Iron clad engines in my opinion are nothing but a bunch of junk

i ordered a engine and installed it after engine warmed op had no oil pressure at stop lights checked with a manuel gauge had the same thing talked to a company rep he said to over fill it by five qts of oil wanted me to remove oil pan install a new oil pump dip tube .got second engine had same problem talked to factory rep said i had the wrong distributor in engine there isonly one distributor made for this engine acording to several auto parts stores the he suggested i put a newoil pump in motor of course at my expense got engine#3 same problem had to argue with manufacture all along to check cam bearings still have no auto to drive and they have my money was told by factory rep they could not compensate me for expences because of state law checked with state nosuch law exists.

User's recommendation: stay away from iron clad engines.

Product
Ironclad Engines Engine
Cons
  • Bad company poor product
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Replacement engine defective too

Has anyone tried to get reimbursed for a rebuilt Napa engine since the replacement engine Napa sent is also defective? Vehicle is now sitting at repair shop since April not running, 2 full days of labor charges outstanding and repair shop is not at all interested in putting in a third. I live on an island in Alaska with a few repair shops. I plan on going to Napa store in hopes of getting a refund for the first engine.
#1915763

i also have put in three engines and all three are junk. very hard to get refund napa auto parts have been great in trying to help me but they can only do so much .tried talking to factory rep.all i could get from them was it was not their fault and more lies told to me

Ketchikan, Alaska
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Full refund

Engine warranty not being honored.

We purchased an engine from our local Napa store and opted for the expensive engine for the better warranty, so we thought. We are having trouble getting the lifters on the #8 cylinder to stop making lifter noise. After 3 attempts and several hours latter we decided to replace all of the rocker nuts with the thinking that they usually don't replace them. this was the advice of a certified GM mechanic. The lifters came loose again even sooner than before, so we took it to the local Chevy shop and they had determined after inspection that several rocker bushings were scorned or wore badly. Ok so they send up the parts from Texas we pay the shop $300.00 and that still didn't stop the noises. Upon completing a full compression test they discovered that the #1cylinder has low compression. We then called Ryan at 800-831-**** x2 Napa Ironclad and he wants us to send our engine to him at no charge but if they determine that its not there fault then we pay to have it shipped back and forth to us and get to buy another motor. The local mechanics Vanoy Chevrolet 641-623-**** of Montezuma, Iowa upon his request have determined it is faulty and that the warranty should be honored. My local Napa store owner has told me they have had trouble with Ironclad and has asked is regional manager to stop carrying there product. The local Napa store 641-623-**** owner is being very helpful with this situation and understands what is happening and will most likely be cleaning up ironclads mess financially if they don’t. Since the local Napa owner knows the local mechanics personally that worked on my suburban, they are in agreements the warranty should be fulfilled. I have been inconvenienced for months with this and have now spent more money than they will ever repay. Thanks Ironclad of Napa.

Verdict is out so far. I have a 4.0L 6 cylinder Napa Ironclad engine that is only 10 months old and have had nothing but problems that have gotten worse over a very short period of time.

Unfortunately I was on a road trip when I threw a rod and didn't really have the chance to do reviews or a choice of engines.

I wish I did because so far most of the reviews I've read on these engines are not good. We'll see if Napa will honor the warranty because I'm getting the same lifter noise that my original engine made before it threw a rod.

I'll be making a claim this week on an engine that has been nothing but trouble . My experience is similar the repair shop and local Napa store agree, the warranty should be honored

I purchased a ironclad reman from NAPA in Carrollton Georgia and it was a absolutely fantastic experience. The engines runs great and they delivered it to mechanic for the install and picked up the core..AAA+ rating for Napa iron clad remanufactured engines

View more comments (2)
Montezuma, Iowa
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article