall..

Hope you get your money back, they know push no money back or returns, so good luck! I'd call global news and have hot shots take a stab at her!

View more comments (2)
Loss
$2000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article