INTERPLAY SERVICES INC unclaimed prize division

I also received a letter stating I won 250,000 in unclaimed money. There was a check included and I am so thankful for this site. I didn't deposit it into my account thank God. This is a SCAM and be careful anyone that receives one of these letters. Shame on you *** artists. Get a real job and stop playing with peoples lives. JERKS I should go to the unbank and cash it and keep their money to teach them a lesson. I wish this check was the real deal but it's not. *** *** *** ***

so what happens if you deposit the check into your account

:( i recieved the same letter and check today on 11/30/2010 my check was for 3896.00 and they want me to mail them 2989.00 to them by western union. yes, i won 125,000.00 to be delivered to me in person. a bunch of pig slop!melody

I got my letter today, however it was from Reader's Digest, Inc.

Things that started making me wonder and start my research:

1. The check was made out to a false name that I've only used for 2 weeks, a name I use for things on the internet whereas the letter said the drawing was held Feb. 21, 09.

2. Attached is a check for $3,723 to pay Govt. Service Tax (GST) and insurance, then the next line is Total amount of $2,999.10 to be paid through Western Union. That just didn't make sense to me.

3. The letter is a form letter, no "Dear Ms." no greeting whatsoever.

4. the envelope it was sent in had no return address.

So I started doing some research and not only found this article, but also found out that neither Reader's Digest nor PCH have offices at the address on the letter. When I called the "File Agent" listed on the letter about the difference in name, they said they could "issue another check, however you will have to pay $980. up front for us to do so." That right there screamed "fraud" to me. So when I told him I could not afford to pay for a check to be reissued, he requested I send the check back to them. I told him, "No, I'm going to forward the letter and the check to the Postal Inspector when I file against your company for postal fraud." He hung up on me.

So now, I'm working on a letter with all the details of the call to send to the postal inspector. I suggest that anyone else who has received or does receive in the future and reads this, file a fraud claim against these s.o.b.'s to get them shut down and punished!

Side note: The bank the check is drawn on is real, however the company the check belongs to is not. I am also informing Reader's Digest, PCH and the bank of the scam and suggest that everyone else does as well. The more people that report this, the heavier the punishment will be for these people who are doing this.

ok .. so now what you need to do is contact the Postal Inspector and see about filing postal fraud charges.

:( I too got the same letter as the person above. The check was for $3,628 saying i won $119,000.

Obviously this is a SCAM!!!!

I didnt cash the check and dont plan too. Thanks all for the info, now I can sleep better.

i recieved the check too. thats bull *** .to get someone hopes up like that

Yea i just received my letter today :( this is a bunch of bull. I really needed the money too, times are to hard now days for ppl to be playing *** games. Scammers like that need to be put to rest point blank just my two cents..........

I received a check for $3628.00 for taxes on a winnings of 119,000.00 of unclaimed prize money for Publishers Clearing house so I took the check to the bank and it run through like a real check but of course I didn't cash it I was there reporting this scam because on the letter it said to send $2996.10 of it Western Union to pay the taxes. The number on the letter was a cell phone out of British Columbia all of these are a scam so PLEASE don't cash the check!

I called the cell # and the man that answered asked me if I wanted my winnings published or kept private and for me keep to call them back when I've deposited the check and they would tell me where to wire the money to pay the taxes on my winnings and they would let me know when to exspect my prize money. What prize money this is all a SCAM!

i got the same letter

I just recieved a check in the mail for $3950.00 for taxes on a winning of $250,000.00..sounded too good to be true, I called Publishers Clearing House, to see if it was legit. It's not!

I too am pissed, because I could really use the money. I am going to lodge a complaint at www.fraud.org and encourage anyone who gets this to do it to, and maybe we can get them shut down.

View more comments (9)
ID
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article