A/C become furnace after repair

I wont give them any single star... they diagnosed the A/C problem ($98), told me that they found the leakage and it need a part replacement (148), after that they confirmed you will be all good. When I went next day, I came to know that 1 more leakage was found which need to be fixed for $760.... I dint go with that and thought 1 leakage is fixed so there would be some improvement... but what I got was WORST, my A/C was working a bit earlier and was cooling little bit... but now its a furnace... even though its cold outside, simple A/C fan is also given me hot air.... WORST EVER experience.... Please dont go there.... find some other good shop.

To Mr. Pankaj Verma:

Sir, I’m sorry to learn that you have chosen not to return in order for the repair to be completed on your 2006 Nissan Altima. I am also sorry that you have such a low opinion of our ability to properly diagnose and correct your A/C problem. However, I do think there is a lack of understanding in this situation largely owing to two factors.

1. We have been unable to explain to you effectively as to why your air conditioning is not working as well now as it was before. I do understand that before your visit the a/c system was working “a little in the morning.” Now, you are unable to understand as to why what little cool air you had, is now gone.

In short, your Altima has multiple fluid leaks coming from various sources ranging from the oil cooler to power steering pump. All fluids appear to be contaminated and old. I point this out only to reinforce the fact that the car is not in the best of shape and doesn’t appear have been well maintained. In such an environment, one glaring fluid leak was a saturated A/C High Pressure line. This leak was so severe that there was no way to effectively evacuate and recharge the system; i.e. a bucket with *** in it will not hold water; so the first order of business was to replace the failed hose. After hose replacement, the system had a vacuum placed on it which is required to perform a/c component replacement. This must be done before the system can be recharged. At this point it was discovered that, in addition to your blown high pressure line, your a/c condenser also has *** in it. Due to this, it will not hold refrigerant. We attempted to charge it but it is leaking from the failed condenser. The reason that the system no longer cools “a little in the morning” is because there is no refrigerant present. We had to capture what little you had in order to remove the hose. This evacuation procedure is required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Once the part is replaced, the system must be recharged. Again, we can’t recharge the system due to the hole in the condenser. So…no refrigerant, no cold air.

I would also add that by continuing to operate your vehicle with a compromised condenser, you are running the risk of incurring further damage to the internal components by exposing them to the moisture that resides in the outside air. When you finally do decide to have the a/c fixed, you may now need additional parts and labor. I would hope not but it is a definite possibility.

2. There is a tremendous language barrier between you and us. This is unfortunate but this is something that we can hardly affect and we are apparently unable to overcome. It is a difficult task at times under the best of circumstances to explain the intricacies of various automotive systems. When the situation is further complicated by a severe breakdown in the ability to communicate, what can we do? I hope this response to your complaint will at least afford you an explanation, although you may not agree with it, you will understand. In addition, I will also mail this response to you to ensure that I have made a genuine effort to reach out to you in the hopes of resolving this situation. Lastly, it would have better served us both if you had contacted me personally. The last I heard of this situation was that you informed my Service Advisor that you would call back and set an appointment. If I had not been “surfing the web” in an unrelated topic, I would have never seen your comments on the review site on which you decided to post them. Sincerely, Jeff Brewer, Owner INssan automotive

ID
Franklin, Tennessee
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Mechanic damaged my vehicle when replacing a tail light

This company is located near Nashville, in Franklin, Tennessee. I regret that I ever walked through their door, it was a nightmare experience. I was in the waiting area for about an hour before they told me that the only tail light replacement bulb they had in stock was dropped and they had to wait for another one to be delivered. Meanwhile, I looked into the garage and could see a mechanic working on a vehicle who was covered from head to toe in black grease. Beyond him was my car with the tail light sitting in my trunk on top of my belongings which didn't make me too happy. I continued to wait and finally about another hour later they told me my car was ready. I never expected it to take so long, about 21/2 hours to change a light bulb! I was pressed to get to an appointment that afternoon so I paid them and left in a hurry knowing I would not have my car serviced by them again. As I was driving away I looked down and my shirt had a big black grease spot on the side which really upset me. My thoughts were racing and I was not feeling good about the experience. I began to wonder what kind of work they did if they dropped a light bulb while installing it. Had they actually dropped my tail light cover as well? (Which seemed more like what happened after I discovered the damage). I was panicked and as soon as I arrived at my destination I immediately got out of my car and went around to the tail light to have a look. I was astounded to find that there were several deep gouges in the paint just under the tail light and in the area below it. I drove right back to Inssan and went in to ask them about what had caused the damage to my vehicle. The service advisor came out with the mechanic who worked on my car because Tim McGee had gone to lunch. I showed them the damage and asked what happened. They admitted to causing the damage and took pictures of the tail light area on my vehicle. The service advisor told me that I would have to bring the car back in on the following Wednesday when their mobile repair man came. I told him that I didn't want a mobile repair job done to my vehicle because the work was not professional (I had seen paint peel off in a matter of months with these types of repairs) and it would void the warranty on my paint. He told me that was the only way they would fix it. I left and went to Alexander Nissan to have the the tail light checked to make certain it was working OK since I had absolutely no faith in Inssan at this point. While at Alexander Nissan I got a price quote on replacing a tail light and it was less expensive than what Inssan charged me. Inssan is supposed to be an alternative to Nissan Dealerships that is less expensive. I went back to Inssan after having my tail light checked out when Mr. McGee was back from lunch and he came out and looked at the damage. He told me he didn't blame me for being upset because the scrapes and gouges were deep and very visible. He agreed that it should have a professional repair job and told me to get an estimate of repairs at a body shop. I gave them an estimate of repairs I got from my body shop. Mr. McGee said he didn't have time to get back to me because he was busy interviewing for the position of the mechanic they let go who damaged my vehicle. He continued to put me off for two weeks making excuse after excuse. When I did speak to him, he would always change phones and threatened me once saying the phone call was being recorded. He was attempting to start an argument and put me on the defensive. After I started to get impatient with waiting so long, he told me I better not get upset or he wasn't going to help me. Finally, he told me that the owner said I would have to either let the mobile repair man fix it or turn my keys over to him to have it fixed. I certainly was not going to give them the keys to my car after what they did to it while replacing a tail light. The mechanic later denied doing the damage to my vehicle and lied about it in court when I sued for damages.
ID
Columbia, Tennessee

About

Summary

For performing your regular scheduled factory recommended services with INssan automotive, you receive points awarded to your personal service ...

Inssan Automotive reviews and complaints

Inssan Automotive is ranked 477 out of 1737 in Service Centers and Repairs category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article